'Designer' Babies?

Yeah, accept what you got, you know?
Why someone even want to do that?!

I doubt this will really evolve into anything.
But obviously I'm against it. I don't know many people who wouldn't be.

We, as humans, are turning more and more selfish and greedy by the day. We are no longer satisfied with being able to have healthy children, we want our perfect image of one as well.

Personally, I want my children to be whoever they're going to be. Brown hair/freckles/green eyes/four toes, who cares? That would be my child and I'd love it no matter what.

This is another step backwards. Can you imagine how many blonde hair/blue eyed kids there would be walking around?

I can't say that im for this idea, that I would do it to my future children, but I can't stop anyone who wants to spend their 18,000$ on that. Its just taking "having the perfect child" a too far.

I don't think this idea is going to take off, and while it seems ridiculous to choose traits of a child ahead of time, I think it's amazing that we can stop genetic diseases before birth. I can't be completely against this because I know they're offering to stop the diseases as well as choose the traits and some people are going to choose both. I wouldn't approve of their superficial choices, but if this does take off, those diseases will eventually not be a problem anymore to anyone.

I'm against this, or any form of what I consider, "recreational genetic engineering."

I don't agree with it at all.
I just want a child, I couldn't care less about their hair/eye/skin color.

That is just so wrong.

When are people going to realize that looks and perfection AREN'T everything? I don't care if my baby ends up being born with green skin, purple hair and pink eyes one day (not that I think it will ;) ) I'd still think it was the most gorgeous thing in the world. And I'd raise it to believe that too and ignore who ever says otherwise.

i would do it if, and only if, i could prevent a disease that i or my husband have from being passed along to my child.

wait, wait, wait...
THE BABIES ARE REAL?!?!
i thought they were dolls...
well, i didnt exactly read the whole thing.

This is like playing God. God makes every baby the way he makes it for a reason.This is just a really bad idea.

i am appalled. fair enough wanting to prevent diseases but choosing the appearance of the child is going too far. also i think choosing the IQ would place too much pressure on the child.

Hitler would be proud.

Yup, that's exactly what I thought when I read that article.

Though I doubt process will really ever become anything...
The thought of it is still extremely vomit inducing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter