DDE experience

married@wdw

DIS Veteran
I just had to rave about our expereince with DDE! It saved us hundreds of dollars and was SO easy to use! We had the letter and I just showed it with my driver's license at each meal.

We just got back yesterday from a 10-day trip with our family of 7 adults and 4 kids (unless otherwise noted onthe list below). I can't believe how great it worked out. We didn't have a bad meal in the bunch. I haven't figured the total savings yet, but it was at $170 after the first three days which more than covered the $50 for the card and the $75 price difference to upgrade a 5-day hopper to an AP (with DVC discount).

No one gave me a problem with there being 11 instead of 10 -- the only place they even mentioned it was at O'hana because there were 16 of us, but my MIL had a DDE card too, so they split the bill with my 11 on one and everybody else on the other.

I do have to say that I was shocked at the prices at Narcoossee's! The meal was excellent, but there wasn't an entree under $30, with a few topping $50. And an appetizer caesar salad was $9! I should really have checked allears menus on this one -- I KNOW it wasn't this expensive when we were there January '04. I don't mind spending that kind of money on myself, but I felt bad for my 12-year-old nephew who is used to eating off the adult menu - he wanted steak and lobster tail ($54), but got pasta marinara ($6). The food was excellent though!!! We were less than happy with the blocked view of the fireworks because people were on the patio as well -- with the prices they charge, they should really rope it off, since people can walk down to the boat dock for the same view and it's less than 50 feet away.

Our meals:
1/19 -- China (sitdown)
1/20 -- Olivia's for breakfast (just three adults), GF tea (5 adults, 2 kids), Boma
1/21 -- Grand Floridian Cafe
1/22 -- Whispering Canyon Cafe
1/23 -- Le Cellier (DH, self, in-laws), O'hana (12 adults, 4 kids)
1/24 -- Wolfgang Puck's
1/25 -- Planet Hollywood, Cape May Cafe
1/26 -- Olivia's (5 adults, 2 kids), CRT (4 adults, 1 kid), Narcoosee's (5 adults, 2 kids)
1/27 -- Kona Cafe breakfast

Any questions?

I'm leaving on Thursday and one of the restaurants I'm trying for the first time is China. What did you have? How was it?

:)

I'm not the OP but we enjoy the Nine Dragons each time we go. They have a dinner for two that is a good deal, soup, appetizers/dimsum and two entrees. We get the honey sesame chicken each time. When we were there in October they also had kump pao chicken on the special, menu had changed this time. Since I rreally loved it (it's very spicy though ) DH ordered the sesame chicken, and we ordered another sesame chicken for the girls to split, thenI ordered Kung Pao and egg rolls seperately. They have sweet & sour chicken and fried rice on their kids menu, FYI.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to trying it. My boyfriend wanted me to try some new places this trip since he hasn't been there in over 20 years and I've been there almost once a year for the past 20 years! :banana:

Be sure to check out www.allearsnet.com and go to the dining section. Click on the menus,you can see pretty up tp date menus from most if not all of the restaurants, both sit down and counter service. We also enjo the new england clambake at Cape May. they have otehr stuff as well, fabulous dessert bar, Ohana is good too. This trip we're trying Rose & Crown for lunch, have you eaten there?

We had the stir-fried shrimp with garden vegetables, honey sesame chicken and fried rice with ham, chicken and shrimp. All were fantastic! My husband HAS to go to Nine Dragons every trip for the honey sesame chicken -- it's his favorite!

Rose and Crown for lunch is great. I had the Guiness Stew, it was amazing and a huge portion. We have eaten at Cape May and I liked it, but I know it's not my boyfriends thing. We're also eating at Spoodles for dinner and breakfast, Nine Dragon's for lunhc, Alfredo's for dinner, San Angel for lunch, Marrakesh for dinner and Shula's for dinner. I've been to all of them many times except Shula's and Nine Dragons. I can't wait..we leave Thursday afternoon!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter