Dining plan and additional payments

Peggy Rios

Earning My Ears
We purchased the dining plan but some of the reservations required a regular and deluxe entitlement. My assumption is that those reservations would require us to pay the extra costs of the “deluxe” piece out of pocket. I don’t mind doing that just trying to make sure I understand. Thanks.

What meals are you seeing that for? I've seen signature meals and dinner shows require 2 table service credits. The deluxe plan has different number of meal allotments (more table service credit equivalents). When we dine at a 2 credit meal (like Cinderella's castle) and are on the standard dining plan, we just pay out of pocket rather than use 2 table service credits (we always have more TS reservations than our allotment). If you share what meals you're referring to, we could probably better help answer your question.

We purchased the dining plan but some of the reservations required a regular and deluxe entitlement. My assumption is that those reservations would require us to pay the extra costs of the “deluxe” piece out of pocket. I don’t mind doing that just trying to make sure I understand. Thanks.
Which dining plan did you purchase? There are 3 different ones. Also which places are you talking about? Ones that require two table service credits? I never use the dining plan for those reservations. I just pay out of pocket. Unless you have the delux dining plan which is 3 table service meals per day, its not wise to use use two ts on a meal as you arent getting the most out of it.

I think we just have the regular dining plan....My adult daughter and boyfriend chose all the meals so for example we have reservations at Le Ceiller (sp) which takes 2 each per person. Top restaraunt choices every night it seems and we have the regular dining plan so pretty sure after night 3 we will exaust all dinner entitlements and start $$$$. So we should pay out of pocket for the expensive one and use the credits for the others?

Look at the menus and decide which ones cost more money and what everyone will want to eat. Pay out of pocket for the cheaper ones. You dont usually get appetizers included, but I am not sure if you do when you are using two TS credits. If you have that many booked, maybe look at the cost to upgrade to the delux plan. Restaurants where you want to order the most expensive items use the twi credits for. Think about it financially. For an adult its about $75 per day for the meal plan. Figure $20 towards the quick service, $10 for 2 snacks, and that leaves $45 for your table service meal. So your using $90 of your meal credits for one restaurant, per person. Look a the menu and figure out if the drink, entree and dessert would cost that much. If not, use it elsewhere. Or tell your daughter she needs to lay off on the expensive restaurants LOL and just pick one.

LOL! Fortunately we have some months to sort it out but I think I will have a look at those menus!

LOL! Fortunately we have some months to sort it out but I think I will have a look at those menus!
I just looked and no, even when you are using 2 ts credits at a signature restaurant you do not even get an appetizer. Just fyi. So you would have to pay out of pocket if you wanted them. Ain’t no dinner I ever had at disney worth $90. Just sayin.

OP at some restaurants there are items that are an upcharge. At the YSH ( a 2 TS restaurant) the Wagu steak is an extra $ amount in addition to the 2 TS credits. Plus side items are not included no matter which plan you are using .

Look at the menus and decide which ones cost more money and what everyone will want to eat. Pay out of pocket for the cheaper ones. You dont usually get appetizers included, but I am not sure if you do when you are using two TS credits. If you have that many booked, maybe look at the cost to upgrade to the delux plan. Restaurants where you want to order the most expensive items use the twi credits for. Think about it financially. For an adult its about $75 per day for the meal plan. Figure $20 towards the quick service, $10 for 2 snacks, and that leaves $45 for your table service meal. So your using $90 of your meal credits for one restaurant, per person. Look a the menu and figure out if the drink, entree and dessert would cost that much. If not, use it elsewhere. Or tell your daughter she needs to lay off on the expensive restaurants LOL and just pick one.

This type analysis is why we never buy the DDP. It's too much trouble to fuss over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter