Destination D23 11/19-21 2021

Has anyone been before and can tell me what schedule usually looks like? Trying to determine park days and if we want to go on any of the convention days (afterwards of course).

Has anyone been before and can tell me what schedule usually looks like? Trying to determine park days and if we want to go on any of the convention days (afterwards of course).
I second this! I saw there are 5 pm tickets with good pricing, but wasn't sure if the convention events are done by then.

Also wondering about the party at the end. Currently we have flights at 9 pm Sunday and wondered if might catch any of the Disney+ party before heading out.

It is usually packed. It was cool one year as after the panels we had a private(ish) showing of Moana on the beach at the Poly. Then the party on the last day. However, once they gave us all a free ticket to the Magic Kingdom with fast passes for the Jungle Cruise on it.

I've gone to the last 4 Destination D23 events. Don't know if things will be the same since there's no high priced tickets like the Sorcerer level this year (only preferred seating). In past years, this was the schedule:
Friday - Get credentials and gift in morning, early afternoon stores. Rest of day free, although this year badge is being mailed and Encanto will be later in day.
Saturday - Day 1 Presentations with 2 hour break from 12-2. Evening musical event (I think around 8 PM).
Sunday - Day 2 Presentations same schedule as Saturday. Evening party (I think around 7 PM)
Hope that helps.

I've gone to the last 4 Destination D23 events. Don't know if things will be the same since there's no high priced tickets like the Sorcerer level this year (only preferred seating). In past years, this was the schedule:
Friday - Get credentials and gift in morning, early afternoon stores. Rest of day free, although this year badge is being mailed and Encanto will be later in day.
Saturday - Day 1 Presentations with 2 hour break from 12-2. Evening musical event (I think around 8 PM).
Sunday - Day 2 Presentations same schedule as Saturday. Evening party (I think around 7 PM)
Hope that helps.
Wow, sorcerer level... and I thought our $250 standard tickets were already pricey, and preferred seemed way too pricey 😅
But I've never been, so it's hard to measure the value of the tickets.

Your rough schedule really helps, thanks a lot! I see we're already assuming the screening will be Encanto haha

It is usually packed. It was cool one year as after the panels we had a private(ish) showing of Moana on the beach at the Poly. Then the party on the last day. However, once they gave us all a free ticket to the Magic Kingdom with fast passes for the Jungle Cruise on it.
Hope that helps.

Very helpful! Thank you!

Knowing that I'll be maxed out on PTO at work by Thanksgiving I bought a regular seat for Destination D23. None of the resorts had rooms avilable for a consecutive stay 11/16-11/22. I got home today (Friday) and to my surprise AKL was available for that stretch and I snagged it. Not sure but maybe a Thanks to stlrod. :earsboy:

I will admit that I basically won the lottery. I was able to purchase a preferred ticket and get a room a the Contemporary 18-22 under the group rate. I didn’t try for my room until 1:30 not realizing the link to book was in the fine print of our ticket receipt. When I went in to search my dates, it came back with nothing twice, but when I tried a third time, I clicked see all resorts instead of clicking search. When I did that, that is when the resorts showed availability. 6ECAFF6B-B6B9-43F8-90E8-EAEA560967A5.jpeg

I will admit that I basically won the lottery. I was able to purchase a preferred ticket and get a room a the Contemporary 18-22 under the group rate. I didn’t try for my room until 1:30 not realizing the link to book was in the fine print of our ticket receipt. When I went in to search my dates, it came back with nothing twice, but when I tried a third time, I clicked see all resorts instead of clicking search. When I did that, that is when the resorts showed availability. View attachment 593462

That’s awesome! I didn’t realize the link was there either until much later in the day and by that time everything was gone until they added AKL.

This will be my first Destination D23 event. Staying at AKL. I'm assuming the easiest way to get to the Contemporary is to take the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then walk or monorail it over? They don't have a special shuttle between AKL and CR, do they?

This will be my first Destination D23 event. Staying at AKL. I'm assuming the easiest way to get to the Contemporary is to take the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then walk or monorail it over? They don't have a special shuttle between AKL and CR, do they?

I’m wondering the same…if they will have dedicated bus since it is a resort with block rooms for the event.

I’m wondering the same…if they will have dedicated bus since it is a resort with block rooms for the event.
I hadn't thought of that, but maybe they will - that would be lovely! We'll have a car, but I wasn't looking forward to parking at TTC and taking the monorail around to CR, or the ferry to MK and walking from there.

At least for now, I’ll be at SSR on points. I figured I will just take the bus to the MK. I looked at a map this morning and it looks like the distance to the bus stop to the convention center is very short.

At least for now, I’ll be at SSR on points. I figured I will just take the bus to the MK. I looked at a map this morning and it looks like the distance to the bus stop to the convention center is very short.
It is an easy walk from the MK bus stop to CR. I just hope the buses to MK will be running early enough or that the Destination D23 sessions will start late enough to make taking the bus feasible.

I guess we will live vicariously through all of you! Do you think there will be a catalog of some sort? I noticed the details to the event said RSP

I guess we will live vicariously through all of you! Do you think there will be a catalog of some sort? I noticed the details to the event said RSP
You'll probably be able to watch videos of at least some of the sessions after it's over. The 2020 event was virtual, and all the videos are HERE, and there's a lot of detail (multiple webpages worth) from the 2019 D23 Expo HERE. It doesn't look like you need to sign in or be a member to view those pages.

I just booked our park reservations. We are staying 17-23. I booked on days surrounding the convention. I can move things around if need be once we get the actual schedule, but at least we have something for now. Definitely getting excited!

If anyone needs a hotel for Sunday night November 21, we just canceled CSR - were able to book at CCV with our DVC points. BTW it looks like a fair amount of DVC availability for that night opened up this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!