DHS Expansion - "The Little Mermaid" and "Beauty and the Beast"

TheLouCrew

Earning My Ears
For the DHS Expansion, has there been any rumors about discontinuing "The Little Mermaid" and "Beauty and the Beast" live performances? I know those shows have a lot of tenure, especially with the movies being so popular and being a part of the Disney Renaissance. But, those shows (by themselves) have been around for 20 years. Couldn't they be replaced with other live (and interactive) shows, similar to Muppet*Vision or Sounds Danergous?

Sounds dangerous is never Open! It is the empty space that needs to have something done to it.

Until Disney does another Musical of some sort I don't see Little Mermaid or Beauty & the Beast going anywhere. The only thing I see possibly happening is maybe bringing the Broadway 'Mary Poppins' in for a limited run at the B&B theater.

I think disney is not looking to touch any of those shows at the moment. DHS needs rides and an expansion they are definitely not looking to do away with those shows at this point in time.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

They need a great coaster based on a great Disney Action movie. It all getting to the point of been there done that.

I actually felt that both Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast were pretty disappointing @ DHS. The quality of Festival of the Lion King, and particularly Finding Nemo : The Musical have spoiled me for these attractions.

I feel like the story edits that both went through to be sloppy. I understand the requirement for shortening the stories so that they can do more shows per day, but neither story really makes a lot of sense in the edited form.

I'd love to see either show refreshed or even cycled in and out.

Saw both of these for the first time and LOVED THEM, hope they dont get canned

DHS needs Cars Land and Star Wars Land to make it a must do for me

id like them to keep pretty much everything else they have there as is, other than the ares needed for Star Wars Land and Cars Land ( backlot tour and light motors stunt show and the are around Indy Jones )

There were some rumors for a while of B&TB being replaced by a Tangled stage-show. While this is not impossible, I would not say that the rumors were particularly strong, so right now there is no certainty. (This mostly came out during broad - park-wide change rumors going around back about 5 months ago.)

The VotLM show has not gone through the rumor mill, but in my view needs an update much worse than B&tB.

I actually felt that both Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast were pretty disappointing @ DHS. The quality of Festival of the Lion King, and particularly Finding Nemo : The Musical have spoiled me for these attractions.

I feel like the story edits that both went through to be sloppy. I understand the requirement for shortening the stories so that they can do more shows per day, but neither story really makes a lot of sense in the edited form.

I'd love to see either show refreshed or even cycled in and out.

Very interesting!!

We've never seen B&TB movie and my kids have never seen LM movie (I did 20+ years ago). They think those performances ARE the full story :p and they enjoy them.

I'd love to see a Tangled show. We all live that movie!

Very interesting!!

We've never seen B&TB movie and my kids have never seen LM movie (I did 20+ years ago). They think those performances ARE the full story :p and they enjoy them.

I'd love to see a Tangled show. We all live that movie!

Renting these films must happen soon.
They are soooooo good.

I honestly don't remember the ins and outs of what was missing (I remember Maurice isn't part of B&TB) but the edits did not allow rationale for characters to do what they do or go where they go.

I'd have to see the shows again to really point out the shortcomings, and that's unlikely to happen.

Suffice it to say, I think they could adapt both more effectively by taking notes from the superior DAK shows.

I would prefer them to keep B&TB, I think it is such a great show, for a park attraction musical. Not too long, but still the story is pretty much told and all the high points/classic songs are hit upon. They could do a better job keeping the audience cool though, maybe more fans or creating some more airflow somehow. It gets really hot in there in the summer.

Little Mermaid was just okay to me, though that is a very good movie. I think replacing that with Tangled would be just fine. Maybe at some point they can re-work the show and find space in The Seas at Epcot. Just trying to think real quick, is there a live stage/musical type show at Epcot at this point?

These shows, and FotLK and Nemo at Animal Kingdom are a real treat, and add a great deal of entertainment to those parks (along with Muppets 3D/Bugs Life). If you're not attending these shows, you are missing out on a great deal of the park experience, I think, and it's a major reason why people think these are half days parks at most.

Not everything has to be a thrill ride to be enjoyable/entertaining.

I find the shows have long worn out thier welcome. They need some new material there

I wouldn't be opposed to some fresh material, so long as it was in keeping the live performance tradition of LM and BaTB. Tangled sounds perfect!

I'd like to see them add some "real" studio attractions like when it was MGM Studios. Re-open The Monster Sound Show where you can see how sound is developed for movies and then the selected audience members get to try their hand at re-creating the sounds for a short clip. The original was a short clip starring Martin Short and Chevy Chase. I was lucky to be selected once and had to press buttons that were of different sounds like a doorbell, chanderlier crashing, coocoo clock. Others where making the wind and thunder sounds or walking on the different surfaces. It was a good "Studio" attraction. The same with the original backstage tour. I enjoyed seeing the back lot where the houses from the different shows where film. Now you wouldn't even know that it was a studio but just another amusement park.

They could always bring back The Hunchback of Notre Dame and I'd be happy. :rolleyes:

Sigh... I miss that show so much... with my favorite Disney Character of all time... so lovely, so funny, so witty: Disneyworld needs more Djali.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter