Desert Inn and Suites

alastair

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if the Desert Inn and Suites is open? If not, does anyone know what is going on with it. We've been trying to book a stay there and can't online and by phone you have to leave a message. Thanks!

We spoke to them last Saturday, so they do answer their phone sometimes. They are not open, but we didn't ask when they would be open.

Thank you so much everyone that answered my query! Desert Inn and Suites is one of our favorite places to stay, and we were worried they weren't going to open back up!

Does anyone know if the Desert Inn and Suites is open? If not, does anyone know what is going on with it. We've been trying to book a stay there and can't online and by phone you have to leave a message. Thanks!
I checked Yelp and according to the Yelp page of Desert Inn And Suites it mentions that the hotel is open but didn't say anything about it closed. But from what I read Desert Inn And Suites got finished with remodeling and it looks great but a word of warning only one car is allowed to park by your room there
Hope this advice helps you very much Alastair and have a great Disneyland trip

I booked a stay there for June many months ago. Been trying to book a new reservation for a week now but 99% of the dates show booked. Emailed them to inquire but no response.

We love the Desert Inn we've been staying there for years. I noticed too that they didn't seem to be open. I'm glad they're coming back! : ) We want to stay there in the fall when we take our girls.
IF anyone gets a date for when their calendar opens will you post about it : )

That is our go to hotel as well. We had a stay booked for last May that I moved to Aug then Sept then this past feb and finally I just cancelled all together. We are now planning to go in Sept but I too have not been able to book anything online or get them to respond. I booked with Grand Legacy for now but I will def be back if/when they open.

On March 10th I was also able to book for August but when I went in today to look for new August dates it will not let me. Hope they open soon that is also our go to hotel.

Thank you everyone for all the info! We were wondering if the were remodeling. Hopefully they will be opening up soon! Thanks again, so much!!

Not sure what to think of the remodel rumor here . I didn't ask the person we know but would be surprised that any of the off property hotels are spending money after being closed over a year. The rumor seems to have started from the poster that mentioned yelp. I would take those reviews with a grain of salt since the last one listed is from 4/04/2021 and says they have a shuttle to take you to the park along with other things that are false.

I hope I'm wrong since this is a great hotel for the price and the employees have always been great to us.

Yes, it is one of our favorite places to stay too! I guess it's just gonna be a waiting game, and hopefully they will be opening and things can get back to some kind of normalcy. Thanks!

Alastair,
If you are still having trouble getting a room at Desert Inn And Suites another alternative is the Tropicana Inn And Suites and I also looked it up on Yelp and from the reviews it's great and it's right next to an IHOP and Denny's next door and as a bonus it's directly by the entrance of Disneyland so you can walk easily
See if you can give this hotel a call to find out more info and good luck Alastair,
Dodger

Not sure what to think of the remodel rumor here . I didn't ask the person we know but would be surprised that any of the off property hotels are spending money after being closed over a year. The rumor seems to have started from the poster that mentioned yelp. I would take those reviews with a grain of salt since the last one listed is from 4/04/2021 and says they have a shuttle to take you to the park along with other things that are false.

I hope I'm wrong since this is a great hotel for the price and the employees have always been great to us.
Actually, many of the motels in the area have been doing major refurbishments. We have been down in Anaheim many weekends during the closure and have watched the various processes. Candy Cane was the largest refurb I witnessed, and they do have a shuttle, so perhaps the yelps poster was confused there. I know I saw work going on many motels near Anaheim Desert Inn, but can't say 100% there was activity at Desert Inn.

But from what I read Desert Inn And Suites got finished with remodeling and it looks great but a word of warning only one car is allowed to park by your room there
Just to clarify, they do allow only 1 car and prior to closure, they would valet for you because they have such a limited parking area and they double parked cars in both the garage and in the side parking. You do not park your car near your room. And while they only allow 1 car, they will advise you where you can park a second car (for a hefty fee.)

Actually, many of the motels in the area have been doing major refurbishments. We have been down in Anaheim many weekends during the closure and have watched the various processes. Candy Cane was the largest refurb I witnessed, and they do have a shuttle, so perhaps the yelps poster was confused there. I know I saw work going on many motels near Anaheim Desert Inn, but can't say 100% there was activity at Desert Inn.
Always nice to here of updates to the off property hotels ! I guess the Candy Cane updates don't really surprise me since they always seem to be a cut above most others ! Thanks for the info

We have reservations at the Tropicana, but we were just curious about the Desert Inn and Suites since it is where we usually stay especially when our large family goes together. Dodger, I'm glad to hear all the good things about the Tropicana, because we have never stayed there. It will be exciting to give a try.

Thank you for replying to me Alastair I'm glad you were able to get reservations at the Tropicana Inn And Suites thanks to my helpful advice. If anytime you're planning to go on another Disneyland vacation in the future and need to find out a good hotel you can feel free to ask and i'll look up Yelp reviews for you
Dodger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter