Deluxe Dining During Free Dining?

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
We have always gone to WDW during the free dining promotion and it has worked out great. For our next trip (late Aug - early Sept) we would like to consider doing the deluxe dining plan during the free dining promotion. How does that work? Will I need to pay the difference of upgrading from the regular plan? How much would that be for 3 people per day?

I've already started planning out our schedule and, quite frankly, I can't imagine how I did a plan before WITHOUT doing it with the deluxe plan in mind. If we go with the regular plan now, I feel like I'd be missing out!;)

I am certain there will be more of an expert out there, but I believe it would cost you the difference btwn the two plans.

Have fun planning! And Have Fun in DISNEY!:banana:

We have always gone to WDW during the free dining promotion and it has worked out great. For our next trip (late Aug - early Sept) we would like to consider doing the deluxe dining plan during the free dining promotion. How does that work? Will I need to pay the difference of upgrading from the regular plan? How much would that be for 3 people per day?

I've already started planning out our schedule and, quite frankly, I can't imagine how I did a plan before WITHOUT doing it with the deluxe plan in mind. If we go with the regular plan now, I feel like I'd be missing out!;)

Yes, you just pay the difference between the free plan (QSDP or DDP, depending on your resort) and the DxDP. We are at POP and upgraded from the QSDP to DxDP - it was about $44 per night for us. From DDP to DxDP is $33 (during peak season it may be only $31, since the DDP is $2 more, but I don't know if you get credit for that).

We've never done deluxe before. Is it worth it?

Depends on how you eat when you are there. We do quite a bit of 2TS places plus we never do QS unless at the waterparks.

Also, we never eat dessert but love appetizer's.

When I figured out how much OOP after we ran out of TS credit's plus the apps it was a value.

YES! We do it every time we go, which is usually once a year. We don't have a lot of money, but we consider the deluxe dining plan to be worth every penny. We both love food, and there is really no better value out there (we also don't care for quick service-type dining, so the regular plan isn't worth it for us). The next time we go, we're going to do alot of signature dinners, and the deluxe plan allows you to really make that happen! We saved over $500 just purchasing this plan, and still didn't utilize all of the snack credits we were given each day.

That said, we're going to make sure to do it differently and eat our snacks in May!!

This is the second year we have upgraded from free dining to deluxe. I cant remember how much it cost but it is worth it for us. Yes it is a lot of food but when I figured out how much we spent last year when we werent on the dining plan even with us sharing food it will still be cheaper. We like to do a sit down at lunch and a signature in the evening so it works for us. Last time we had some credits left so we ordered room service for breakfast. My kids also like trying things they would never try at home because there is plenty of food if they dont like it. It also gives us an opportunity to try new resturants.

Depends on how you eat when you are there. We do quite a bit of 2TS places plus we never do QS unless at the waterparks.

Also, we never eat dessert but love appetizer's.

When I figured out how much OOP after we ran out of TS credit's plus the apps it was a value.

We'll never use 3 sit-down's a day, but plan on a few 2TS signature meals, so it should work out.

Does the deluxe plan include appetizers AND desserts?

We'll never use 3 sit-down's a day, but plan on a few 2TS signature meals, so it should work out.

Does the deluxe plan include appetizers AND desserts?

Yes it does.

We are doing it for the first time on this trip. We are more appetizer people than dessert people, so if we had the DDP we'd be order appetizers OOP for many/most meals. Also, we don't really like CS meals and do like the 2TS meals. So, we have a 2TS dinner every night and then either an early lunch or late breakfast (a 1TS meal).

Yes, the DxDP includes 1 App and 1 Dessert each.

Some places have sharable apps, and these count as 2 apps (so for my wife and I, we get 1 sharable app between us). Some other places have sharable apps, and they only count as one app. I think it mostly depends on who your server is.

Yes, the DxDP includes 1 App and 1 Dessert each.

For table service lunch and dinner. No appetizers with breakfast or counter service, and no dessert with breakfast. This year you can substitute a second beverage for your dessert at breakfast, but it looks like they do away with that for next year.

depends on ages, too...if it's 3 Disney adults (all age 10 & over) it will cost you $99 a night total to upgrade from the free regular "plus dining" to "deluxe dining" ($33 x 3.) If it's 2 adults and one child age 3-9, it will cost you $75 per night total. Remember to count the additional cost on tips, too...you'll be adding at least one expensive meal a day requiring big gratuity (if you do a signature & a regular table service a day to use your 3 deluxe credits)

Yes it is well worth it. I always save my slip and I save hundredsof dollars. I always eat my night for dinner at a 2 yable service abd use my one TS for breakfast then pik between so a good breakfast and a great dinner and Im a happy camper:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts