DDP for one day... worth it?

Mkarcar

Earning My Ears
I'm new to the dining plan and trying to see if this would be cost effective.
We will be traveling as 5 Adults AND 1 Child for one night.
We have dinner booked at the new Topolinos at RR resort. So I figured it is 2 TS credits (and trying to compare menu cost with California Grill).
I can't figure how it would work, we would have enough credits for two entrees but then would not have enough credits for a third adult or child.
Is it better just to forget DDP for this scenario?

How many people are going to dinner? If you’re doing the regular dining plan, you’ll have six TS credits, what are you going to do with the quick service credits or the snack credits, and do you all need a mug? If you’re doing the deluxe plan, then you’ll have 18 credits. This would allow all six of you to eat there as a two credit restaurant, and have six credits left over, perhaps for a character breakfast? You still have lots of snacks and six mugs.

We would be 5adults and 1 child. We would use the QS credits the next day for lunch. I'm just wondering, if we do the standard plan, I could probably only get two of us at the signature dining but then I would be left with one adult and one child TS credit since I can't combine the two for the signature dining. The deluxe plan would be to mush for just the one day. So I'm debating to pay OOP or try dining plan.

And that scenario, I don’t think the regular plan would work. But, if you’re at all interested in doing a character breakfast, you might price out the deluxe plan.

We regularly book one night stays followed by a separate reservation for the balance of our trip in order to do one night on the deluxe plan. It is the only way to get great value out of any dining plan. Per person, you receive 3 TS credits + 2 snacks + refillable mugs AND those meals come with an alcoholic beverage and an appetizer. The credits are good until midnight of check out day. At about $117 per person, it is an exceptional value- but only for one night.

I'm new to the dining plan and trying to see if this would be cost effective.
We will be traveling as 5 Adults AND 1 Child for one night.
We have dinner booked at the new Topolinos at RR resort. So I figured it is 2 TS credits (and trying to compare menu cost with California Grill).
I can't figure how it would work, we would have enough credits for two entrees but then would not have enough credits for a third adult or child.
Is it better just to forget DDP for this scenario?

I woudl book the deluxe pla. You woudl have enought credits for all of you to eat dinner, that nght, and would have enough for all of you to book a nice lunch or dinner the following day. You would also each have two snack credits to use in the park for a breakfast type snack.

I do not see how the regular DDP will be if use to you if your preference is a 2 credit meal.

I agree with Dlx plan. That is my favorite for a one day stay. Do dinner at Topolinos and then maybe a late character breakfast. I like to do a Cali Grill dinner and the late Bon Voyage breakfast the following day. Or I use that 3rd credit for the Fantasmic package at the Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!