Detroit park n fly hotels

Cdnsar81

Earning My Ears
My family and I are leaving for Orlando, flying outof Detroit. Can anyone
Recommend a decent, clean hotel there? We need to park for 8 days.
Thank you.

fairfield inn is good- springhillsuites looks good too- do not go to the ramada-it is gross

The Westin is right in the airport. They have park n fly packages. Couldn't ask for more convenient, although it might be more pricey than some of the other nearby hotels.

We've also stayed at the Fairfield Inn and were happy with it as well.

We stayed at the Westin in February. I really wouldn't recommend it. The walk from your room to the airport security point is much further than if you stayed off-site and got dropped off at the airport! If you have bags to check, you cannot use the hotel security gate. It is a huge hotel and I would say it took us at least 15 minutes to walk to the airport security desk lugging our bags.

Friends of mine always stay at the Days Inn Metro Airport and really like it.

I stayed at the Ramada a few years ago and didn't think it was that bad. I specifically asked for a 3rd floor room as they have interior access. The 1st and 2nd floors have outside corridors. You park across the street in one of the fenced, gated park 'n fly lots and they shuttle you back across the street to the hotel.

We usually stay at La Quinta Inn which is adjacent to the Qwik Park Airport Park n fly. The Fairfield Inn is also in the same driveway. Either one is no hassle. You park at hotel, check in, unload luggage into room, go and park car in back at the Qwik Park lot and pick it up when you get back. Set up shuttle time at front desk then wake up, wait in lobby and hop into shuttle and you're off. Qwik park has a link for the hotels they are tied to. Try:

www.qwikpark.com

then click on park,sleep,fly link

Both hotels include 8 days of parking

We are staying at the SpringHill Suites in a couple weeks.
My SIL/BIL stayed there last year and said it was really nice, not to expensive, worth the money.

We usually stay at La Quinta Inn which is adjacent to the Qwik Park Airport Park n fly. The Fairfield Inn is also in the same driveway. Either one is no hassle. You park at hotel, check in, unload luggage into room, go and park car in back at the Qwik Park lot and pick it up when you get back. Set up shuttle time at front desk then wake up, wait in lobby and hop into shuttle and you're off. Qwik park has a link for the hotels they are tied to. Try:

www.qwikpark.com

then click on park,sleep,fly link

Both hotels include 8 days of parking

We like the Best Western and get good rates there usually. We also use the Quik Park. It is really convenient and they will drive you back to your hotel (at least the Best Western). Then we use the Best Western's airport shuttle to the airport and when we return, we use Quik Park's shuttle back to the car. There are usually coupons on their website for a free day.

Plus, I like that the Quik Park is secure. One of the hotels near the airport (I can't remember the name and for some reason, I can't find it with a quick web search - it was a fancier and more expensive hotel right near the Quinta Inn) had two cars on cement blocks with their tires missing :scared1: Hotel wouldn't do anything for the woman at the desk complaining since they have signs all over stating they are not responsible for damage or theft in the parking lots. One car was 3 spots from the front door. Thank goodness we were being dropped off and didn't have a car there. One car was 3 spots from the front door. I will not leave my car in any of the hotel lots for this reason.

Westin is an amazing hotel. Yes...it less than a 5 minute walk to check-in counter but I look at it as training for Disney. It is a nice hotel. I love the valet option...walk up and your car is brought to you.

We have rooms booked at the Westin in Dec for our Disney trip and in Feb for our Mexican Disney cruise @ a rate of $139 plus taxes. You drive up to the front door, they take your car and park it free for 10 days. From your hotel room it is NO longer than a five minute walk to the baggage check in. You can go early and check in your bags, reserve your seat and go back to your room and rest in comfort until its time to go through security, then you can use the special gate beside the front desk. When you come home, while you are waiting for your luggage, you just phone the front desk for your car and when you get your luggage, your car will be all warmed up and waiting for you. Whenever we fly out of Detroit we always stay at this hotel .......since 2005. Just a beautiful hotel in a superb location

From your hotel room it is NO longer than a five minute walk to the baggage check in.

Obviously you had a room much closer than ours was. I don't recall what room we were in but I can certainly tell you it was a much LONGER walk than 5 minutes - like I said, it was at least 15 minutes to the baggage check area and just as far, if not farther, from the valet parking desk to the room. The absolute best thing about staying at the Westin was the valet parking upon return - we called from the baggage claim area and our car was at the curb, running, with the heat on when we arrived at it. I'm not here to argue about the distance or say one hotel is so much better than the next, but just to give my opinion and experiences.

I'm staying at the Westin in 45 days today ! My BFF and her family just stayed there last week also, we did the "park for a penny" deal it was 149 plux tax I think if I remember right. She can't say enough about it and how quick it was from room to lobby to the airport, can't ask for more than that IMO.

Obviously you had a room much closer than ours was. I don't recall what room we were in but I can certainly tell you it was a much LONGER walk than 5 minutes - like I said, it was at least 15 minutes to the baggage check area and just as far, if not farther, from the valet parking desk to the room. . I'm not here to argue about the distance or say one hotel is so much better than the next, but just to give my opinion and experiences.

I am sorry if I offended you... sure didn't intend to. And keep on giving your opinions and expeirences as that is what makes this board a wealth of knowledge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter