Developer point @ SSR question

anna08

DIS Veteran
I'm curious to whether anyone has not gotten their preferred dates for SSR for this year. It seems with all the AKV and BLT SSR DP's that must be used in the next 9 months there might be some difficulty getting the dates you need. Anyone have trouble so far?

I just booked for the 19th-29th of July with no problems. We also just did a studio to maximize our days in Disney!

We booked Spring Break. March 14- 19- two bedroom, for 7 (4 adults, 3 kids) No problem at all. Booked end of November with developer points. Booked at less than 5 months. Maybe just lucky. :confused3

Booked April 5-10, Studio at SSR. Booked back in September.

On a whim, decided to go see the Braves at Spring Trainng. Called on Jan 2, got a studio for March 5-8.

Developer/Incentive points left -- 4.

We booked for June 21st - July 1st (10 nights) in a studio. We only had to use 2 08 points, the rest were developer.

We are booked for Feb 12-15 in a 1 bdr with our developer's pts. Just booked it a few weeks ago. We are still trying to add the 15-18 with no luck. :(

We just booked a studio yesterday for Apr 16-19 (15th wasn't available-surprised we got anything as this is Easter week).

We also booked a studio for Aug. No problem.

We booked a 1bdrm from July 5th-12 two weeks ago, without a problem. This is after booking AKV for July 4th.

We booked April 19-24th about 2 weeks ago no problem. We are going to also be booking September 26th-OCtober 3rd. I see that as a problem as they all expire 10/3. Just know Ill be sitting on the line at EXACTLY 9 on February 26th!

We are getting 12 nights in a studio, two vacations this year with our Developer Points. We are banking ALL our AKV points this year to save. I really think this was a great deal! :thumbsup2

Hi,

We were booked in a 1bed from March 22nd - 27th March, booked at around 6 months window. Rang last week and changed it to a 2 bed from 22nd to 26th March as now going on a cruise.

I was surprised there was a 2 bed available to be honest :banana:

concerned

I called last week to request June SSR using our DP and I requested the dining plan. She said she has NEVER had someone ask for the dining plan while using developer points. She sounded unsure if I could even do it. She said she added a note to the request and hopefully once the reservation is confirmed that the dining plan will be reflected on it. If not I need to call later and try to add it again.

Has anyone added Dining to a DP reservation?

So it's been over a week and I still haven't heard anything back. I'm giving it another week and then I guess I'll call and try to find out what's up.

concerned

I called last week to request June SSR using our DP and I requested the dining plan. She said she has NEVER had someone ask for the dining plan while using developer points. She sounded unsure if I could even do it. She said she added a note to the request and hopefully once the reservation is confirmed that the dining plan will be reflected on it. If not I need to call later and try to add it again.

Has anyone added Dining to a DP reservation?

So it's been over a week and I still haven't heard anything back. I'm giving it another week and then I guess I'll call and try to find out what's up.

We used developer points in August at SSR and had the dining plan. There is absolutely no reason why you should not be able to do it. When you receive your confirmation it should have it listed, if not call back. Confirmations with developer points always take longer to receive. Don't panic as you can add the DDP up until a few days before check-in.

I swear there must be a ton of new people at MS recently as the ones I have talked to lately have been a weath of misinformation as well :sad2:

I'm glad someone started this thread; I was wondering the same thing myself. But then again, SSR is such a huge resort and whenever I've booked (non DVC as well) it has always been available. I am calling tomorrow to book July 5th-12th, wish me luck!

P.S. Can we borrow our BLT points for use @ SSR in July? I have two options (one that requires more points that I have as DP's). Anyone?

I'm glad someone started this thread; I was wondering the same thing myself. But then again, SSR is such a huge resort and whenever I've booked (non DVC as well) it has always been available. I am calling tomorrow to book July 5th-12th, wish me luck!

P.S. Can we borrow our BLT points for use @ SSR in July? I have two options (one that requires more points that I have as DP's). Anyone?

You can not use your BLT points until the resort opens so unfortunately you will not be able to use those points for your July trip.

As for booking SSR, the only problem I have had is getting the night of Jan 18th. Being the night before MLK day and a Sunday, absolutely no studios have been open there. I had to book a grand villa for that night and a studio on Sat and Mon nights. Kind of a pain to move around but oh well we will survive! Other than that we have had no problems in getting a room with our developer points at SSR (and we have managed to make 5 seperate reservations using up all these points!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter