Dear USAA bank customer????

fortheluvofpooh

I believe in fairies, I do, I do!!!!!
this may be budget related, unsure though. I got an email stating my account has been compromised, and then it says inside Dear USAA bank customer. ........ login to repair this problem..... yadda yadda yadda...

seems like scam written all over it to me especially since I don't have a USAA bank acct.

this may be budget related, unsure though. I got an email stating my account has been compromised, and then it says inside Dear USAA bank customer. ........ login to repair this problem..... yadda yadda yadda...

seems like scam written all over it to me especially since I don't have a USAA bank acct.

:lmao: You don't have an account but it's been "compromised"? :rolleyes1 Scam? Ya think? :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I agree that it has to be a scam. I received the same email this morning and I don't have an account with them. Never even heard of them in our area!

Paula

I'm a USAA member and it is definitely a scam. They do not contact members via email for fraud alerts, and there is a warning on their web page about it.

That sounds like scam - I get the same type of e-mail from "Bank of America" and I have never had a card with them and have never banked with them either. I also get them once & a while from ebay/paypal and I have never used that either.

Definitely a scam.

I love them.

I get them for all kinds of banks none of whom I have accounts with.

I do try to forward the e-mail to the spam tracking department at the bank. I always get a thank you letter from them. But they're funny sometimes because they tell me to call the bank and close and reopen my accounts.

Definitely a scam.

I love them.

I get them for all kinds of banks none of whom I have accounts with.

I do try to forward the e-mail to the spam tracking department at the bank. I always get a thank you letter from them. But they're funny sometimes because they tell me to call the bank and close and reopen my accounts.

this. I also got one for UPS the other day, and got 2 responses... the second was from an actual person and was telling me how it was fraud and they never send this out etc... like the first automated one... and um, I sent it to the fraud dept because it was fraud! Though it was nice of them to have an actual customer service rep respond.

I have been a USAA member for many years, and unfortunately, their brand has been used in some online scamming (since the bulk of their business is done by phone or online).

Here's a list of scams from the (real) USAA website.

BUDGET TIP: For those who are eligible (active/reserve/retired military as well as honorably discharged veterans), check-out their insurance and banking products -- you could find yourselves saving a ton of money!

I like to respond to these emails and give them fictitious information right back. Like my name is Jane Doe, I live at 123 Main Street, Anytown, USA. :laughing:

I like to respond to these emails and give them fictitious information right back. Like my name is Jane Doe, I live at 123 Main Street, Anytown, USA. :laughing:

I wouldn't encourage anyone to take a page from Gr8t Fan's book -- more often than not, just by "visiting" the bogus website, you may be setting your PC up for a "trojan horse".

Next thing you know, your beloved machine that you surf "The DIS" with becomes yet, another sluggish cyber-zombie...

I wouldn't encourage anyone to take a page from Gr8t Fan's book -- more often than not, just by "visiting" the bogus website, you may be setting your PC up for a "trojan horse".

Next thing you know, your beloved machine that you surf "The DIS" with becomes yet, another sluggish cyber-zombie...

I was just going to say that.

I've never had a problem but I have a good antivirus program and scan my computer daily so YMMV.

I got the same email and just hit delete...one I'm not a usaa customer, and two it was in my yahoo account which I only use to sign up for things online that aren't important. If it's one that says it's from my bank, I'll usually take the time to forward it to their fraud dept, the rest I usually just delete before opening them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter