Departure Flight Time from IAH after Cruise

mom2aPrincess&Pirate

Mouseketeer
I am looking at a flight that departs from IAH at 1:00pm on debarkation day. Is this pushing things? I'm not sure how long the drive is from the port to the airport? Do you think we need a later flight time? We are using the Disney ground transfers.

Also, we are flying in the night prior to the cruise and are including a stay at the airport hotel as part of our cruise reservation. Do they assign boarding groups at the hotel, or will we receive that at the port the next morning?

Thanks so much! Any other advice that anyone can offer for this cruise would be appreciated. It will be our first time cruising out of Galveston.

Its a good 2 hours from the port to IAH. IAH can be a very busy airport. And quite large. Security lines can be up to an hour long. If you are flying Continental/United, that terminal is huge. Your gate could be 20 minutes from the check-in area. Add that to the airlines wanting you at the airport an hour before your flight time. So, 2 + 1 + .5+.5 = 4 hours, at least. Do you have a car, are you taking a shuttle? You have to allow time for that. If you are off the ship by 9, and there's no traffic that day, and the security lines are short, you just might make it. But I wouldn't risk it. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter