December 2020 W.I.S.H. - Finding Delight

For probably five years/trips Yak and Yeti was in the rotation, I’d usually get the sweet and sour chicken. Last time I was there it was awful, the sauce tasted like it had come right out of a jar and was thick and gloppy and not very sour. I got an email from the manager after the trip saying he hoped I had enjoyed my meal ( maybe because I have a Landry’s card?), and I had to say no I didn’t.

Last time I was there during Food and Wine I tried the spicy hotdog with pineapple salsa. Omg... and the rummy dole whip was perfect with it. I had it twice that trip and was going to have it a couple times in my canceled March trip because it was being offered again for Flower and Garden. The other thing that is 100% calorie worth it is the fresh bread with nori in it and house made butter at Flying Fish.

Where did the week go? Hope everyone had a relaxing break. I got 99% of my Christmas things put away, the biggest being taking down the tree and getting it to the curb for our borough to collect. So tomorrow I will put dinner in the slow cooker and relax. I do hope to walk before the football games start.

Another item I would add to the list would be using moisturizer or hand lotion. I guess that counts as skin care, though. Between washing my hands constantly in this cold weather my hands are looking awful. I found a bottle of Aveeno and will keep it by the sink. I should have some to leave in the car as well.

Enjoy the day, everyone!

I think I've got a good handle on this list - 10/11!

Start a Journal - I've been keeping a "One Line a Day" journal for about five years now, and I love it! They sell fancy ones, but I just made mine from a composition book.
Enjoy Nature’s Beauty - I get outside most days thanks to an insistent cat.
Get More Sunlight - I'll definitely miss my usual winter trip to Florida, but I do have one of those Beurer lamps, and gave two as Christmas gifts.
Stay In and Get Cozy - I think we've all mastered this one in 2020!
Connect with Friends - I just reconnected with an old friend over Christmas, and I texted with several people on Friday that I haven't chatted with in a while.
Savor a Hot Drink - My morning coffee is a stable ritual. (Interestingly, it's decaf, and if I have a "real" coffee is in the early afternoon. I highly recommend the book "The Power of When" - which explains this in detail.)
Get a Flu Shot - Did that in October.
Get Some Exercise - Thanks to another thread on this very WISH board, I walk on the treadmill for about 20 minutes most evenings. I have been watching "Once Upon a Time" on Disney+ and use it for motivation. (I start an episode on the iPad while I walk, and then finish it while flipping the dishwasher and doing the hand dishes.)
Get Creative with Arts and Crafts - I got out my scrapbooking stuff just yesterday!
Treat Yourself to Good Skin Care - I don't know about "good" (as in, it's not expensive stuff) but I have been careful to use my hand cream because of all the washing, and I have several scattered around the house so it's convenient.

Links:
sunlight lamp / book / January exercise thread

Last edited:
I sort of feel like writing to you guys is like my form of journaling. Does this count?

I really need to force myself to get outside more...even when it’s cold! The sunlight and fresh air are so good! I’m going to try to go for my quick lap around the building tomorrow once kids are dismissed. I like making that small walk part of my routine.

I’ve pretty much followed the “stay in and get cozy” all break! So many movies watched...but not enough movement. I finished a book and started the new Janet Evanovich 27. @Summer2018 did you read it yet?

Got my flu shot and just waiting to hear when I can get my COVID vaccine shot too!

I have continued my workouts (not always in the morning and definitely not as early as usual during break, but I’ll get back on schedule tomorrow).

Have a relaxing Sunday everyone!

1. Start a journal...After reading the book, GIRL WASH YOUR FACE, by Rachel Hollis, I started a journal. The problem is that I find it hard to stick to it and maintain it. It is something that would probably benefit me. I may try again.
2. Natures Beauty, Get more Sunlight, & Get some Exercise...Below is my view when I walk on the beach.
This week, on the days that it wasn't raining, DD and I walked there. Right now there aren't too many people there, but as it warms up, it gets crowded. Then I have to stop going. For now though, I get there weather permitting.

3. Therapy...I did it early in my marriage, and should the need arise, I have no problem pursuing it.
4. Stay in and get cozy...I have reached expert level.
5. Connect with friends...I recently friended a childhood friend on FaceBook.
6. Savor a hot drink...My morning coffee is the nectar of the gods. I brew my own Dunkin Donuts regular coffee, add one tsp. of raw sugar and half 'n' half.
7. Flu Shot...Done in October.
8. Get Creative with Arts & Crafts...I am missing my artistic pursuits tremendously. My artistic bent has always been addressed in the classroom. We did art daily. I look forward to creating more art after I get my vaccine.
9. Treat Yourself to Good Skin Care...I use Elemis products on my face. Not wearing make-up has given my skin a break, but I'm still in serious need of a facial. I use Aveeno on my body, and during the colder months, Clinique Body Butter, which I HIGHLY recommend.
27184F4A-FF06-4D30-A5A5-8B45825F4A01.jpeg

I sort of feel like writing to you guys is like my form of journaling. Does this count?

I really need to force myself to get outside more...even when it’s cold! The sunlight and fresh air are so good! I’m going to try to go for my quick lap around the building tomorrow once kids are dismissed. I like making that small walk part of my routine.

I’ve pretty much followed the “stay in and get cozy” all break! So many movies watched...but not enough movement. I finished a book and started the new Janet Evanovich 27. @Summer2018 did you read it yet?

Got my flu shot and just waiting to hear when I can get my COVID vaccine shot too!

I have continued my workouts (not always in the morning and definitely not as early as usual during break, but I’ll get back on schedule tomorrow).

Have a relaxing Sunday everyone!
I just started the book. So far so good.

Start a Journal - I journal off-and-on and just started a new one.
Enjoy Nature’s Beauty - I am so lucky to live in such a beautiful area and to have easy access to the beach and water. I've recently learned the Norwegian word 'friluftsliv' which roughly translates to"'open air living" or being outside as much as possible, which is an urge I've been having. There is also the Norwegian phrase "Ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær" for "no bad weather, only bad clothes". For some reason I do not have a waterproof raincoat, and so am on the lookout for one.
Get More Sunlight - yes, somewhere I've got a sad light that I need to dig out. And any time we get a sun break I go outside, even if only to stand on the porch, because the sun is precious at this time of year.
Stay In and Get Cozy - This is the counter urge to being outside and I've done a lot of it.
Connect with Friends - It has been very good for the soul to spend time with real people over the holidays.
Savor a Hot Drink - I've been getting into drinking tea, which I have quite a lot of. I need to find the perfect cup/mug to drink from.
Get a Flu Shot - I didn't do this and probably won't, but will get the covid vaccine as soon as I am eligible.
Get Some Exercise - working on this, goes hand-in-hand with living in the open air and having good clothes.
Get Creative with Arts and Crafts - I've been knitting again and it feels good to have my hands working.
Treat Yourself to Good Skin Care - I lather up in body lotion almost everyday, for face I've been out of one of my products and am headed down to our closest store today to hopefully restock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts