DDP for 18 month old

gabbysmom04

DIS Veteran
My DS is 18 months old and huge piggy! We have the DP for Sept for our DD 3 but want to add it for DS. Could I just change his name on the res. and buy him the one day park pass? I would have him share with his sister but she only likes mac and cheese and he loves real food! We are going to be there from sept 7-24 so sharing their meals might get old! :)

Yes, you can get him on the plan...but only by listing him as 2 years old which means that you need to pay park admission on him.....It's cheaper just to buy the food.

Actually, it's 3 years old rather than 2, when they start getting charged.

OP--I'm guessing you're talking about adding him for free dining?;)

In that case, I think one problem you may have is that they probably have him already in the system as one years old. I would imagine they would get suspicious if suddenly he is three....during free dining. Also, if he is three now, he'll always be two years older in their records. So if you're planning on going back in a year, you might end up having to buy him park tickets. Another issue, supposedly during free dining everyone in the party needs to be present at check in. Will your 18 month old pass for a three year old? PLUS even with the free dining--it still probably would be cheaper to pay out of pocket, and not have to buy the park tickets. The kids meals are pretty cheap; I think even at TS restaurants they are only like $7.00 or 8.00. And remember at buffets and family-style meals kids under 3 eat free! So if you have any of those, you'll be set!

And--for park tickets, everyone in your package has to have the same park tickets. So, for instance, if you have AP's or 10 day tickets or whatever, your son what have to get those tickets too in order to add DDP. So it wouldn't work to buy him just a one-day park ticket, and then get him into the parks free the rest of the time. So, financially, you'd be much better off just buying his meals OOP.

Thank you for your posts! We are only buying a 1 day pass because we buy AP, We are just putting the pass towards the cost of the AP. So tickets will not be an issue. The chech in brings up a good point though. I had been thinking that no one at the park gates would think he was even close to 3! We just got back with DD who will be three in 3 weeks and no one even asked us about a ticket for her!

I would just arrange your meals so that you are mostly doing buffets for TS. Your DS will be able to eat as much as he wants of whatever he wants.

Also, DH and I found that two adult CS meals fed our family of 5 just fine. I think if you and your DH order CS carefully there will be more than enough food to feed you both plus your DS.

It would be cheaper to pay OOP. He'll eat free at buffets and family style meals. Most other TS kids meals are $7.50 and CS meals are $4.

You should even be able to supliment his kids meals with a bit of your and your DH's food. Having an ap and dessert each, in addition to an entree is quite a bit. And at CS, a dbl cheeseburger & fries, with a lg coke AND dessert? I am getting bloated just thinking about it. There's also half-chicken meals w/ potatoes and veg at the MK and AK:goodvibes Even if you are a fam with healthy appetites all around, you should be fine:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter