Different limits for characters/pictures

MarieLightning

DIS Veteran
It would appear that the amount of characters and/or pictures that may be included in a post have changed. I don't recall what the old amount of characters was, but now it doesn't allow more than 10,000.

For pictures, it used to be 25, now it says no more than 20.

For posting new posts, though 20 pictures seems a rather small amount especially for Trip Reports, it's not so much of a problem.

However, it does now make it impossible to edit any existing post that had more than what is currently allowed, which is a little less convenient.

Is there any way it could potentially be adjusted back to what it may have been before?

eeeew not liking that. I was hoping it would allow more pictures not less

I see this as a huge issue if we need to edit an existing Trip Report for any reason. I assume you'll need to delete 5 pictures before it will let you save any other changes. That will be really rough!

Sayhello

I've already had to split the FP FAQ thread's OP in half--it was just over 20,000 characters. Adding colors also costs characters apparently, I'm assuming because of the tags involved. Gonna be tough to squeeze all that info in two posts with all the color coding I used. Oh well.

The limits definitely need to be at least as big as the old forums to allow older posts, such as FAQs, to be maintained and updated.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter