DD's stolen cell phone

Annie68 said:
Just wondering what you all would do.

We subscribed to Verizon Wireless last August, and got a cell phone for our 13yo DD along with ours. She has been very responsible with it, makes only necessary calls, no problems whatsoever. Last month (5/20) she told me she couldn't find her phone, but that she was "positive" it was somewhere in her room or locker. I immediately went on line to check her number & it showed no calls since our last statement. I should have immediately cancelled/suspended the number, but she seemed so sure it would turn up. Long story short, we went out of town last week and I completely forgot about the phone issue until this morning. Of course, when I went back on the Verizon website I see that someone does have her phone & has made 385 minutes of Peak calls & sent 7 text messages. I called Verizon & they suspended her number, but they tell me they can't give me any of the numbers called until my statement comes out. My question is this....should I report this to the police? I was thinking that when I get the statement with the numbers, that they may be able to figure out who had the phone. My DH says there is no way the police have the time to track down every cell phone thief. I just feel so violated....so mad :mad:. At myself & at the jerk who has her phone. I feel like calling every number on the statement when I get it, to figure out who had it!

This same exact thing happened to us. I remember it was March 27, 2003. My sister had lost her cell phone and she was pretty sure who it was that stole it. My parents of course cancelled the number right away so that she couldn't use her phone. But then we found out the next day that the stupid company cancelled my phone number instead of my sisters. So my phone didn't work that whole day, and this girl had the whole day to make phone calls to at least 8 people! We obviously reported it to the police and the police called all the numbers and most of these girls "friends" confessed that it was her. So my sister was right about who it was, and she had just stolen it right out of her backpack. They brought it to court but it was really useless. This girl had so many other charges against her from beating up girls, that it would take forever to actually get her in trouble for what she did. My sister ended up getting a replacement phone (which was cheaper and worse than the one that was stolen) and I don't think we had to pay for the phone calls this girl made.

drgnfly30 said:
At least yours would come out if there were evidence... 2 years ago we had the windows smashed out of our car... one of the 'weapons' was a beer bottle that was laying in the front seat... we called the police, even told them they might be able to get prints off of the bottle.. .they took a phone report & never bothered to send anyone out.
YIKES!!!! That really would have been too much for me!!!!! So irritating..... :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter