DDP vs Gift Card

can you do this with snacks/drinks/quick service too? Or is it just TS restaurants?
Yes. You can charge at all quick service, gift shops and most of the drink/ snack carts. I didn’t have any problem at all. I even charged vitamin water back to the room. I may even go bagless next time!

I may even go bagless next time!
we're going bagless, too. We don't have kids, we're staying on site. + With magic bands, there's no need to carry money! Slap on the spf in the room and if you need to change clothes, it's just a bus/monorail/boat ride away. We've got 8 days so there's really no rush for us

We did the gift card thing, but that's partially because we had 2 2credit restaurants on the agenda and we were planning on 2 character breakfasts and were with an under 3 who eats like she's over 3. Sooooo we were paying OOP for her food at the non AYCTE restaurants anyway.

I can appreciate not wanting to worry about price, but I eat differently than what's included in the plan. I think I ate 2 appetizers as my lunch at 50s PrimeTime cafe....

I figure nothing's worse than my bar bill on a 4 day disney cruise....

We have done cash or dining plan. I prefer dining plan and even get the deluxe one. It's all already paid for ... I don't have to look at prices on the menu, etc. We like to eat a lot of signature meals so we end up eating two meals a day on the plan and it works great. The kids notoriously want a drink that they will drink two sips of, so having the snacks prepaid is nice as well ... DH might not kill them when they throw away half a coke :-)

Neither! Just use a debit or credit card. If you put all of that money on a Disney gift card and don't use all of it, it's of no use to you until your next trip. You will likely save more money by just using your debit/credit card and ordering whatever your heart desires.

Welp, bf intervened. He could tell my research had gone from FUN to daunting real quick.
I have this obsessive way about me, esp regarding food:sad2:
So he told me he didn't care if we didn't "max out" every credit. He said my idea of getting the 5% off via a target redcard would save us $167 on the entire vacation; therefore making up any "money lost" thru the DDP.
He also told me he doesn't care about his appetizers because at dinner (if allowed) we can sub 1 dessert for an app, share that, then share the 1 leftover dessert :lovestruc
He also reminded me that this is my 30th bday present so I should stop stressing.
So, decision is made. Paying for the DDP with discounted gift cards

I'm sure you'll live, you can always purchase the appetizer. :p
sorry if that came off as rude lol I just read it and thought it was a bit abrasive. But that was not my intent :)
And you're right, bf also said he didn't mind paying OOP for a few things. Again, how the frig did I get so lucky?!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter