December 2021

I just showed your post to my daughter and she hadn’t thought about that! She said her senior portrait can be with Mickey ears in front of the castle.

Now I didn't think of that! I'm going to run the senior portrait idea by my daughters. Thanks!!

I am looking to go in December. I am so confused by the fact that hotel availability is so open during Christmas week but the rest of November and December are pretty much booked solid!

Since the reservation calendar is still around will capacity still be a thing in December? Or will we be looking at a normal Christmas week?

We are booked! I’m following the November and December threads since we are going to be there 11/28-12/3. We rented DVC points for a split stay - three nights at AKL Kidani and two nights at SSR. My sis and I are planning a more relaxed trip this year for our husbands; they love hanging on the patio at AKL and chilling at bars or around the World Showcase, so we decided against hoppers and will balance one park each day with some down time. We are planning two visits each to AK and Epcot, one day at HS, and our last day at MK to soak in the Christmas decorations, plus a couple of evenings sprinkled in at DS. I‘m super excited to experience the Festival of the Holidays for the first time!

We ended up booking Dec 18-26, just me and my 9-year-old. I am so excited! We are staying Pop from Dec 18-21 and SSR 21-26.... unless we can rent points for 18-21.

I am also really nervous about Christmas crowds.... it is said capacity will be back to 100 percent by the :(

Heads up — it looks as if WL may have opened some availability for late November - early December. No guarantees, but it’s worth checking if you’ve been trying to find a room.

I’d been trying for two months to modify two existing WL reservations into one and was finally able to do that today. Also saw availability that wasn’t there before in other room categories.

Heads up — it looks as if WL may have opened some availability for late November - early December. No guarantees, but it’s worth checking if you’ve been trying to find a room.

I’d been trying for two months to modify two existing WL reservations into one and was finally able to do that today. Also saw availability that wasn’t there before in other room categories.

I noticed that yesterday, as I've been checking to see if anything else has opened up for my dates. Keeping my fingers crossed that AKL opens up by Autumn.

Following, as we are biting the bullet on cost and crowds and heading to the YC Christmas Day through 1/2/22! It's DH and me, along with DS14 and DD11.

Anyone know whether there is a separate group for just that week, given the unique crowd and traffic/transportation issues? Thanks!!

Following, as we are biting the bullet on cost and crowds and heading to the YC Christmas Day through 1/2/22! It's DH and me, along with DS14 and DD11.

Anyone know whether there is a separate group for just that week, given the unique crowd and traffic/transportation issues? Thanks!!
Thats a big bullet to bite... That time of year is typically crazy crazy, Im sure it will be a fun time though!

We booked last week for 12/10-17 at WL. we are actually split into two groups, so half of us at WL and the other half at CBR.

I actually went ahead and made park pass reservations yesterday just in case.

Well, Southwest released fares through December and I’m not happy with their prices. I’ll check daily but unless they come down, we will be road tripping. It’s about 12 hours (plus stops) for us. We’ve done it plenty of times, but I do prefer to fly. Plus I wanted to ride the DME one last time.

Well, Southwest released fares through December and I’m not happy with their prices. I’ll check daily but unless they come down, we will be road tripping. It’s about 12 hours (plus stops) for us. We’ve done it plenty of times, but I do prefer to fly. Plus I wanted to ride the DME one last time.

I saw that too. I am hoping (pretty please!) that they have a sale later that lowers the overall price. I guess I will wait and see. I have a family group going (9 adults, 2 littles) so anything will be helpful.

I saw that too. I am hoping (pretty please!) that they have a sale later that lowers the overall price. I guess I will wait and see. I have a family group going (9 adults, 2 littles) so anything will be helpful.
I have been checking frequently and they are going up. Lol. I hope you get your airline tickets. That’s a big group for a road trip!

Got my airfare booked the other day! And then had switch around my park reservations because I was hoping to have a park day on departure day, but the times ended up working out to giving me a park day on arrival day instead. Now I just need Disney to release the plans for holiday stuff so I can actually put real plans in place.

Haven't found a thread for those of us planning or booked for a Christmastime trip. My wife and I have booked a December 18th thru December 30th trip. We are staying at Pop Century since we spend from early am to late pm out in the parks. All we need is a bed and a shower! We were glad to hear fireworks will be back and hope that indoor shows will also return soon certainly by mid December. We are also awaiting the new Cirque de Soleil show. What are you planning or waiting to see if it reopens by December?

We are going Dec 11-18. We would also like to see the new Cirque de Soleil show. Have never seen one of their showes. Glad to hear that the fireworks will be back. We missed them last Dec when we were there.

I got plane tickets booked the other day and ended up adding one more day to the beginning of the trip! We'll be staying December 12-18 now. I'm excited to see what kind of Christmas party or after-hours event is announced.

I got plane tickets booked the other day and ended up adding one more day to the beginning of the trip! We'll be staying December 12-18 now. I'm excited to see what kind of Christmas party or after-hours event is announced.
Woo hoo! It’sa great time. We’ll be there then as well. Where are you staying

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter