Dining plan with a split stay question

Amy M

DIS Veteran
My parents have a split stay and they have the dining plan on both stays. I understand that credits from the first reservation expire at midnight of check-out day (from stay #1). My question is: Do the dining credits from stay #1 have to be used before the dining credits for stay #2 can be used? Just wondering how transition day will work best. I was thinking they could use their 2 remaining QS credits from stay #1 for breakfast on transition day and then start using dining credits from stay #2 from that point on.

My parents have a split stay and they have the dining plan on both stays. I understand that credits from the first reservation expire at midnight of check-out day (from stay #1). My question is: Do the dining credits from stay #1 have to be used before the dining credits for stay #2 can be used? Just wondering how transition day will work best. I was thinking they could use their 2 remaining QS credits from stay #1 for breakfast on transition day and then start using dining credits from stay #2 from that point on.

Yes, all credits from stay 1 must be used (including snack) before the next credits will be available on that transition day.

Yes, all credits from stay 1 must be used (including snack) before the next credits will be available on that transition day.[/QU
Thank you! I will have to remind them to use the credits early in the day then. We have a BOG breakfast reservation, so I was thinking they could use the credits there.

Yes, all credits from stay 1 must be used (including snack) before the next credits will be available on that transition day.
So will they need to do something to "activate" the credits for stay #2? They will be at the parks for meals on transition day, allowing Disney to move their luggage.

So will they need to do something to "activate" the credits for stay #2? They will be at the parks for meals on transition day, allowing Disney to move their luggage.

As long as they are checked into their second resort, they should be fine.

Thanks! They will be checking in online.

Make sure they select 7am as their online checking time for the second resort. Otherwise, the dining plan won't be active. We had to have BLT call GF to do this a couple weeks ago, because we did online checkin and left BLT and went right to breakfast in MK, and our credits weren't active. They said it was because we had selected 2pm as our resort arrival time.

Make sure they select 7am as their online checking time for the second resort. Otherwise, the dining plan won't be active. We had to have BLT call GF to do this a couple weeks ago, because we did online checkin and left BLT and went right to breakfast in MK, and our credits weren't active. They said it was because we had selected 2pm as our resort arrival time.
We are all set for 7:00 arrival time! Thanks!

Hi

I am also in a similar situation and am very confused!!
We are booked for 5 nights in resort 1 with qsdp, we then transfer to resort 2 for 2 nights on ddp.

We arrive VERY late evening on DAY 1 of our 5 day stay at RESORT 1,so WON'T be using our qsdp credits that day, essentially starting our qsdp on DAY 2 of our stay.
We had planned on lunch (using qsdp credits) at the parks on TRANSITION DAY (the day we check in to resort 2) AND were going to do dinner at resort 2 using our 'leftover' qsdp's credits that night.)

IF we check-in to resort 2 AFTER we use qsdp's for lunch in the parks,, will we still have the remaining leftover qsdp credits to use for dinner that night?

Can we 'activate' our FREE DDP credits the NEXT day? How do we do this?
DO we need to amend check in to 7am as was the advice given to Amy?

I am so confused by all of this!!

help!!
please.

Hi

We are booked for 5 nights in resort 1 with qsdp, we then transfer to resort 2 for 2 nights on ddp.

We arrive VERY late evening on DAY 1 of our 5 day stay at RESORT 1,so WON'T be using our qsdp credits that day, essentially starting our qsdp on DAY 2 of our stay.
We had planned on lunch (using qsdp credits) at the parks on TRANSITION DAY (the day we check in to resort 2) AND were going to do dinner at resort 2 using our 'leftover' qsdp's credits that night.)

IF we check-in to resort 2 AFTER we use qsdp's for lunch in the parks,, will we still have the remaining leftover qsdp credits to use for dinner that night?

help!!
please.

Remember, your credits are based on your NIGHTS, so be sure you are counting correctly.

As long as you're only doing QS meals on your transition day, it should use the ones from your first stay that you have remaining. My advice is to go to guest services when you check out and get a print out of what exactly is left on your first QSDP. That gives you a paper trail should they mess up and use QS credits from your second stay. If that does happen, you can get it fixed. You won't have to do anything to activate your credits, and you don't need a 7 am check in since your are using left over credits. Just choose the time you would like to get in your room if at all possible.

Hi

help!!
please.
You simply have to use up all credits (including snacks) from the QS plan before you can use credits from the regular plan. This is one of those things that should jsut magically work for you.

You simply have to use up all credits (including snacks) from the QS plan before you can use credits from the regular plan. This is one of those things that should jsut magically work for you.
This all worked out for my parents. They actually had a few snack and QS credits remaining on transition day. We ate lunch at Sanaa and their new dining plan wouldn't work (because of the remaining credits from the first stay). They charged the meal to their room and when they got back to the resort, the front desk credited the meal they charged to the room and then they actually merged the leftover credits from stay 1 with their current reservation. It all worked out in the end.

and then they actually merged the leftover credits from stay 1 with their current reservation. It all worked out in the end.

As in they added what they hadn't used and they could use it after midnight on that transition day?? If so, that was VERY unusual and some hefty pixie dust!!

As in they added what they hadn't used and they could use it after midnight on that transition day?? If so, that was VERY unusual and some hefty pixie dust!!
That is exactly what happened!!! They did the same thing for my sister. I was surprised too.

That is exactly what happened!!! They did the same thing for my sister. I was surprised too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter