Did I miss something, trash and towel?

maryp

DIS Veteran<b><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-
My son is now at BRV. He called to ask when they would be coming with new towels, and was told this is a service available only by request? No trash has been taken, he arrived Sunday. Just curious if things have changed?

We were just at SSR last week and were told that trash would be emptied each day when they did the "safety check", but trash was only emptied once on Day 4. Not sure if they even came in each day to do the "safety check".

If your son checked in on Sunday, today is Day 4. If he is staying 7 nights or less, housekeeping should have done the Trash and Towel service today. If he is staying 8 nights or longer, housekeeping should have done a full service today and should do T&T on day 8. If he did not get any service at all today, he should contact housekeeping.

Great, thank you. As of 4:00 nothing had been done, no trash taken since his arrival. I will have him call housekeeping.

Policy aside, does he know that DVC resorts have trash rooms, in case he wants to take the garbage out of his room because castmembers are not picking it up?

Like always, T&T on day 4, full clean day 8. So they should have towels today. Now they will come everyday to empty trash, but really to look for guns etc.
Other way around. If seven nights or less, day four is T&T. If eight nights or more, day four is full clean, day eight T&T.

And day 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 are just T.

we were at BRV last week and they came to empty trash every single day. they knock on the door and say " engineering" over a over till they open the door if no one answers. it def was a different person from the regular housekeeping.

I'm not surprised. Call DVC and ask when the policy changed-hopefully that will get someone's attention. When I was at Kidani, on T&T day, they did that and ONLY that-no new toiletries, coffee supplies, toilet paper, nothing. When I called housekeeping, they told me "Well, that's what T&T means-just trash and towel, nothing else." So I called DVC MS and asked them, very nicely, when the policy had changed, that I hadn't known. They read me the policy, which did include what I wondered about-new coffee supplies, shampoo, toilet paper, etc. They said they'd call housekeeping and about 15 minutes later an apologetic housekeeper showed up with supplies.

I'm not surprised. Call DVC and ask when the policy changed-hopefully that will get someone's attention. When I was at Kidani, on T&T day, they did that and ONLY that-no new toiletries, coffee supplies, toilet paper, nothing. When I called housekeeping, they told me "Well, that's what T&T means-just trash and towel, nothing else." So I called DVC MS and asked them, very nicely, when the policy had changed, that I hadn't known. They read me the policy, which did include what I wondered about-new coffee supplies, shampoo, toilet paper, etc. They said they'd call housekeeping and about 15 minutes later an apologetic housekeeper showed up with supplies.

That happened to us at BLT 4 months ago. New towels and nothing else. I called and housekeeping seems shocked ....someone came with a bunch of soap, tissues, coffee. BUT BUT, we had two service days and never did we get paper plates, forks,etc. Not even with the phone call time with the boatload of soap.

I don't understand what is so hard....each studio gets, plates, bowls, spoon, coffee, etc. Why is it gets soap, not plates? Gets plates, no coffee? Why not the whole list?

Like any business, some housekeepers/employees due a good job, some don't. WDW seems to have a hard time keeping the better ones.
At Aulani, the rooms are better kept, look new, very clean, and the housekeepers go out of their way to do a first class job. On T&T day, all items were replaced and extras left without asking. A housekeeper overheard the girls talking in the hall about using an extra blanket, 10 minutes later a housekeeper showed up at the door with two blankets even though we didn't ask for them and blankets are available in the room.

I do have to add that Aulani housekeepers are paid more than WDW housekeepers and they are non-union.

:earsboy: Bill

we were at BRV last week and they came to empty trash every single day. they knock on the door and say " engineering" over a over till they open the door if no one answers. it def was a different person from the regular housekeeping.

whereas at GFV in February it was just housekeeping for the garbage. And the first day they made my bed.

I was at VB last weekend for four days/three nights. Only once did mousekeeping come and get the trash. I set-up a room guard on the door and it was never tripped except for the one day and we were there when they came in.

I do have to add that Aulani housekeepers are paid more than WDW housekeepers and they are non-union.

Remember, cost of living in Hawaii is MUCH higher than Florida, so it would make sense they're paid more. But the fact that they're non-union, that's interesting.

Currently at Kidani for 6 nights and we got a full clean (bed linens changed, etc.) on day 4. So who knows anymore?

That happened to us at BLT 4 months ago. New towels and nothing else. I called and housekeeping seems shocked ....someone came with a bunch of soap, tissues, coffee. BUT BUT, we had two service days and never did we get paper plates, forks,etc. Not even with the phone call time with the boatload of soap.

I don't understand what is so hard....each studio gets, plates, bowls, spoon, coffee, etc. Why is it gets soap, not plates? Gets plates, no coffee? Why not the whole list?
When we stayed at BLT our cleaning schedule was so messed up. I don't think the housekeepers understand the difference between DVC and non-DVC.

Our last two trips had us calling guest services for trash and towel because they didn't come when they should have. I don't know what the problem is, but, they seem to have some trouble with the scheduling of these services!

Our last two trips had us calling guest services for trash and towel because they didn't come when they should have. I don't know what the problem is, but, they seem to have some trouble with the scheduling of these services!
We just had four nights at GFV and the housekeeper was ready to change our bed linens and do a full clean on day 4 until I told her it should only be new towels.

Like any business, some housekeepers/employees due a good job, some don't. WDW seems to have a hard time keeping the better ones.
At Aulani, the rooms are better kept, look new, very clean, and the housekeepers go out of their way to do a first class job. On T&T day, all items were replaced and extras left without asking. A housekeeper overheard the girls talking in the hall about using an extra blanket, 10 minutes later a housekeeper showed up at the door with two blankets even though we didn't ask for them and blankets are available in the room.

Can’t bold on my phone but....
It seems the only reason Wdw cannot hold on to their good housekeeping is they are not paying enough!
I don’t know what they make, but clearly they need more money and an incentive system. Most importantly probably more competent management..... and less of it;-)
Kerri

facebook twitter