Dessert Party at Wishes

even if they have plenty of dessert... I just don't think the value justifies the cost. I like being able to sit in that spot without paying a fee. I understand why Disney does the party, and I know they are there to make a profit, but I feel like they noticed people sitting there for the fireworks, and now are taking advantage. If they had built a new place, or even remodeled this space, I would feel like the $$'s may be justified. But, if you don't get a front table, and everyone stands in front of you, I just don't think it's worth it. And I know that if you are too far back, you can't see the whole show... the higher fireworks are blocked by the ceiling. If Disney wanted a paid for viewing area, they should have made one that ALL the seats have equal viewing, or at least close to it. I would not pay for this service. Just not a good value to me, but I know other people like it, so each to his own! :) It's like the balcony seating for Fantasmic at DL... We never splurged on that, we just came early, got a table at RBT, got desserts, and chilled for about and hour before the show started. Perfect view, at only the cost of our desserts. I guess the balcony seating may have had a nicer view since it was more elevated, but we didn't miss a bit of the show!

When we went in Aug., they replenished the desserts. THe problem was that some of the guests descended upon the buffet table as if they had not eaten all day, as if the food was going to run away from them. THe cm's replaced the food as fast as humanly possible, but there were still empty platters. Also, I saw guests with whole platters full of food sitting on their tables, (tables of two people), food that went uneaten. Maybe some folks had heard that the dessert might run out, and grabbed it asap in a panic. I don't know...A lot was wasted. I can't complain about the CM's not providing plenty, though. We got plenty to eat.

It was nice to do once, don't know if we will do it again. The price was lower when we did it. THey raised the price soon after. So I think it is too expensive, now.

RE: Tink flying over...though it was barely drizzling, she did not fly over that night during Wishes that night, due to weather. I wouln't want Tink to do anything dangerous, but it was disapppointing, especially for DD.

Whats the cost now? I thought it was about $15 and never heard of a price increase...if it's more then we won't do it ever.

When we did it, it was about $18 per adult, and soon after, it went up to $24 per adult. Children were less.

Of course, it may not be back, but even if it is, there is no way to know how much it is going to cost. You would assume that as long as it sells out, they would not reduce the price. Of course they could change it somewhat- maybe have simpler dessert offerings, lower the price a little, but still make a good profit.

When we did it, it was about $18 per adult, and soon after, it went up to $24 per adult. Children were less.

Of course, it may not be back, but even if it is, there is no way to know how much it is going to cost. You would assume that as long as it sells out, they would not reduce the price. Of course they could change it somewhat- maybe have simpler dessert offerings, lower the price a little, but still make a good profit.

I believe, the cost increase was due to automatically adding 18% gratuity and taxes to the price.

We went last August to celebrate DDs 10th Birthday, and it was fabulous! I'd go again in a heart beat! I'm actually hoping that they offer it this summer as we'll be there again this year in August to celebrate DH and my 15th Anniversary! That would be a great way to celebrate.

Here's my review from last year. Our desserts were replenished and my views are included in my review. I am really hoping that it is offered during one of our stays this year.

I booked the party on the first night of our vacation, and to the best of my knowledge at that time, this would be the last night it would presented. I was very excited about it, even though some of the reviews were coming back negative. First, I booked it for DS's birthday which was exactly one week before the event. Second, I kept it secret. This is big for me. Secrets do not come easy, and are punishable in my family if "I" am not allowed in on them. Yes, I am selfish that way. So the background is a day that started around 3am., and a full day at Magic Kingdom, talk of a secret throughout the day, and snatching of desserts from Mom at dinner. All went well. We had 8pm. reservations for the 9pm showing of Wishes.....

At 7:30pm, I was shot!! 100% down and out couldn't walk another step "shot". (bad back + stubborn + refusal to use any sort of help = SHOT)

We arrived at 7:30 at the Noodle Terrace Station and they had the signs up for the party but were not letting anyone in. I asked a worker if I could just please sit inside because of my back and I must have looked horrible cause they led us in, got me cold water, and said that we would be the first to our tables. We were given a card with the letter "C" and we waited. A little bit later other people showed up, but no one else was allowed in until 8ish. Sorry to those who thought I was breaking the rules, I really did need to sit. We were given our wrist bands and were seated in what I thought was the best seat in the house. Front row, near the buffet, off a bit in the corner and perfect for viewing everything around us. I told my son that I had booked him a private party for his birthday and that "he" was very special to get it. He actually believed me for a good part of the evening. But, best of all, I broke my no picture rule, so here it goes...

The Desserts:
4d12b481.jpg

464cb324.jpg

20ae352b.jpg

bc89e941.jpg

The view was unobstructed (sp?)

a422613e.jpg

The desserts:

Mango Shooters: Very good, tart, and have a "consistancy" to them. I am sure they are a hit or miss with people.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries: Excellent!! The berries were perfect, not mushy or overripe and the chocolate was very good, definetely not Hershey's.
Tiramasu: Very rich and wonderful. DS started a new love affair with this dessert!
Tarts: Different fillings like lime, custard, and chocolate. All very good. The fruit was excellent, except the crust was not "homemade". It was more of a mass produced bottom and it was very evident. Still very good though.
Fresh Fruit: very good, fresh, and cold for the first half of the evening.
Truffles: very good, but rich, one at a time... one at a time!;)
Creme Brulee: I was so excited to try this. I have never had it and it was on a lot of the menus throughout Disney. It was so wonderful and I found a new "favorite" for desserts. I still dream about them. I have even googled restaurants in our area looking for them.... Yes it was that good!
Peanut Butter dessert: Also very good and rich....
Cookies and Brownies: Oh my, I am editing this in, I can't believe I forgot them! Soft wonderful large cookies and brownies sent from the Heavens, thick and chewy. So delicous. We wanted to put them down, stop going for more, but they called our name.. (They named me thick waistline:))

Off to drinks: Coffee, tea (hot), tea cold unsweetened - plain and blackberry, lemonade, milk, and water... I would recommend anything unsweetened to take the bite off all the desserts you are eating!

Now that was all the food, which there was plenty of and was refilled whenever needed.

My review of the party:

I am old enough to know that you need to make the best out of any situation. I thoroughly enjoyed the party. The view of the castle was breath-taking. The view of wishes was very good and I was totally engulfed in the magic from start to finish. Tink waving as she flew by was like a dream coming true. It was pure magic. My whole family felt this way. We all felt privledge to be able to be part of the party. There were tears from all sets of eyes in my family.

Quote of the night: Me to DS: "I planned this all for you! It is your night, enjoy it." DS to me: "I love you, Mom."

**just a side note, I stated above that I make the best out of everything. During the whole party, I was really in a lot of pain. It really must be something very special for me to be able to eat as much as I did while feeling this way, and also standing for the whole showing of Wishes. I never stand. I have seen Wishes from many different views. Each view if different and unique. This view was magical. I felt like a queen next to her Castle.

Below are the views of the OP and just that, MY VIEWs. I do not mean to take away from any other reviews of the event, good or bad!

Was it worth the money? Absolutely, even with the increase that was just put through. Will I do it again? Definetely, in a heart beat. Why do I think there are bad reviews of the event? It is the end of the night, everyone is tired. People tend to go in with the attitude that everything has to be perfect because you are paying for it, an entitlement thing. Was everything perfect? Absolutely, NOT. Is anything in life absolutely perfect, NO, because then everything would be predictable and boring!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter