Dining Plan Question

mikewallacesc

Earning My Ears
We are headed down last minute and are trying to decide between a package or booking room only and adding dining. We are taking along a guy who has an Annual Pass, so he could book our rooms at an Annual Pass holders room only rate. So what's the better value? Also, if we go the package route is it very expensive for him to add his own DP?

If he was staying in your room and wanted the DDP too, then he'd have to get the same tickets as you. Or you could add him to your room when you got there, but he wouldn't get the DDP. Also, I'd make sure you could get ADRs on such a short notice before adding the DDP.

I agree with PP to get online and/or call to see if there's availability for where you'd like to dine.
Then if there's availability to get the AP discount at the resort you want (I assume you already checked this) HE can book the room (I think he can do up to 2 or 3 rooms) and add any of the dining plans. The cost of the dining plan is the same regardless if you are an AP holder or not.

You may then just buy your park tickets upon check in (or from undercover tourist if you have enough time).

I hope this is clear. if not let me know and I'll try to explain again.

Yes, I would check and see if your desired resort was available under the AP discount, and then book it that way and add the dining plan to make the 'AP Package' which is room and dining without tickets.

The ones of y'all who need tickets could then buy them online or at the gate.

In this case, the math involves adding up whatever you would spend on dining, and to that total add the amount you save on the room rate using the discount, and see if that grand total is more or less than what you'd spend on the dining plan.

Also good advice from earlier poster about checking to see if you can book any ADRs that you are interested in, otherwise the TS credits in the regular or deluxe dining plan wouldn't be very useful.

Do you have to have the Dining Reservations? When I went in 2003, I didn't have reservations, but I was able to get into the Moroccan restaurant in Epcot, after a little wait.

Do you have to have the Dining Reservations? When I went in 2003, I didn't have reservations, but I was able to get into the Moroccan restaurant in Epcot, after a little wait.

Welcome to the world of free dining. ADRs are pretty much necessary these days. When are you going?

You can't add dining to room only. Even AP holders have to book a package, even though it is a ticketless package. This is relevant because the deposit, cancellation, change and payment rules are different for packages than they are for room only. If your friend books you on an AP ticketless package, the reservation will follow package policies, not room only policies. Since this trip is last minute, cancellation and payment policies may not concern you. If you want dining you will need to book a package. If you go the ticketless AP package route, the annual passholder must present his pass at check-in. I believe he can book up to 3 rooms.

Not only that, but you cannot add dining at check-in. It must be done no later than 3 days before you arrive.

If YOU book the package, and your friend is on it, in order to get dining you have to buy him the same tickets you get.

Yes, you will need restaurant reservations if you select a dining plan with table service meals. You may still be able to get into the less popular park restaurants, or the restaurants in resorts that are not near parks. At a park like MK, which has only five TS restaurants (one of which costs 2 credits) if you want to eat in the park, you should probably have a reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter