• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delta, AirTran or SWA

Eno

Mouseketeer
I am looking for flights from Buffalo to Orlando in August.
I have found flights on Delta for 200.00 including taxes, 215.00 on AirTran and SWA flights are not out for that time.
I have flown Delta in the past with no problems. Anyone know anything about AirTran?
NorthWest is 270 and last year they changed my flight so many times and there were three of us flying and they kept giving us different flights and times, they tried to change us from a 4 hour flight with 1 stop over to an 8 hour with 2 stop overs for the same price - not impressed.
The last few times I have booked flights to Orlando there have been great deals and am debating if I should book now in case their is an increase or hold out. I am from Canada so the exchange rate kills me and flying out of Toronto is way too expensive due to all of the additional taxes.

:( Sorry, don't know anything about Airtran,but I do use delta on a regular basis and never have I had a problem. :D

We always use Delta from BDL. Very easy and we have never had a problem with them. At $200.00 I would really think about grabbing that rate. Oil rates seem to be going up, so airlines MAY increase their rates to compensate for the price increase. Just a thought.

I tried Jet Blue but they are showing higher than Delta right now.
So far Delta at 200.00 is my best bet. The return flight for Jet Blue is much higher for some reason 111.00 including taxes going and 151 coming back - flying out and back on a Saturday.
I can play around with the dates but Delta on Friday, or Saturday is still 200.00
Any comments on Jet Blue in case the price drops.

Airtran is great. They have the newest fleet of planes out there. Even their customer service is good. Try checking a little further down this page for an Airtran thread to get more info.

We always fly Delta from Boston - have never had any problems and find the flights at good times and fair pricing.:D

We tried Airtran, reluctently, in September when my limitless supply of companion passes with US Air dried up. We were pleasantly shocked. No problems, nice planes. The folks you call on the phone could be more helpful, but if using the net saves me 50%, I'll put up with their help lines. We've now flown twice together and five business trips between us. Only bad part: the world of Airtran seems to go through Atlanta, avoiding the connecting flights can be a pain. But I'd give them a solid OK.

Pat

DH uses AirTran quite a bit, and really likes them. New aircraft, good service. We are originally from Canada, so he flys back and forth to BUF several times a year. You may have to connect through ATL but AirTran gates are close to each other so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the Info -
The only direct flight from Buffalo is with South West so I usually
have to connect somewhere.
Had never flown or knew anyone that had flown AirTran.
Going to watch the rates for AirTran, Delta and SWA.
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter