Did you stay on the ship in port???

zurgswife

WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is bett
Some of the excursions sound expensive especially for my family - times everything by 6.

Has anyone just stayed on the ship? What do you do???

Thanks for any thoughts

Hubby and I almost always stay on the ship in Nassau. There is plenty to do...movies, activities such as the "draw Mickey" class, uncrowded pool time, etc. To get an idea of the activities, check out the Navigators on my site at www.castawayclub.com and Dave's site at www.dcltribute.com
They will have all the on-board activities listed on the port days. You can have plenty of fun, even if you never leave the ship. If you really want to look around, you can always disembark and do some walking and independent exploring.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

On our last cruise we stayed aboard while the ship was in port at St. Thomas. It was our 3rd time there so we did not feel like we were missing anything by not going ashore. I was surprised that a lot of folks stayed aboard. I think more and more are finding the excursions a bit costly, we do things on our own. I do hours of research before we go to find our own ways around the islands. It saves us alot of money also time. We don't have to wait for others in the tour groups. We have gotten to see more of the islands doing it our way. Last year we went to Anguilla while the Magic was in port at St. Maarten, a tour not offered but should be. Beautiful beaches.

Don't be affraid to get off and do it on your own. Just do your homework before going.

We stayed on board in Nassau. We had breakfast then DH & I did the surial mud bath in the spa. After that we just hung out at the pool for the day, had lunch, more pool time(kids LOVED the pool), and before we knew it, it was time to go back to the room to shower and change for the show.

Next cruise we plan to stay on board too. Although, I think we may have to make a quick visit to Nassau to find a pay phone to call the kids at home.

I stayed on the ship in St. Thomas because my husband went golfing and I was uncomfortable wandering on my own. I had a massage and a facial (so probably not any less expensive than an excursion), watched a movie, had a leisurely lunch and sunned myself with a book. It was a fabulous day.

My hubby and I like to get off at each port and look around on our own. I would hate to travel to a country I had never been in and not at least step foot on the soil there. We enjoy sight seeing and just people watching.

We are going to Nassau for the second time this May and are getting off to go to Atlantis (we skipped it the first time we went and were kicking outselves afterwards when we saw a special on it on the travel channel).

If we were going to a port we had already been to then I wouldn't hesitate to stay on the ship. The last time we were in Nassau we only went ashore for about 1 1/2 hours. The rest of the time we enjoyed a relaxing lunch on the ship, sunned for a while and then went into the cool of the movie theatre. The great thing about Disney is there is always something to do.

I do agree that if it is the first time I'm in a port I want to do at least a little sightseeing be it on or own or with an excursion. I'm not real adverturous but if there is shopping nearby or something like the paradise point tram in St. Thomas I wouldn't hesitate to do those on my own.

We don't take the shore tours offered by the cruise. We do a little on our own. We take our time in the morning and have a nice, quite breakfast then head off the ship to explore. We go back to the ship for lunch then relax by the pool or just sit in the sun (or shade) reading for the afternoon. Before you know it, it's time to change for dinner. I find it so much more relaxing and less expensive doing it this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter