Dining Dilemma

Agreed!! We do deluxe, but for all the same reasons.

Same here, we're hopefully going to upgrade to deluxe dining this time and I'm doing the planning with that in mind(will cut it down if we end up on the regular DDP) and it's great to just be able to pick the restaurants we want with no regard for price. Same with choosing our food. If I knew at the end of the meal I was going to have to fork over the money for the meal I wanted, I would probably end up getting something cheaper. With the dining plan, it's already paid for so I don't have to worry about the cost in that moment.

Unfortunately, we can't go in Sept...the kids start school August 26, we are going right before they go back.

How many absences do your kids get without too big of a repercussion? Our kids, 11 and 13 start school in August. We pull them out a month after we start to go. THey get 5 days of absences but since it is only a month after school starts, it is very unimpactful as most of what they are doing is still much review. By this time, there are rarely huge projects and not a ton of new material. I let the teachers know as soon as we start and try to get as much work as I can to do on the trip down. Last year we traveled with a family who had their girls do the work in the mornings before they left. The impact on grades was almost non-exisitant. Don't know if it can work for you but I'm telling you, getting dining for free is huge!

Also, even shifting your trip by about a month will mean cooler temps (and by cooler I mean 80's not 90's) and less crowds.

But if you are wanting that, book ASAP as I am sure it will book up. We checked on the values and to upgrade to the DDP versus the counterservice only that they are offering with value was actually more expensive than booking moderates. Therefore, for the first time ever, we are staying at a moderate. I am so excited. Is this your first time going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!