Decisions you have made which went against your families wishes?

Leaving the church, no regrets.
This would be one.

I’ve been pretty much on my own since about 17 so have not taken my extended families “wishes” into consideration for most of my life. Not their business and not their place. I’d venture to guess if you asked a certain subset they’d say “everything.” I’d probably be living a pretty miserable existence if I did it their way.

Going away to college. It wasn't against my family's wishes exactly, more that they just didn't think I could do it. Honestly, I didn't think I could do it, either, but I really fell in love with the school. The first year was ROUGH, but I made it and it was one of the best decisions of my life.

My family is extremely nonjudgmental with each other. I don't think there's a single thing I would ever consider doing that my family would have a problem with.

Well, there was the time I got tested to see if I was a match for someone I barely knew who needed a kidney. My mom asked me to really think about the possible repercussions before acting. I wasn't a match, so it didn't matter, but she might have tried to talk me out of it if I had been.

My parents didn't want us to buy our house. We were newly married and they thought it was too large and too expensive. We actually told them that we were paying less than we were, and that was still too much in their opinions.

But, they also thought the same of all of my siblings, too, when they bought their homes.

We have been in this house for 27 years and have made many upgrades to make it ours. We still love it. My parents got over it and now they tell everyone about their children's' success and the homes we own.

Leaving the family business to forge my own career. I am so very glad I did :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter