DDP no ADR - Am I mad ?

hunty

Mouseketeer
Hi All
Not sure if this is a good idea or not, only time will tell.

Just checking out of Sartoga springs where we have been for 5 free nights thanks to our DVC add on for BLT:cool1: , Very nice place but still prefer our home of Old Key West.

We are checking into BLT today for 4 days and I have booked DDP for the 2 of us, however I havent got any ADR:rolleyes1

I am assuming I will be fine, my DW is not in a panic yet:rotfl2: I just assume she is too happy to be checking into a MK view of BLT:banana:

I will let you know my experience, I have never had DDP as we like to eat out of Disney , this is our 2nd visit year and I keep seeing everyone getting great value of DDP , but my view is you are stuck in Disney thats why I thought lets try it for 4 days if it doesnt work out its not the end of the world I guess.

Wish me luck:thumbsup2

Hope you enjoy your DDP experience. We tried it for 1st time last month for 16 nights, very surprised how much we enjoyed it, although we really missed eating at our usual places offsite it made a change trying Disney Dining. DS wants to do it again next August if the SSR/OKW deal comes back. We don't mind, either offsite or onsite. For us its not worth paying for DDP but it was a positive experience for free.

we too just got back from trying it for the first time and had a couple of days with nothing booked and managed to walk up to le cellier! also got the turf club and chefs de france as walk ups

enjoy it

You should find it fairly easy to get ADRS for lunchtimes in resort hotels. We phoned and got ADRS on the day from our hotel on our last trip too :thumbsup2

If I were you I'd check with customer services for ADR availability ASAP - when you check in if possible. Given you've paid for DDP you want to get some value out of it, and it would be a shame to waste what you've paid for on restaurants you don't really want to go to.

Just to give you an update, we had lunch at the Contemporary which was more food than we would normally have:rotfl: didnt realise I had to use all my lunch at once:lmao:

I have taken your advice and dialed from my room Dinning to book tonight but before it answered I asked my DW where she would liek to go, answer I don't know.:rotfl2:, ok What time would you like to eat, answer again I dont know:rotfl2:

What about tomorrow night I asked, guess what same answer:mad:

So I put the phone down, we are back off into MK, and if we eat or not tonight and where we eat is still a Mystery to me.:rolleyes:

Quick update

Had fruit bowl as a snack for breakfast from the Contemporary, DW had the milk to make her porridge back in the room whilst I went to play golf :cool1:,

Lunch at wilderness lodge 1 counter meal with desert to share! popcorn:: and then.... walked up to the Wave at 8pm to see if we could get a table for 2 , sat at the bar for 1 drink before we were seated at 8:20pm

Must say the food was excellent and the service too. Could not eat all the food :confused3, would really recommend this restaurant

so day 1 a success in profit and carry forward 1 counter service to tomorrow:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter