Dining on a Budget! Help!

Share large enough meals between adults at counter service restaurants. Our two children at times prefer to share an adult meal if the food appeals to them more than the kids meal. No need to purchase water as the counter service locations have cups of water ready to go. The refillable bucket of popcorn is a good snack that lasts your entire trip. Refills are 1.00. We pack cereal, fruit, and oatmeal for quick breakfast in room. Breakfast character meals instead of lunch or dinner. If you have a Disney visa you can get 10 percent discount at some resort locations.Bring snacks into the park from home for your kids. At Epcot, my husband and I, like to eat around the world so we try a variety. The Disney refillable mugs are a great buy if you drink coffee, tea or soda, and you can take them in with you into the parks. Refill on the way back to your room. We have never used the dining plan as we eat plenty and save money by buying our food out right. No need to second guess what you are getting, we eat what we want, whenever we want.

I agree with all of the above, especially:

1) Bring water and if you get counter service, ask for ice waters (save your bottled water.)
2) Eat breakfast in room most days. I have packed a suitcase full of non-perishable stuff (instant oatmeal, granola, mini-cereal boxes) and then we usually get a few things delivered as well such as yogurt and fruit. Saves time and money!!
3) Book breakfasts instead of lunch/dinner. If you time it right, you may have both (look for the last seating at buffets like Tusker House before it changes over to lunch.. I think the latest reservation is 10:30 ish?)
4) Don't plan too many meals out. I LOVE eating in restaurants at home, but on vacation it can get old quick. Plus time is money! If you spend a lot of time in restaurants, you are missing out on attractions and shows. We usually do one sit-down meal a day and try to really fill up on that, but then for our other meals we really just snack. My kids are happy with a soft pretzel or ice cream and DH and I might share a hot dog or something. I eat 3 square meals a day at home, but at Disney I just don't want to spend that much time eating.
5) If you are drinkers, make sure to bring your alcohol or get it delivered. I believe you are able to bring it to common areas like the pool (with some reasonable restrictions like no glass, not close to the edge of the pool, etc.) You cannot bring it into the parks, but its good to have in your room for the pool or unwinding at the end of the day on your patio!

Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs is a bargain. For less than $10, we get a build-your-own pizza loaded with toppings that is big enough to share. Download the app for freebies and sales and get a free pizza after 10 purchases. We look forward to eating here every visit.

Also check out Earl of Sandwich. The also have birthday offers and emailed coupons.

Landrys is a good deal if someone is having a birthday during your visit. The give out a $25 certificate during a birthday month if you sign up for their club.

We save money and calories by bringing our own water bottles and refilling them at drinking fountains.

Breakfast bars save us from fast food overload at the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter