Dining Plan Newbie

Looking at this quote, it seems you must stay onsite to purchase/use any of the dining plans:
Who Can Purchase the Dining Plan?

The Basic Magic Your Way Dining Plan can only be purchased as follows:
1. If you are a non-Disney Vacation Club member, you must purchase a Magic Your Way vacation package at a Disney resort for your entire party with at least one day's park admission. The number of days for the Dining Plan will equal the number of nights you have reserved your room on the package. It has nothing to do with the number of days of park admission you have.

2. If you are a Disney Vacation Club member staying at a DVC resort on points, you may purchase the Dining Plan. You must purchase the Dining Plan for everyone in your party. No purchase of park admission is necessary. The number of dining plan days will equal the number of nights of your stay.

3. If you are cruising with the Disney Cruise Line and have Disney Cruise Line Land/Sea package.

NOTE: The following resorts do not participate in the dining plan: The Swan, Dolphin, Shades of Green and the Downtown Disney resorts on Hotel Plaza Boulevard, which are not Disney owned or operated.

Unfortunately, you can't. You must stay on site to get the DDP. If you're trying to save money without the plan, consider eating breakfasts in your room most days. Grocery store food is a ton cheaper than Disney food! Eat at places where you can split the entree. Skip appetizers and desserts unless it's something you can't live without. If you have people in your party who will eat a ton of food, consider buffets. They can be a pretty good deal for the cost.

Thanks so much...this question was for my sister because she and her family are staying offsite and I am trying to find some good options for them. I plan our own trips according to our crazy Disney love :love: but it is a whole new ballgame planning for a family who does not get to visit Disney World very often and who are working on a different plan than we do.

I just want it to be the most wonderful trip for them...with as few snafus as possible.

Thanks again!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter