Deck 2

msmama

DIS Veteran
I think I read somewhere else that if someone tests positive for COVID on the cruise, they're moving them to deck 2.

I currently have a room booked on Deck 2 (technically it's a GTY room but the category that's deck 2)? Is it likely I'll get moved to leave more rooms for possible positive cases? Should I consider moving myself (I don't know if I want to be surrounded by the sickies, lol). This is for the EBTA so it's a longer cruise, don't know if I'd be as concerned on a 3 nighter. I've only ever stayed on Deck 2 so I'm not sure where else I'd go.

Anyone have personal experience?

Thanks!

To be clear, a lot of guests report that they have been moved by DCL out of deck 2 to higher levels PRIOR to the cruise or at embarkation, not once positive cases are detected onboard. In that sense, there is no reason to upgrade your booking at a higher cost for you.

I think I read somewhere else that if someone tests positive for COVID on the cruise, they're moving them to deck 2.

I currently have a room booked on Deck 2 (technically it's a GTY room but the category that's deck 2)? Is it likely I'll get moved to leave more rooms for possible positive cases? Should I consider moving myself (I don't know if I want to be surrounded by the sickies, lol). This is for the EBTA so it's a longer cruise, don't know if I'd be as concerned on a 3 nighter. I've only ever stayed on Deck 2 so I'm not sure where else I'd go.

Anyone have personal experience?

Thanks!
I’ll be on that myself. But I love deck 2 in the front of the ship. So I picked that when my gold day to purchased came up. I thought Covid would be over by then. I’m not sure how many rooms on deck 2 Magic class are still used for crew since restarting. But I know it was a thing for a while. I’d love to know if CM’s still use deck 2 on Magic class.

I think I’ll be moved prior also.

Are deck 2 OV passengers being upgraded to verandahs?
No, they're being upgraded to oceanview rooms on higher decks. Those rooms are forward and aft on the Dream class, and forward only on the Magic class. There are no midship oceanview rooms on higher decks, so if being midship is a high priority, you might want to pay for a verandah. I was perfectly happy with my forward oceanview stateroom, btw.

Last edited:
I need to look at the deck plans to see where those higher OV cabins are. I've only ever been on deck 2 with an OV.

I love deck 2 and was disappointed that Í couldn't book it for my cruise in April

I am Deck 2 OV (9B) GTY for the Hawaii to Vancouver cruise. I would not be surprised if we were moved elsewhere though I am hoping some Covid restrictions will lessen by then. I love Deck 2 but I don't mind higher decks either.

We just sailed on a VGT rate on the Magic last month and were assigned Cabin 7102 which was just a few cabins forward of aft elevators. We liked that location too. I know there are no OV aft on 7 but we liked it.

On the Magic Class other than Decks 1 and 2 there are OV's on Deck 5, 6, 7 forward.

MJ

How far out from cruise did they change your cabin?

We were moved and not notified for our November Wonder sailing. I just happened to notice when I logged in to complete our online checkin. We were moved from deck 2 midship oceanview to a forward deck 6 oceanview. We wren't happy. We tried to make the best of it and it was only four nights. I tried to keep an open mind but we weren't super into the location. It was quiet but we were so motion sick on that cruise. Staying lower and mid ship is going to continue to be our preference.

I really dislike forward cabins. If I get moved from deck 2 OV aft to a forward OV, I would probably downgrade to an inside aft or mid ship and save some money. My favorite location is deck 5 aft, but I don't think that area has been available to book either.

I really dislike forward cabins. If I get moved from deck 2 OV aft to a forward OV, I would probably downgrade to an inside aft or mid ship and save some money. My favorite location is deck 5 aft, but I don't think that area has been available to book either.
We were deck 5 aft for our Panama Canal cruise and loved the location.

Which ship are you sailing on? The Magic class doesn't have any upper deck aft oceanview cabins (unlike the Dream class), just upper deck forward oceanview cabins. If sailing on the Magic or Wonder, the only feasible ways you would not be moved to an upper deck forward oceanview is if there were no longer quarantines by your cruise or if they ran out of oceanviews & put you in a verandah (not likely).

As I procrastinate this morning there are 237 OV cabins on the Magic with 146 of those on deck 2. They will have to upgrade some to verandahs depending on ships capacity and cabins already assigned.

The problem I am having is that we have connecting OV rooms on deck 2 booked for our family of 5. If we can't get connecting, that means DH and I have to split up and each take some of the kids. Not anywhere close to the same experience. Will be following to see if they start opening up deck 2 at all once (hopefully) Omicron subsides a bit. :(

The problem I am having is that we have connecting OV rooms on deck 2 booked for our family of 5. If we can't get connecting, that means DH and I have to split up and each take some of the kids. Not anywhere close to the same experience. Will be following to see if they start opening up deck 2 at all once (hopefully) Omicron subsides a bit. :(
My guess is, if your two reservations are linked, and one of them is slated to be moved, they'd move both.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter