Did the Magic just finish a drydock?

suzadrew

Just happy to be here
Was the Magic just in drydock Oct 2 - 15? Does anyone know of any changes or what was "spruced up"?

Yes, the Magic is on it's first cruise post drydock. From the reports we are getting the drydock was used to change the drink station on deck 9 so it looks like the one on the Wonder. Also, mechanical repairs were done to the damage the ship sustained last Feb. at CC. There have also been reports of some new tile and carpet. Otherwise, there were no major changes.

They were replacing all the marble on deck 3 and also all the laundry equipement - both ship and guest laundry was being replaced - hopefully there will not be as many "Out of Order" signs now. We were on the WBTA and watched the morning we got off as they were off loading things - including the guest laundry machines.

We were also told they were doing work on the internet system - hope to hear reports that it is faster - we can only hope.

I have never been on the wonder - what is different about the drink station?

Krisann

They were replacing all the marble on deck 3 and also all the laundry equipement - both ship and guest laundry was being replaced - hopefully there will not be as many "Out of Order" signs now. We were on the WBTA and watched the morning we got off as they were off loading things - including the guest laundry machines.

We were also told they were doing work on the internet system - hope to hear reports that it is faster - we can only hope.

I have never been on the wonder - what is different about the drink station?

Krisann

The drink station on the Wonder has all the machines against the wall so free up the space...much easier for traffic flow.

MJ

I am currently on the Magic the internet is reliable but still slow. Sorry. Beside a lot of cleaning and carpet changes not big changes besides the drink station were made. The only thing I have noticed not mentioned was peep holes were added to the gueast stateroom doors.

I am currently on the Magic the internet is reliable but still slow. Sorry. Beside a lot of cleaning and carpet changes not big changes besides the drink station were made. The only thing I have noticed not mentioned was peep holes were added to the gueast stateroom doors.

It's about time the doors have peepholes. :thumbsup2

Someone posted they saw new hot tubs on the quay when they got off the WBTA -- did the Magic get new hot tubs?

We were on a Carnival cruise October 4-9 and got to see the Magic in Freeport. That was one of the high lights of the cruise!

I am currently on the Magic the internet is reliable but still slow. Sorry.

Nothing to be sorry for in my book. The one thing that will never be on any cruise ship is internet service as fast as you have at home. It's not like they're dragging a big network cable behind them. :rotfl: Most ports have web cafes and such if you want faster service.

The onboard internet is based on a connection to a satellite in orbit and as such it will always be slower on response. Your computer asks for a webpage from the ship's server. It has to send your request for a web page all the way up to orbit, back down to a server on land that is connected up, get the webpage off the net, send it up to the satellite, back down to the ship then to your computer. It's got to go a loooooong way. You could cruise around the world a whole bunch of times for the distance that little piece of data travels. :laughing:

Wasn't there a rumor about a roof over the Cove area or something? Guess that didn't happen--although it would make sense for Med cruises.

Wasn't there a rumor about a roof over the Cove area or something? Guess that didn't happen--although it would make sense for Med cruises.

The Wonder is supposed to get a glass enclosure prior to sailing to Alaska.

There were no changes to the Cove Cafe area on the Magic except recarpeting and painting.

We'll be boarding the Magic on Saturday! Cant wait to see things first hand!

Nothing to be sorry for in my book. The one thing that will never be on any cruise ship is internet service as fast as you have at home. It's not like they're dragging a big network cable behind them. :rotfl: Most ports have web cafes and such if you want faster service.

The onboard internet is based on a connection to a satellite in orbit and as such it will always be slower on response. Your computer asks for a webpage from the ship's server. It has to send your request for a web page all the way up to orbit, back down to a server on land that is connected up, get the webpage off the net, send it up to the satellite, back down to the ship then to your computer. It's got to go a loooooong way. You could cruise around the world a whole bunch of times for the distance that little piece of data travels. :laughing:
Interesting article...
http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/columns/article.php/2184291

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter