Destash 2019 Time to Trash the Stash!

I didn't have a goal for the year, but I have decluttered a lot. I purged about 40-5 books this year. I was able to donate a bag of the boy's clothing. I threw out A LOT of clothing. Working on purging toys. Hubby is thrilled. LOL

Nit much left the house this week :(

1 ½ bucket of plaster left over from summer project - sold
2 hotel soaps - used up

3 items left the house

1028 of 500 or 205.6% of goal

Last edited:
1 ½ gallon of primer - given to a friend
2 pieces of leftover PVC pipe - curb giveaway
6 rotten 2x4’s - trashed
3 scrap 2x4’s - used up for robotics project
5 ripped folders - recycled
3 cardboard boxes - recycled
1 swiffer duster - used up
1 pair of sneakers - trashed

22 items left the house

1050 of 500 or 210% of goal

I have the whole back of my car full of stuff to donate today, not only stuff from the house but from my office as well. I am starting a new job next month, have been here 13 years so have accumulated a lot of stuff! Tons of mugs and some other knick knacks that I wasn't even going to allow in the house, straight to the thrift shop!

2 cardboard boxes - recycled
1 4in stack of misc paper - recycled
6 pair of socks (did not fit right) - donated

9 items left the house

1059 of 500 or 211.8% of goal

i spent 3 full days at dd's place (1 room apartment) helping her declutter. 3 trips to goodwill with the entire back portion of a ford escape filled with boxes (back seat area included), an equal amount into the dumpster.

she's tried to do it before on her own but once she had someone to just hold up items and say toss, keep or donate she became driven such that she exceeded my expectations on how much we would get through.

side benefit-i now know precisely what she does/does not need for christmas or any other gift getting holidays.

My main problem areas main hotspots are
1. den table.
It’s a glass top and it’s has a bottom part so you can put stuff on the bottom. Bad thing is you can see it all through the glass top. Hubby puts ALL the junk mail, magazines, coupons coupon magazines, misc.

2. Den entertainment center
I put my bills on my side
Dd puts his mail, keys, receipts and misc

3. My craft room
I use to buy a lot of craft stuff, craft supplies and I buy future gifts and hubby and dd’s stuff/junk somehow ends up in there

This week here’s what I’ve accomplished
1. Cleaned out pantry
-Threw out 3 small container baskets of spices that come in those plastic packages, bags of dry chilies,
- threw out a case of mini cans of pineapple juice(hidden in the back on very bottom
- broke down snack boxes and out snacks in the container baskets that had the spices in

2. Cleaned off my dresser drawer and night stand

3. Dining area
- moved all of dd’s college apartment stuff that she left. I moved it to her room
- had dd get all of the recycled water bottles moved to the garage

4. Craft room
- went through 3-4 months of stored mail ( yes , I paid my bills on time- lol)
- I had 3 baskets 1. Bills 2. Receipts 3. Trash enevelopes, inserts, junk mail
Stuffed one grocery bag of #3 . Tomorrow or during the week I plan on shredding basket 1. & 2.

5. I went through all my stuff and organized a basket of brand new stuff that can be used for gifts, bday gift, Christmas stocking stuffer. Goal is to get rid of that by December
- I also bought a bunch of stuff for parties that I never used so I hope to sell it in offer up
- I have about 6 pairs of sweat pants, 3 pairs of jeans to donate

I think I did pretty good for being sick 😷

Adding my stuff from July - Sept

Gave Away
7 hand sanitizers
2 chairs
nightstand

Tossed / Recycled
Flashlight
Desk Chair
Bird Feeder
Trivet
Wallet
Rug
Scrub Brush
9 Belts
Tire
2 Pairs of Shoes
1 Bag misc from craft room

30 things left the house.
Total of 180 total items left the house. Goal of 400 this year, 220 to go.

Not much this week

2 pair of shorts - donated
1 long sleeve T-shirt - donated

3 items left the house

1062 of 500 or 212.4% of goal

i'm starting to pull items for our december universal trip. i'm telling each family member to specifically grab those items of clothes they know they need to get rid of so those older/comfy but well beyond their use jemmies will get tossed at the end of the trip, same with some well worn t-shirts and shorts that won't fit some still growing people during our next warm season. i'm going through shoes now-the incredibly comfortable tennies that really need to get tossed will get a grand send off being used at universal. a couple of sad tote bags will do fine when we're there but will become garbage bags on the last day. the goal is to come home with less clothing than we went with-and the clothing we come home with will ideally be of good quality and value.

i don't like to spend allot of money on souvenirs but i will say that some of the park products are of very good quality so if i'm tossing out 2 or 3 pairs of old lounge/pj pants i feel fine buying 1 or 2 good quality pairs to bring home. a couple of tops or a pair of slippers to replace the stuff i'm dumping feels like a more than equable trade. i base my opinion of the clothing on the many pieces i have from both disney and universal that have been repeatedly well worn by my family members for decades yet still look to be in great shape.

Finally got ds2 to take some of his things so goodbye to
1 tire with bent rim.
Half his giant tool chest
1 shirt out of his room
His wife's been really sick so I didn't want to push him anymore

Again, not an over productive week decluttering; but at least something left the house

3 dead pens - trashed
5 cement blocks- curbside giveaway
2 pieces of left over pex tubing - curbside giveaway

10 items left the house

1072 of 500 or 214.4% of goal

1 Clarinet returned that niece said needs too much work, so I am donating it to a music store that refurbishes instruments and gives to people that cannot afford them.
1 medal art piece on my wall that I got sick of looking at. I paid way to much $75 and sold today for $15.
1 baby gate I gave to my daughter, it works better for babies trying to get up the stairs, my grandson pushed it over and fell down a few steps.-Scary still have nightmares.
6 boxes recycled.
1 rug thrown in trash.

199/2019

My in-laws gave my husband the Title to their 1929 Chevrolet. It was the very first car my father-in-law bought in 1955. Since I have known my husband, 1977, this car maybe has gotten out of the garage and driven no more than 20 times. It breaks down, it needs total restoration or given to a car museum, that wants originality. 10 years ago, before the recession the cars were being sold at auction for over $250,000. So my in-laws feel the car is worth that amount of money. They told my husband, they are leaving the house in his sister's name, which is worth about $120,000 and giving her another $100,000 to make things even. I just shook my head and walked away The car has more sentimental value, than it is worth. We have no room to store it, and my husband said we will get a storage unit.

My father-in-law gave me 2 small whiskey barrels, that were (replica's) his neighbor used them for flower holders, I didn't have the heart to tell him, and 2 old crate boxes, one was from his neighbor moving and one was in their basement over 50 years. I did research on the box they had and it was a box that made soda crackers in Milwaukee WI and they eventually sold out to Nabisco.

And how was your weekend.

Another slow week :(

1 partial tab of sticky notes - used up
1 decorative hook - used up/installed
3 pair of underwear - trashed

5 items left the house

1077 of 500 or 215.4% of goal

i've rid our home of a bunch of old paperwork while determining what is truly needed to be retained. the stuff that's being kept i've found fits wonderfully in short comic book boxes (nice snug lids and they stack well). many old receipts and paperwork for old appliances, tools and such that we no longer own have been tossed with the remainders going in gallon ziplock bags labeled with the contents for quick/easy reference.

Sold a 100 gallon water tub that my in-laws gave me.
whirlpool mechanism that went in water tub to swirl water-went to a horse rancher.
cleaned out food pantry-25 items that were opened or out dated, stale
Cleaned out Tupperware draw again. 10 items in trash.
1 mum already went into the compost pile.
1 steel bucket garbage, it rusted through the bottom.
6 paper bags
2 bags of Halloween Candy
Safety Clips I gave to my daughter to keep her cupboards locked that have chemicals in it so the baby stays out
245/2019

Yesterday from DS room took out the TV stand that was not being used and put a desk in there instead.
I am going to paint that TV stand and change the door knobs and place it in the basement and from the basement out will come old tube tv and stand.

From the basement I have 3 full bags of books to give family/coworkers. 8 boards games to go out.

4 - 15 gallons containers of Dinosaurs big ten. swords, dress up clothes with shields and more and lots of cars, trucks other toys to give to great nephew. A small tub of paint supplies to give up.
I found a few things for American girl dolls including a horse saddle to give to DD girl that she bbsat.
I took down a train table, I couldn’t find a home for that so I slid it under the couch. All the Legos that were on it are now in 20 gallon tubs down in the basement.
I have 3- 15 gallons tubes for trash.
Nothing is under the ping pong table now, prior it was completed full under there.
I found a shower liner in the paint supplies today DH traded it and a new curtain out.

I sent DD at 4pm all the stuff I pulled out at 10pm I sent new video of it all cleaned up. It rain here hard all day. So it was a great day to do it.

I need to get back on track, we have company coming for Thanksgiving, they need a place to sleep.

Went through most of the kitchen drawers and sorted / threw out the usual clutter that gathers in there. Got rid of a bunch of old phone charger cords. Also put some glassware and a rice cooker in the goodwill box. Tonight I'm going to tackle the mass of lidless plastic food storage in the cabinets and see if I can find a better way to organize it.

1 Clarinet returned that niece said needs too much work, so I am donating it to a music store that refurbishes instruments and gives to people that cannot afford them.
This gives me an idea! Someone gave me a saxophone and it's mocking me... I never played a saxophone.
Cleaned out Tupperware draw again. 10 items in trash.
THIS. Why does the Tupperware do this? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts