DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Hyperion wharf did...early groundwork only.

The world showcase phase II may have...but that was long before the google.

And as you have stated 18 different times...only roadwork and swamp permits have been filed.

The first two parts are going to happen...that was never my contention...but I honestly also don't think they wouldn't have move the entrance point to the lots even if they weren't expanding the parks...

It never made any sense after magical express and the reduction of car traffic over the years.
Thanks I obviously wasn't around for many of the announced projects that never happened.

I trust only the shovels, baby...

Call be a heel...but nobody will ever accuse me of "you said they were building something and that was 15 years ago...where is it!?!!"

Like Russia pavilion in Epcot or Hyperion wharf

Nothing wrong with that.

Some of this "appears" pretty sure though, IMO enough to get excited about anyway.

Also there are quite a few shovels working around the "world" already (and have been for a while)-pretty happy about those-and many of those were predicted as well.

Nothing wrong with that.

Some of this "appears" pretty sure though, IMO enough to get excited about anyway.

Also there are quite a few shovels working around the "world" already (and have been for a while)-pretty happy about those-and many of those were predicted as well.

True...but in the case of avatar they "predicted it" themselves by announcing it out of left field four score and seven years before they built it.

And downtown was an entirely different scenario...obviously.

I agree that now that we're getting close things look rosy and peachy...they just can't sit for long periods like they did prior.

Nothing wrong with that.

yes confidence should be very high for TSL and Star Wars after that is another story

yes confidence should be very high for TSL and Star Wars after that is another story

That's 100% where I'm at...

There's this "thing"
Going on around here where the management is being looked at as giddy school kids in art class...

After they spend a billion building 2 add ons to a park that barely has a dime thrown toward it...they'll be so happy that they'll say "let's keep going...run over to wdi and get them started right now!!!"

Isn't it just as likely (I'm being kind...it's far more likely) That they look at the mortgage and say "ehhh...that enough...on to redoing the fairy tale meet and greet in Magic Kingdom"?

Seriously?

Since neither was even on the radar that long ago-I will be glad with PH1 and PH2-and they will likely be the better phases anyway.

Ph 3 and PH are just a cherry on top IMO.

True...but in the case of avatar they "predicted it" themselves by announcing it out of left field four score and seven years before they built it.

And downtown was an entirely different scenario...obviously.

I agree that now that we're getting close things look rosy and peachy...they just can't sit for long periods like they did prior.

Yep, but Avatar is looking pretty good, as is Rivers of Light. Disney Springs is already back on our list, had a great time there already.

Yep, but Avatar is looking pretty good, as is Rivers of Light. Disney Springs is already back on our list, had a great time there already.

Oh I hear ya...the avatar thing is looking like they are doing a great job...which is the best they can do with really meh IP...

But my point was that "board insiders" didn't call their shots...they just wasted all day grasping at Jim hill nothingness as usual.

These are the areas that are in play, they're going to start with the Yellow Toy Story Area and the Gray Area that is currently trees and swamp... beyond that is anyone's guess, but they could add quite a lot if they wanted to
Hollywood-park-Dec2015.jpg

According to the permit the Grey area all the way down to that pond that is along the red area is going to be parking.

First reference I have seen to an extension of the monorail line from Epcot. Would do wonderful things for the park in increasing attendance.

There were plans to connect Epcot and MGM with a monorail when MGM was first built, but I haven't heard any indication that they are planning to do this as part of this expansion. Sounds like armchair Imagineering to me.

Oh I hear ya...the avatar thing is looking like they are doing a great job...which is the best they can do with really meh IP...

But my point was that "board insiders" didn't call their shots...they just wasted all day grasping at Jim hill nothingness as usual.

Gotcha. Not sure on that history-but shovels have been busy already, I predict they will continue.

Not sure about this Jim Hill, but I think he said DHS would get a Star Wars village and at least one big E-ticket back in 2014.

Gotcha. Not sure on that history-but shovels have been busy already, I predict they will continue.

Not sure about this Jim Hill, but I think he said DHS would get a Star Wars village and at least one big E-ticket back in 2014.
Jim Hill is notorious for reporting every rumor he hears. Star Wars was sent back to the drawing board at least once tho.

They bought Star Wars and launched movie production in 2012 and MGM is the place it fit with mothballed production buildings and lower attendance...

Making that prediction isn't exactly finding the Rosetta Stone...

Jim Hill is notorious for reporting every rumor he hears. Star Wars was sent back to the drawing board at least once tho.

I think you reported his reporting if I remember correct. Looks like you were both correct.

For me it seems that once Star Wars land is built, they wont have nay room to expand on that area afterwards so im happy for them to take their time and make Star Wars.

My guess is that it will be renamed to a Planet which will fall into the Star Wars Universe (and not feature in any of the films like mentioned) which keeps it timeless.

I personally would love them to make another park entrance which goes straight into Star Wars land from the parking lot if it's going to span behind there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter