DDP and ADR's

ilovefh

Is it Disney time yet?
We're using the DDP for the first time in the end of June. Someone on another thread mentioned that if you cancel and ADR that you were going to use the DDP that you will lose the credits. Is this the case? I like making ADRs but if we can't get there or cancel I don't want to lose the TS credit.

Thanks!

No you do not lose any credits by canceling, if you do it on time.

I don't know about if you are a no show. But I assume you don't lose the credit then either. Can anyone Confirm?

As a general rule Disney does not automatically deduct TS credits if you miss or cancel an ADR. (Not guaranteeing that it's never happened, but if it did, it should be something you could get corrected via your hotel front desk or guest services.) Now, there are some TS places (Fantasmic Dining Pkg for example) that require a credit card to book your ADR even if you plan to pay for that meal with DDP credits, and if you miss or fail to cancel at least 48 hrs. in advance your credit card will be charged (but no DDP credits should be deducted). For all other TS places, missing or canceling your ADR results in no penalty (in fact, canceling your ADR as soon as you know you aren't going to make it is the courteous thing to do).

However, because TS dining is so popular now, if you miss or cancel an ADR, especially at the last minute, you run the risk of not being able to find a replacement place/time that works for you. I would guess that this is what was meant in the other thread - depending on your flexibility (or more accurately, lack thereof), you might effectively lose the ability to use the TS credit you had intended to use at the ADR you canceled.

We actually made ADRs for every dinner (6 nights) and three lunches for our upcoming trip during free dining, although about half our planned meals are 2 TS credit meals. We figure that either we make them all and pay for some of them OOP (we have to pay for V&A's OOP regardless) or we decide we're just too tired and cancel one or two that afternoon... but we'll still be able to use up all our TS credits.

We're not sure we'll use up all our CS credits since we're such big fans of TS. (I think on our last trip we had exactly 1 CS meal in a week!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter