December Weather

chefski

Mouseketeer
Hi we have had our trip postponed several times from the UK, but have now booked for December I was planning on going to Discovery Cove on the 16th December but then it struck me what temperature will it be?

Will it be rather cold for swimming with Dolphins?

Your thoughts would help :)

I've been in December to Orlando (not Sea World) a few times and the weather was variable. I remember sunny warm days (70's) and also chilly and rainy days (50's). I think it's likely the temp would be ok but you could hit a cold snap. Since SW offers this in December you'd think they'd be somehow prepared for their guests not to freeze if it's chilly out!

I've been in December to Orlando (not Sea World) a few times and the weather was variable. I remember sunny warm days (70's) and also chilly and rainy days (50's). I think it's likely the temp would be ok but you could hit a cold snap. Since SW offers this in December you'd think they'd be somehow prepared for their guests not to freeze if it's chilly out!
Thanks I think its a bit hit or miss by the sounds of it. My 2 boys turn blue in a swimming pool LOL (not much meat on their bones)

December could be summertime hot, or it could be pretty darn chilly......it's a bit of a crap shoot. You are almost guaranteed that the early morning will be noticeably cooler than the afternoon, when the sun is at it's strongest.

That said, we've been to DC in January and they have things in place to help keep guests comfy in the cooler weather. The wet suits are designed to keep you warm when you're in the water, so on a cold day, go with the full-length version. Some water areas (specifically the Wind Away River and Freshwater Oasis) are bath-water warm, and good places to spent time on a colder day. There will be large heaters around the outdoor dining area to warm up guests when it's time to eat.

The dolphin pool is kept consistently cooler for the health and comfort of the animals. That water will be the same level of cool regardless of what time of year you visit. It's the air temperature that will getcha, not the temperature of the water.

December could be summertime hot, or it could be pretty darn chilly......it's a bit of a crap shoot. You are almost guaranteed that the early morning will be noticeably cooler than the afternoon, when the sun is at it's strongest.

That said, we've been to DC in January and they have things in place to help keep guests comfy in the cooler weather. The wet suits are designed to keep you warm when you're in the water, so on a cold day, go with the full-length version. Some water areas (specifically the Wind Away River and Freshwater Oasis) are bath-water warm, and good places to spent time on a colder day. There will be large heaters around the outdoor dining area to warm up guests when it's time to eat.

The dolphin pool is kept consistently cooler for the health and comfort of the animals. That water will be the same level of cool regardless of what time of year you visit. It's the air temperature that will getcha, not the temperature of the water.
Thanks that's great info I will pass it on to the wife (bearing in mind she feels cold when we visit in November lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter