Delta extends middle seat blocking thru April 2021

Gitelfor

DIS Veteran
DL must be picking up additional customers by cornering the market on middle seat blocking. This is good news for many travelers.

• On aircraft with middle seats: We will block the selection of middle seats in Delta Premium Select, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin for parties of 1-2. Parties of 3+ can continue selecting seats together.
  • On aircraft without any middle seats: We will block the selection of one aisle of seats on smaller aircraft.
  • Blocking adjacent seats in First Class.*
  • Limiting the total number of passengers on board.
  • On select routes where customer demand is high, we will look for opportunities to upgrade to larger aircraft or add more flying to promote space on board.
  • Boarding by row, starting from the rear of the aircraft to the front. Delta One, First Class and Diamond Medallion customers may board at any point during the boarding process.

Last edited:
I am flying Delta next month. I specifically chose it because the middle seats would still be blocked. Price was a little more, but still lowest I have ever paid ($176 roundtrip LAX - MCO). And this was for main cabin (not the basic economy). I could have gotten United for less, but the flight times were less than ideal and by the time I paid for a bag, I was within $10 of the Delta flights (which had much better flight times and I get a free bag with my Delta AMEX card). I was willing to pay more for the extra space, but worked out just better all around flying Delta.

I am flying Delta next month. I specifically chose it because the middle seats would still be blocked. Price was a little more, but still lowest I have ever paid ($176 roundtrip LAX - MCO). And this was for main cabin (not the basic economy). I could have gotten United for less, but the flight times were less than ideal and by the time I paid for a bag, I was within $10 of the Delta flights (which had much better flight times and I get a free bag with my Delta AMEX card). I was willing to pay more for the extra space, but worked out just better all around flying Delta.
We purchased the middle seat and it came out to about $150 for each my wife and I for the end of this month roundtrip from LAX to MCO, factoring in buying the middle seat. If we want to check a bag, it will be $60 round trip and we might check one bag, haven't decided yet. And JetBlue offers substantially more leg room than Delta does. Although the Delta flight time out is better, coming back the Jetblue Flight time is slightly better.

Is Delta serving drinks and snacks? Or are they requiring everyone to keep masks on the whole time without any drink service. I'd prefer the latter and I'm looking at a nonstop flight from 8:45-10:30; so it would be an easy flight to not have the drink/snack service.

Is Delta serving drinks and snacks? Or are they requiring everyone to keep masks on the whole time without any drink service. I'd prefer the latter and I'm looking at a nonstop flight from 8:45-10:30; so it would be an easy flight to not have the drink/snack service.

Not 100% sure. I will be flying Delta on 3/5. On the Delta website, there is a spot that talks about changes to the Onboard Experience. You can look at the link below. There will only be water with small snacks depending on distance of the flight. No cups and no ice.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/travel-update-center/ways-we-are-keeping-you-safe/onboard-services
I will buy a drink (or maybe 2) and a snack for the flight. My flight is 4.5 hours, so I will need to drink something for the flight and will need a snack (or maybe breakfast of some sort). I can't really eat before my flight as LAX is in LA and there is no indoor dining in my state at the moment and I will need to leave my house by 5 AM to make my flight.

They are handing out Ziploc bags with a bottle of water and a snack.

Bought tickets on Delta today. It'll be so nice to have just 2 hours on a plane rather than 10 hours in the car. I've got TSA precheck too to get through security, but not sure it's going to matter too much at the moment.

Bought tickets on Delta today. It'll be so nice to have just 2 hours on a plane rather than 10 hours in the car. I've got TSA precheck too to get through security, but not sure it's going to matter too much at the moment.

It may not matter for getting through security, but it'll be less of your stuff touching areas that other people's stuff touched. I consider that A+ atm.

It may not matter for getting through security, but it'll be less of your stuff touching areas that other people's stuff touched. I consider that A+ atm.

I have TSA Pre check too. I had not considered that, but that is a very good thought!

PreCheck can be invaluable in Orlando, even now. Security can be a mess there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter