Did anyone get stuck with universal tix ?

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Hey guys
Still planning on Fla for Christmas and have enough am now for all of us to do a couple days of universal but I’m scared to pull the trigger . It says no refunds ( I assume of airmiles ) but has anyone got extensions on them , or do they hold their value while you may have to pay more later some day to use )
I know prob a call but just wondering if anyone had already done this
Thanks

Personally, I would wait until much closer to December to purchase the Universal tickets, either through Airmiles or using cash. Universal tickets will be available on Airmiles still when the borders are fully open. It's a popular item. There is too much potential downside to purchasing anything early these days.

We came close sort of. We bought a bunch of Disney cards in anticipation of our anniversary cruise last summer. Can't even use them. Most of what mys pinkgurlshubby wanted cannot be shipped to Canada so they are just collecting dust

I'd wait too. They don't take long to get them once they are ordered and hopefully by fall we know where we are at with travel, quarantines, etc and can make some more concrete plans.
Also, this is just another reason why I think I should just switch to all airmiles cash. Lot more flexible, although I still love the PC points the best!

Unused Universal tickets do not expire, so if you were sure that you will be using them at some point the value will be applied when you are eventually able to go.

Personally I am expecting price increases for tickets ( which would apply to the amount of airmiles needed as well ) to offset the losses the parks saw this past year. Just browsing online , everything from hotels to rental cars seems way higher. Nobody ever knows for sure when the increases are coming though. It’s just something to keep in mind.

I’m hoping to be able to go in December as well. I wouldn’t book anything that I couldn’t use later or have refunded , but I would probably get the tickets knowing I could keep them for later if needed.

Unused Universal tickets do not expire, so if you were sure that you will be using them at some point the value will be applied when you are eventually able to go.

Personally I am expecting price increases for tickets ( which would apply to the amount of airmiles needed as well ) to offset the losses the parks saw this past year. Just browsing online , everything from hotels to rental cars seems way higher. Nobody ever knows for sure when the increases are coming though. It’s just something to keep in mind.

I’m hoping to be able to go in December as well. I wouldn’t book anything that I couldn’t use later or have refunded , but I would probably get the tickets knowing I could keep them for later if needed.
Unless something changed since June 2019 Universal tickets did expire at the end of the year. we were toying with the idea of using some airmiles to get tickets and adding a few days at Universal and that changed our minds. The ones we had before were as you said non-expiring, but now they come dated similar to the Disney ones with one BIG exception. The Disney ones never lose their value but the Universal ones are completely useless once the date passes. You need to be careful and read the fine print on those tickets. Check the Universal website there's info on it as well.

Unless something changed since June 2019 Universal tickets did expire at the end of the year. we were toying with the idea of using some airmiles to get tickets and adding a few days at Universal and that changed our minds. The ones we had before were as you said non-expiring, but now they come dated similar to the Disney ones with one BIG exception. The Disney ones never lose their value but the Universal ones are completely useless once the date passes. You need to be careful and read the fine print on those tickets. Check the Universal website there's info on it as well.
Yikes ..good to know. The last I checked they were the same as the Disney tickets and though they could expire, you could apply them against the new ticket value. But its definitely worth confirming as it seems that has changed since we last did this from what you are saying .

I bought 4 Universal Hollywood tickets through Airmiles for our trip to California that didn't happen last year. On the ticket, it says they expire March 2021 but when I called AirMiles, they said they've extended the expiry date to March 2022 but we've changed our minds and hoping to go to Florida in 2022. I don't think I can get my AirMiles back or change our Universal Tickets to Orlando?

I bought 4 Universal Hollywood tickets through Airmiles for our trip to California that didn't happen last year. On the ticket, it says they expire March 2021 but when I called AirMiles, they said they've extended the expiry date to March 2022 but we've changed our minds and hoping to go to Florida in 2022. I don't think I can get my AirMiles back or change our Universal Tickets to Orlando?

The tickets aren't interchangeable with the two resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter