DHS rope drop this AM another end of an era.

We're getting rid of our H&V ressies, Carrie. Total bummer because my kid loves Handy Manny and Doc and can't see them elsewhere, but gotta prioritize. Great system, Disney.

I haven't kept up on the character M&G's at HS since my kids aren't that into them anymore, but do Handy Manny and Doc do regular M&G's outside of H&V? I know Handy Manny used to......going back about 3 years now lol. I know having your son meet them that way would mess up the rest of your plans for the day too, especially at this stage of the game, but could be a possibility??

On another note Buzz, I didn't notice your ticker on this post but If I remember correctly, we are both going down on the same day:goodvibes Just want to wish you and yours a wonderful trip! I remember the first trip for my older DS and the first trip my younger DS really "got it", and enjoyed rides/characters. They still love going down but nothing beats your child's first time:thumbsup2

Normally we split like that & do RnRc/TSMM like twice before using a FP (or FP+ in Feb. and in.....21 days-hopefully). USED to then grab a FP for all of us to do TSMM but of course those days are gone:sad2: Just hoping we can still get 2 rides in before we use our 10:10 FP's and then get another FP for RnRc later on after we use our 3!

I have heard with things as they are now it can be really difficult to 'resync' after splitting up.. one group or the other really ends up ...in limbo.
but :) we'll find out... Magic happens unexpectedly...

Thanks for the good info.

So, what is the optimal time to arrive at HS for RD if TSMM is initial destination?

And is there any chance of getting a FP+ for TSMM from a kiosk first thing?

TIA.

I am planning on showing up at 9am and walking past H&V to go get a card for the 12:30pm sing a long then Head to our 9:30am H&V reservation.

Can I still do that?

What I am understanding is the the RD show is where they let people in at 8:40ish like before but force you to stay at the welcome show.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks for the good info.

So, what is the optimal time to arrive at HS for RD if TSMM is initial destination?

And is there any chance of getting a FP+ for TSMM from a kiosk first thing?

TIA.

If you want to be on and off the ride within the first half hour you have to be the front of the pack.

We were there during crowd 8-9 days. I walked by the kiosk on my way to TSMM. The kiosks have signs up saying either Available or Limited Availablity but with the notable exception of TSMM. It wasn't listed at all, which means at opening all the FP+ were gone before opening.

I am planning on showing up at 9am and walking past H&V to go get a card for the 12:30pm sing a long then Head to our 9:30am H&V reservation.

Can I still do that?

What I am understanding is the the RD show is where they let people in at 8:40ish like before but force you to stay at the welcome show.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes. The 12:30 sells out pretty quickly I believe.

We did RD twice. Once I was there just after 8 AM and walked straight to TSMM after the show and got off at around 9:30.

Both times we had a 9:15-10:15 FP+ and after several days of brutal RD's there was no way I was getting my DD's up to bake in the hot sun for an hour just so we can on and off TSMM so we got there about 8:50. And waited about an hour to ride because we were the back of the pack.

When I walked up to the ride at opening it had a list SB line of 60 minutes. I asked the CM after I got off "Really, 60 minutes at opening?" And she said "Yes, the whole park heads here when it opens". I really wanted to say "Maybe DHS need another attraction then?" or somethng along those lines, because no other 2nd tier ride needed a FP+. After we used our FP+ for TSMM all other FP+ had no value as the SB line was the same if not longer. Yes, Star Tour's the FP+ line was longer than the SB+ line.

we have a reservation for 9am at tusker house. I'm trying for an 8am breakfast. would it be useless to even get up that early for RD for our day at Hollywood studios??

We did RD twice. Once I was there just after 8 AM and walked straight to TSMM after the show and got off at around 9:30.

Both times we had a 9:15-10:15 FP+ and after several days of brutal RD's there was no way I was getting my DD's up to bake in the hot sun for an hour just so we can on and off TSMM so we got there about 8:50. And waited about an hour to ride because we were the back of the pack.

Wow, 9:30!? What is going on? I was there May 31 (Crowd level 9 according to EasyWDW) and a Star Wars day. I was there about 30 minutes before it opened, which was really early for Star Wars. We were about 3 or 4 "rows" behind the CMs leading us to TSMM with the ropes. We go on pretty much immediately. Of course the Frozen show is done completely differently than the Star Wars opening I think.

I'm getting nervous about my next trip. I was able to do everything I wanted in May with a crowd level 9, so I assumed this December at 4-6s everything would be like a walk on. Sounds like I could get my plans derailed right from the start now.

*edit* : I just checked my tweets. I was off TSMM at 7:58. At 8:17 I posted a picture of my R'n'R ride photo and was in line for ToT. At 9:21 I was walking into Epcot having completed TSMM, R'n'R, ToT, and Star Tours.

Hate to say it but Disney isn't gonna change their operating procedure, or add another tier 1 attraction at DHS, so maybe we all need to resign ourselves to the fact that TSMM is a once per vacation attraction at this point. Sad but reality.

Another reason why RD just isn't worth it to us. Not my idea of a vacation. I'd rather stand in line later in the day than deal with all that nonsense..

Wow, 9:30!? What is going on? I was there May 31 (Crowd level 9 according to EasyWDW) and a Star Wars day. I was there about 30 minutes before it opened, which was really early for Star Wars. We were about 3 or 4 "rows" behind the CMs leading us to TSMM with the ropes. We go on pretty much immediately. Of course the Frozen show is done completely differently than the Star Wars opening I think.

I'm getting nervous about my next trip. I was able to do everything I wanted in May with a crowd level 9, so I assumed this December at 4-6s everything would be like a walk on. Sounds like I could get my plans derailed right from the start now.

*edit* : I just checked my tweets. I was off TSMM at 7:58. At 8:17 I posted a picture of my R'n'R ride photo and was in line for ToT. At 9:21 I was walking into Epcot having completed TSMM, R'n'R, ToT, and Star Tours.

I can tell you right at ride opening the FP+ was a continuous line, a steady stream. The difference I believe is the % of ride capacity given over to FP+ vs SB not to mention more and more people are using FP+. The SB line stops and stands there at the merge point for quite a while and one party at a time from the SB line is allowed on and they have to stop the FP+ line to squeeze them in. It was the same with Buzz and BTMRR. Long SB wait but short line.

I wonder if this will get better once the crowds die down. We have an early FP+ for TSMM because I assumed we could get on SB and ride right away and then make it in time for our FP+. If worst comes to worst we'll just ride the one time and move on from there, but for SB to already be so long at RD is crazy.

We're getting rid of our H&V ressies, Carrie. Total bummer because my kid loves Handy Manny and Doc and can't see them elsewhere, but gotta prioritize. Great system, Disney.

In February, we saw Handy Manny, Sophia &Doc outside Playhouse Disney one day. We didn't wait, as DS didn't want to, but they were there for part of the day. Hope this is still the way, as he will probably want to see them next trip.

We were at DHS for rope drop on Friday 8 August. Arrived at the tapstyles at 8:10 and we were about 6 people back.

When the gates opened, We walked very quickly up the street and we had a place on the right side rope for the show in front of the hat. We stayed with the herd for the walk to TSMM and walked straight through the queue to board the ride. The hardest part of the walk was the sharp right turn ( essentially a U turn) to actually get into the queue.

Then we headed to RRC. The end of the line was in front of ToT. Posted wait was 60 minutes. We made it through in about 50 minutes. There was a noticeable slow down when the number of returning fast pass holders increased.

We were able to accomplish two big rides stand by by 10:20. Not as quickly as I had hoped. We missed seeing a few attractions since we had to wait so long for RRC.

Not sure where to place blame, the hold for the opening show, FP + or perhaps a combination of both.

Ok, please let me know what I need to do about our H&V res. We have one at 8:05 but are willing to "let it go" and pay the no show fee if that will help us be at the front of whatever line we need to be in! We aren't going til November, but I, too, feel they will continue this Frozen stuff past summer.

Please help me! TSMM is DH's favorite attraction and we want to ride it at least twice.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Everyone!!

At the risk of stating the obvious, you know you can cancel the ressie today (or anytime up to and including the day before) and not be charged the no show fee? So wait until just before your trip, see how things are going, then decide.

How does ROpe Drop work on mornings with EXtraMagicHours? Is the whole TSMM fenced out until the opening show ends after EMHs? :confused

Hate to say it but Disney isn't gonna change their operating procedure, or add another tier 1 attraction at DHS, so maybe we all need to resign ourselves to the fact that TSMM is a once per vacation attraction at this point. Sad but reality.

it is so crazy. Last May 2013, we went to an 8:15am H&V Breakfast. Left there in an hour and walked to TSMM. We grabbed a fast pass, went on via SB and then grabbed another FP after the ride. 3x's by early afternoon. We could have done that probably one more time too.

Much of FP+ is about scaling back expectations. And that stinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter