delivery Fee Question

Considering room checks and the fact that BS will deliver your DME luggage without you having to call for it (meaning a minor could be alone in the room when BS arrives with your DME luggage just the same as they could any other time), I'll have to disagree with that.

With DME a tip is already included in the service. That is why you can get the luggage without anyone there.

Considering room checks and the fact that BS will deliver your DME luggage without you having to call for it (meaning a minor could be alone in the room when BS arrives with your DME luggage just the same as they could any other time), I'll have to disagree with that.

While the instances of a minor being alone in the room is slim...there has been some accusations of incidents involving a Disney employee on cruises, and a guest groping at Typhoon Lagoon. I would think that bell services, even with DME would not deliver if an obvious minor was alone in the room.

I just wanted to share some experiences Ive had constantly with BS. No matter what, they will not let us take the rolling cart. We have arrived via car with luggage and ask nicely to please let us take up our luggage and they insist on them doing it. We always have groceries/ other items delivered to BS (GG, Amazon, walmart, etc) using and not using refrigeration and they refuse to give us a cart to bring the items up ourselves. We almost always go to BS upon arrival to bring the items up ourselves and they literally will not give us the items! I never want to argue with them so I just let them bring them up, no matter how little amount of bags I have. The issue here is that they have not allowed us to use their cart or do it ourselves in the past and I am unsure if this will change. If we have 2 cases of water and 2 cases of soda, we would need a cart because no one could carry heavy stuff like that alone. Does anyone here think that they will let guests do this on their own in the future?

THe one time we were able to use the cart ourselves was at Vero Beach- there were several carts available at the elevators in the outer buildings to use and bring back at your convenience.

No fee should be incurred if Bell Services refuses to allow pickups from their stand and insists upon delivery.

If you want to pickup items call down first to give them the heads up and pull your items. If they allow pickups empty out a few pieces of luggage and use those to transport the heavy objects.

I wouldn’t expect them to give us a cart (liability, missing cart, etc.). I DO expect them to give me my groceries without arguing with me.

When I use BS I always tip generously (probably b/c I only have 20$, 50$ & 100$s). I will not tip AND pay Disney this ridiculous fee when we are already charged for BS via MF.

They’re making this up as they go along. & I know it’s only 6$ (for now), but it’s like death by a thousand paper cuts.

BS can either give me my stuff and take a tip for fetching it for me, or refuse, not be tipped & deal with a lead or manager. This is my hill.

While the instances of a minor being alone in the room is slim...there has been some accusations of incidents involving a Disney employee on cruises, and a guest groping at Typhoon Lagoon. I would think that bell services, even with DME would not deliver if an obvious minor was alone in the room.

How does BS know whether or not a minor is present (and/ or alone) in the room when delivering DME luggage? They don't call first. If that were the case, where would the line be drawn? I am a woman who travels alone- why would they not avoid entering while I am the only one present? I stand by my theory that this is tip-driven. Otherwise, deliveries of any kind would require an adult to be present if the purpose was to avoid the potential of a minor in the room.

How does BS know whether or not a minor is present (and/ or alone) in the room when delivering DME luggage? They don't call first. If that were the case, where would the line be drawn? I am a woman who travels alone- why would they not avoid entering while I am the only one present? I stand by my theory that this is tip-driven. Otherwise, deliveries of any kind would require an adult to be present if the purpose was to avoid the potential of a minor in the room.

They could draw the line if it is obvioulsy someone under age, ask if anyone else was in the room, and if not, deliver the bags later. But, again, I'm sure the instances of an obvious minor being alone in a room at Disney are pretty few and far between. DME does knock, they don't just burst into a room with the luggage.

Take some time to get to know the CM's and you would be surprised at what they will tell you. Bell Services knows which resorts tip well and they work to get those assignments, SSR no thank you, too spread out, outdoors, and DVC isn't known for tipping. GF, not VGF is where the money is, when Bell Services has to send someone to VGF, they are the CM from the bottom of the pile.

Little known fact, if you tip well, magic can happen. We have had our luggage moved from Bell Services to our room without being in the room. Just grab your favorite CM, hand him a tip and ask that he deliver your luggage to your room. Bell Services has brought us ice and a bottle of soda and water for my CPAP. At OKW and SSR you can hitch a ride on the Bell Services golf cart, all you have to do is ask and tip.

At couple of resorts Bell Services knows us by name and our favorite CM's will go out of there way to take care of us.

:earsboy: Bill

They could draw the line if it is obvioulsy someone under age, ask if anyone else was in the room, and if not, deliver the bags later. But, again, I'm sure the instances of an obvious minor being alone in a room at Disney are pretty few and far between. DME does knock, they don't just burst into a room with the luggage.

Right, but if the door is not answered, (mommy tells little Johnny not to open the door), the CM will open the door to deliver the luggage.
Those locks on the door are for the guest's piece of mind, but they do not keep a CM with a master door card out.

If you/we are unhappy about this, write in. That is the best way to be heard. That is the only way they will rethink it.

Best post in the whole thread.

If Bell Service is being paid for by the member's fees, there should be no additional fees incurred.

Write to DVC and kindly express your concerns. The more guests that do it, the more they will be "forced" (used lightly) to think this through.

I have just been called by someone from MS about the delivery fee. She told me that the grocery delivery is an "additional amenity" that is not included in the services agreed with the resort (luggage delivery) so it has to be paid separately. I explicitly asked who is going to pocket the money and she said "the resort". Then I asked if they have hired additional people who will work only on grocery delivery and who will be paid by Disney and she said they have not (but it's possible people will be hired in the future).
She said the grocery delivery is an additional amenity and I don't have to pay for it because I can go and take the groceries myself. Then I replied that if it's an additional amenity I should not pay for the salary for the people doing it with my dues. She said she's going to give this feedback to the management team.

Can anyone tell me the address of the DVC legal department?

I have just been called by someone from MS about the delivery fee. She told me that the grocery delivery is an "additional amenity" that is not included in the services agreed with the resort (luggage delivery) so it has to be paid separately. I explicitly asked who is going to pocket the money and she said "the resort". Then I asked if they have hired additional people who will work only on grocery delivery and who will be paid by Disney and she said they have not (but it's possible people will be hired in the future).
She said the grocery delivery is an additional amenity and I don't have to pay for it because I can go and take the groceries myself. Then I replied that if it's an additional amenity I should not pay for the salary for the people doing it with my dues. She said she's going to give this feedback to the management team.

Interesting this is less clarity in the end because for instance the “resort” makes no sense for OKW and SSR or Riviera when there is no resort there is only DVC. As for legal it’s the same address for DVCMC everything is the same in Celebration: 1390 Celebration Blvd.

As for the non DVC exclusive resorts how are they breaking out the fees for luggage vs grocery delivery. Also did they say it was only if you had them deliver to your room? Some are claiming they are now being told that if the resort receives it there is a fee.

It even makes less sense if you think about someone that split stays. The first stay get groceries pay the fee. The second stay have all that extra stuff still but not pay the fee... Something is off again it seems.

This tipping industry wide is getting out of hand. At Southwest, we were too early to check bags in inside the terminal. BUT, we could check them in outside. The employee would not give us our baggage tickets and boarding passes until we tipped him. Literally held on to the tickets waiting.

We pay enough in dues. When I use Magical Express, I never know when they will deliver our bags. Don’t tip if we are not there. We should be able to use the carts. It’s all just a money grab game.

Interesting this is less clarity in the end because for instance the “resort” makes no sense for OKW and SSR or Riviera when there is no resort there is only DVC. As for legal it’s the same address for DVCMC everything is the same in Celebration: 1390 Celebration Blvd.

As for the non DVC exclusive resorts how are they breaking out the fees for luggage vs grocery delivery. Also did they say it was only if you had them deliver to your room? Some are claiming they are now being told that if the resort receives it there is a fee.

It even makes less sense if you think about someone that split stays. The first stay get groceries pay the fee. The second stay have all that extra stuff still but not pay the fee... Something is off again it seems.
Yes, this is what I was told. They receive it, store it, $6 charge.

And if we can get them ourselves at no additional cost, let us use the luggage carts.

This tipping industry wide is getting out of hand. At Southwest, we were too early to check bags in inside the terminal. BUT, we could check them in outside. The employee would not give us our baggage tickets and boarding passes until we tipped him. Literally held on to the tickets waiting.

We pay enough in dues. When I use Magical Express, I never know when they will deliver our bags. Don’t tip if we are not there. We should be able to use the carts. It’s all just a money grab game.

The skycaps at the outside luggage areas at airports are NOT airline employees, they are airport employees in tipped positions. Magical Express luggage delivery does not require a tip, even if you are in the room. They are tipped through Magical Express via Disney contract.

You can always pop one of these into your suitcase for groceries. About $35 at Amazon.

61yG8cJKxgL._SL1320_.jpg

Last edited:
To clarify, I am not against the delivery fee in principle. The CM told me they saw a surge in the number of deliveries due to Amazon and other major players entering the market. Having a fee paid by people who receive groceries might help to not increase dues, if used to offset them.
The problem is that Disney is employing people paid by our dues to pocket an additional fee.
I really hope it's a misunderstanding and the fee will end in the resort budget to offset the dues paid by owners, otherwise I would not esitate to call it a scam.

Most hotels anywhere do not let guests use the luggage carts IF they have bell services. Hotels without bell services allow guests to use carts, if they have any. So pretty standard industry wide.
Except DVC is not a hotel....we pay dues.

Not sure if this has been reported anywhere else but I was never charged this fee after 4/1. We checked into Poly on 4/10 with grocery delivery arriving before we got to the resort due to flight delays.

facebook twitter