Deciding between DAS and ECV

IMHO ....If a person needs a DAS - there is no way that they could possibly be at Soaring or any other Headliner. The lines are the longest, and the Headliner rides take more physical ability to ride than the standard ones do. A wheelchair or ECV (if permitted) should remedy the wait on line.
PLEASE realize that the above comment is MY OPINION, not Disney’s, nor anyone else’s.

To help answer your question about getting around with less physical stress and also standing in long lines - renting an ECV from a Disney approved provider will help you get from the main gate to the bus stop and around the resort a lot easier. They make it possible for users to be in the parks for more than an hour, helping with breathing, standing, and motor issues. They allow the users to have fun, just like everyone else.

Enjoy your vacation!

My reasoning is from personal experience. I am a person.
This is MY OPINION from personal experience.
My opinion should not be falsely projected on anyone - never!
Thank You.

If I may ask you for some clarification about your opinion and please believe me when I say that I ask this out of honest curiosity and not for any other reason.

We know for a fact that the DAS is not given for disabilities that are related to physical issues and instead are given out for non-physical reasons.

Let's assume for the purposes of this conversation that you are correct and headliner rides actually do take more physical ability to ride. For this question, I am going to take this information as a fact as well although I only partly agree with you on this.

Taking those two facts into consideration, how do you relate one to the other?

What I mean by that is I am wondering how you came to this opinion that if someone has a DAS (given out for non-physical issues) then they clearly cannot ride attractions that take more physical ability to ride?

Finally, if a person's disability is non-physical, then how would a wheelchair or ECV help?

It almost seems the same as saying "I am allergic to peppers so I can't ride a bicycle" and I am left to wonder if I have missed a step in your logic. (which is why I am asking you about this.) :scratchin

I don’t quite understand either.
My daughter needs a wheelchair because she can’t walk and having the wheelchair is enough for some attractions.
But, she also has DAS for additional physical issues that the wheelchair is not enough for and also for sensory/other disabilities that prevent her from being able to wait in the regular lines.

There are a lot of headliners she can’t do, but some like Soarin’ and Test Track are her favorites.

Also , I don't like the stink-eye I sometimes get because I don't have a lot of trouble getting on and off of ECVs, and walking short distances.

Another alternative is a little cane chair that I could bring so I would have instant seating pretty much anywhere I would like to have it. Would it be possible to use that effectively with a DAS? Or, If I had that would I just continue to use the ECV/Wheelchair ride entrances and just not worry about getting a DAS? I've actually done pretty well with a full day of museums, etc. using the cane chair.WDW is a lot more walking than that, though.
For avoiding the stink eye, we rented from Gold Mobility this last time and the scooters are fancy enough that people pay attention to the fact that you have built in cell phone charging, a fan, a cup holder, a phone holder, under carriage lighting that they don't have time to give you a dirty look.... seriously, I only had one person take issue and that was because I was going around them since they were walking at a snail's pace and no one was in front of them, I really wasn't going any faster than an average walking speed.

As for the cane chair, I am not sure about at Disney World, but I know they are a prohibited item at Disneyland and you either let security confiscate it or you have to take it back to your car/room/etc., So double check if they are allowed at Disney World first.

I don’t quite understand either.
My daughter needs a wheelchair because she can’t walk and having the wheelchair is enough for some attractions.
But, she also has DAS for additional physical issues that the wheelchair is not enough for and also for sensory/other disabilities that prevent her from being able to wait in the regular lines.

There are a lot of headliners she can’t do, but some like Soarin’ and Test Track are her favorites.
I definitely don't understand, I have an issue that let's just say if it hit you wouldn't want me in the middle of a queue, but is manageable with the DAS given that I can return any time after the return time. And that is a problem with FP, sometimes I can't return within the specified time window if my issue hits. My point is this issue in no way prevents me from riding any of the rides (I have other issues that do that, but the reason I need the DAS does not), although it does limit when I can do some of the longer attractions.

I definitely don't understand, I have an issue that let's just say if it hit you wouldn't want me in the middle of a queue, but is manageable with the DAS given that I can return any time after the return time. And that is a problem with FP, sometimes I can't return within the specified time window if my issue hits. My point is this issue in no way prevents me from riding any of the rides (I have other issues that do that, but the reason I need the DAS does not), although it does limit when I can do some of the longer attractions.

Sounds like your issue isn't a mobility issue then? that's the point people were trying to make - mobility issues don't fall under DAS because the DAS doesn't do anything to help with standing, sitting, moving, etc.

Sounds like your issue isn't a mobility issue then? that's the point people were trying to make - mobility issues don't fall under DAS because the DAS doesn't do anything to help with standing, sitting, moving, etc.
Right, I was referring to a person who said they thought those who need a DAS can't possibly do headline attractions. There are also some mobility issues for me, but that is a separate deal not related to needing a DAS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter