Delta Airline vent

That's crazy. I wonder if there were even any passengers on it because how many people would be at the gate ready to go 2.5 hours early?

Forget passengers, the plane & crew wouldn’t even be there 2.5 hours early. I don’t know what happened, but something doesn’t add up to what the PP was told.

I wondered if it was a case of the plane going back and forth between two cities and the flight that "left early" was actually the earlier flight and someone (not saying PP) Got the information confused.

I have had flights that were delayed, then returned to "normal" (or not as late) departure time.
It was a connection to Burlington, Vermont. There is on back and forth from Penn. to Vt. I really don't know the truth, all I now is how it affected me personally not only the inconvenience of having to find an alternative, but the adjustment of the people waiting at the other end. Cell Phones were not a big thing back then.
That's crazy. I wonder if there were even any passengers on it because how many people would be at the gate ready to go 2.5 hours early?
I'm just saying what they told me. I can tell you that I got there 45 minutes before they were supposed to depart and it was already gone. That part I am sure of, the rest might be wrong. I wasn't there to witness it so I had to go by what they told me. They seemed far more concerned about the crew going past their hours than the passengers missing a connection.

I'm just saying what they told me. I can tell you that I got there 45 minutes before they were supposed to depart and it was already gone. That part I am sure of, the rest might be wrong. I wasn't there to witness it so I had to go by what they told me. They seemed far more concerned about the crew going past their hours than the passengers missing a connection.

I'm not doubting your story. I was just wondering if there was anyone there to even get on the plane that early. Seems like cancelling the flight would have made more sense that sending the plan 2.5 hours early and then acting like it was totally normal for a plane to take off 2.5 hours early with no communication to the passengers.

13 years ago? In 2010? Sure they were. Maybe this happened longer ago than that?
There were cell phones but not everyone had one and they were quite unreliable in many places.
Again we are talking about Vermont which in spite of being the the place where IBM and others built ginormous chip manufacturing plants in the 1980's, was always a day late and a dollar short when it came to new technology. It was there but at the time not a basic life need. Not that it really matters but the more I think about it, it was more likely 2008.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter