Debating Sell to Buy

I would sell BRV now that has till lot of value (even too much for me considering the years left) and buy something with longer shelf life.
I personally love Copper Creek and Animal Kingdom, but things are so personal with DVC resorts :-)
I would skip for the moment Riviera since if you buy resale you will be able to go only there. Direct does not make sense if you already have the blue card.

I also bought BRV around the same time for a great deal. I love Wilderness Lodge, and have some good memories staying there and other resorts with my points. I have thought about selling but I am happy with what I have, and it would probably irk me to pay more for less points at another resort. I am not concerned about 2042, it is actually appealing to know that I don't have an obligation that goes on forever. Curious as to how DVC will handle the transition, when it finally arrives. I am in the process of purchasing a small contract at another resort I love that has a later end date. So, when BRV is gone I can still enjoy Disney on a smaller scale. I may be overpaying-but it's cheaper than direct and I want to use it at that specific resort. I think I will be fine holding on to BRV and enjoying every bit of it and the money I don't have to spend on today's price per point. Twenty more years=a lot of fun trips!

I was able to get 150 pts at BRV back in 2017 for $95/pp. I love the resort. The rooms are some of the better themed ones on property, though I wish some had showers like CCR does.

I was able to get 150 pts at BRV back in 2017 for $95/pp. I love the resort. The rooms are some of the better themed ones on property, though I wish some had showers like CCR does.
I have to agree! I was super happy to pick up 168pts for $94/pp in 2019. We just love the Wilderness Lodge, and BRV has the advantage too of sleeping 5 in the studios!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter