DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say that I am so impressed and in awe of you engineering types who a) know where to find and keep up with the permits, b) can determine where the locations are in a larger context and can overlay them on satellite images, and c) can offer hypotheses as to what they mean! :worship: I look at and *try* to understand the drawings, but it's just not part of my skill set. Ultimately, I walk away with only the summary, still clueless how you were able to interpret that, but you did! :confused3 So, kudos and thanks to you all for keeping us non plans and permits readers in the loop!

So a modification was made to the original permit for work in the DHS area. Thanks to @DanBoris its creating some buzz about what it could possibly be.

View attachment 220112

Here it seems there could be some sort of transportation system whether it be road/monorail/etc.

View attachment 220110

These are the areas for the modification to the permit.

View attachment 220111

Well, that will definitely fuel the "Caribbean Beach DVC will be Deluxe with park access" conversation

I think that'd be pretty sweet if they ran a monorail out there.

It's interesting - Disney has always been kind of hesitant to add additional monorail lines outside of what already exists. Just look at Animal Kingdom Lodge - it's been a pretty common sight to see people ask for a direct connection to Animal Kingdom that isn't bus service, and Disney has always avoiding addressing the subject.

If this is a monorail line or something similar, and proves to be successful, I'm curious if Disney will eventually look at connecting some of these other "stranded" resorts to properties.

It's interesting - Disney has always been kind of hesitant to add additional monorail lines outside of what already exists. Just look at Animal Kingdom Lodge - it's been a pretty common sight to see people ask for a direct connection to Animal Kingdom that isn't bus service, and Disney has always avoiding addressing the subject.
I don't think they've been avoiding addressing it. Their position is pretty open - buses are the best solution.

By looking at the 4 areas in the permit it appears that whatever the system is going to be it's going to be some kind of a loop. They've been so down I monorails I don't think it will be a true monorail we are used to but maybe one of those systems that are being developed in several places where there are many small cars on the system. If it's something like that it not only would be an effective way to move people but a demonstration of new technologies.

Is epcot part of it as well? would be nice to have transportation between DHS and Epcot like this.
Yes. There already is transportation between the to parks in boat form though. This would mainly be to service Caribbean beach, the parks and potentially, Art of Animation.

There IS no DHS - there is merely an MT Lot.
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Hey guys, so I saw that Toy Story Land isn't opening until 2018 and that Star Wars Land isn't opening until 2019 so are these dates correct? It's crazy to me that it will be another 2 years until Star Wars Land opens.

Hey guys, so I saw that Toy Story Land isn't opening until 2018 and that Star Wars Land isn't opening until 2019 so are these dates correct? It's crazy to me that it will be another 2 years until Star Wars Land opens.
Yes they are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter