December 2019 if SWGE opens in November

Atrain13

Mouseketeer
We have a trip planned the 2nd full week of Dec and I am very open to changing the date to avoid SWGE. We don't go to disney all that often and with 2 young kids, dealing with crazy crowds and long wait times seems horrible to me.
My wife seems to think that people wont pull their kids out of school right after Thanksgiving and right before Christmas.
I'm under the opinion that it's going to be completely crazy no matter the date after GE opens. Am I likely correct in this assumption and wanting to move it towards the end of Oct or Mid November? Or does she have a point that not as many people will go in December because of the holidays?

It will not matter what time of year and if kids are in school. Once SWGE opens it will be very busy for a couple of months if not years, always. Sure there might be a lull later on but for the first 3 to 4 months it will be very hectic.
If you want to completely avoid the opening I would suggest booking for October or September to be sure

Thanksgiving is much closer to the end of November this year. So quite possible that the first week of December will be busier than usual. Colleges will get out one week earlier than the grade schools based on this year's calendar. The week you currently have for December will likely be your safest bet for that entire month.

Halloween week is also becoming a busy time. So I'd say those three weeks in between in November will be your sweet spot.

However this is all VERY dependent on when SWGE will actually open. I'm still convinced they're gonna wait till December to grab those massive crowds. But they could end up surprising us yet. If it does happen sometime in November than you should be able to easily book the week before the actual opening. I'd wait and see what happens.

do you all think GE will help the other parks be much less crowded? will that be a plus for MK, Epcot and DAK?

I think SWGE will crowded even if everyone left their kids in school. There are enough of the 25 - 55 year old Star Wars fans and cosplay fanatics who are going to want to see how "interactive" this new land is really going to be. Is Disney actually going to pull off some kind of great LARPing (Live Action Role Playing) theme park land, or is it just going to be immersive with a bit of story telling?

We have a trip planned the 2nd full week of Dec and I am very open to changing the date to avoid SWGE. We don't go to disney all that often and with 2 young kids, dealing with crazy crowds and long wait times seems horrible to me.
My wife seems to think that people wont pull their kids out of school right after Thanksgiving and right before Christmas.
I'm under the opinion that it's going to be completely crazy no matter the date after GE opens. Am I likely correct in this assumption and wanting to move it towards the end of Oct or Mid November? Or does she have a point that not as many people will go in December because of the holidays?
Since Star Wars has lots of adult fans, if it is open I think it’ll be busy no matter what the school calendar looks like.

Since Star Wars has lots of adult fans, if it is open I think it’ll be busy no matter what the school calendar looks like.

Yeah if I had the finances to pull off a whirlwind trip JUST FOR GE, I'd do so and have placeholder hotel reservations booked for this December. People have been waiting over 40 years for something on this scale. I don't see those crowds dying down anytime soon, I mean unless it's a colossal bomb...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!