DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Saturday, gents. Trying to book meals and choose park days for our trip. Wife and DD2 are out of town so it's up to DD1 and me to get it done. We're using private transportation this trip from MCO to BCV. In the process of selecting one now. We'll use Mears Connect for the trip back to MCO.

Ron, Disney Commando, passed away a few weeks ago after years of bad health, and his Family is left with a ton of medical bills. Rachel, is a member of the DisWives Facebook page started by our Dear Friend Angie Hicks ❤️ Please help this wonderful family. 🛐

https://gofund.me/689be007
And I got a link that connected me to some gaming site. :confused3

Greetings DisDads,

I wanted to share my upcoming 70th birthday trip to Disney with you.
This trip is rather sudden for us, mostly because, well, to tell the truth, we weren’t sure if I would be available to do anything for my birthday… but everything turned out well, like always, so we booked the trip.
We’ll fly in early Tuesday the 4th and will head directly to Magic Kingdom. We have booked the fireworks dessert party at night and that’s all we have scheduled so far. Hopefully we can get Skipper’s for lunch. Wednesday the 5th we are doing Epcot and at this point we don’t have anything scheduled, hoping to get a dining package for the New Fireworks show.
So if you can meet up with us at anytime, please come along and join the fun and celebrate my Birthday Bash. Jodi, Rachel, Allison and I would love to see you. Free Hugs to all that show up!

Morning, Fellas! Everyone doing well, I hope? Everything's going well here. Took the DD to a local theater company to see Legally Blonde the Musical, the DW was at a gig so couldn't go. That was an amazing production and I'm so glad to have seen it. Not much planned for this weekend. The DW, DMiL and DD will be heading off Cape to visit family graves this afternoon, so I'll have the afternoon to myself. As much as I would love to spend the afternoon relaxing and watching movies, I do have to write a speech for Monday's town Memorial Day Ceremony. I'm a local VFW commander and help plan the town's Memorial Day Ceremony with town's Rec. Dept. Head. This will be my last as I'm giving up the position of Commander, though I somehow suspect I'll be the one to help plan these ceremonies because I have a working relationship with the town.

Outside that, I've got nothing else. Have a good day, everyone.

Greetings DisDads,

This trip is rather sudden for us, mostly because, well, to tell the truth, we weren’t sure if I would be available to do anything for my birthday… but everything turned out well, like always, so we booked the trip.
We’ll fly in early Tuesday the 4th and will head directly to Magic Kingdom. We have booked the fireworks dessert party at night and that’s all we have scheduled so far. Hopefully we can get Skipper’s for lunch. Wednesday the 5th we are doing Epcot and at this point we don’t have anything scheduled, hoping to get a dining package for the New Fireworks show.
So if you can meet up with us at anytime, please come along and join the fun and celebrate my Birthday Bash. Jodi, Rachel, Allison and I would love to see you. Free Hugs to all that show up!

This sounds like a great trip. Can't wait to hear about it.

Everyone doing well, I hope?
What's the opposite of "doing well"?
Took the DD to a local theater company to see Legally Blonde the Musical
Nice!
I'll have the afternoon to myself
And you're not taking advantage of it... shame.

:rolleyes:
I'm a local VFW commander and help plan the town's Memorial Day Ceremony with town's Rec. Dept. Head.
Knew that about you. ::yes::
Hello All.

How's tricks?
Who's this?
You know what's coming...

Howdy y’all…! :wave2:
My name is Steve.
My bra size is…..
Hahaaa…!!!!! 🤣😉 Sorry, couldn’t resist…!!! :D
I’m 61 years old and have been married for 35 years. We currently reside northeast of Austin, Texas in the city of Round Rock, Texas, within walking distance of our 2 young granddaughters home.
We have 3 grown children (29, 31 and 32 years old)…2 daughters, with a special needs son in between.
As mentioned above, we also have 2 young granddaughters, ages 2-and-a-half and 5-and-a-half years old. 😉
I was in architecture for 41+ years, but am currently at home full time helping take care of my terminally ill, invalid 88-year-old MIL.
Our last family WDW trip, with granddaughters and all, was last October. Oldest granddaughter turned 5 while we were there, and our DS turned 31 while we were there.
Our next family WDW trip is comin’ up at the end of June/early July, and our youngest granddaughter will turn 3 while we’re there, so we’re gettin’ her in just under the wire for free again, one last time…!!! :D

Anyway, that’s the overview.
Time for a beer…!!!!! 🍺8-):D😉

Took the DD to a local theater company to see Legally Blonde the Musical, the DW was at a gig so couldn't go.
That's a fun one. Our HS did that a few years ago. They actually used the dog from the Broadway show!
My name is Steve.
Hey there, Steve! That trip is right around the corner!

My name is Steve.
:welcome: to the club, Steve.
Our illustrious leader should be around fairly soon to give you your official number.
Someone should be around to inform you that club dues are payable in bacon or booze or both.
In case no one does.......

Dues are payable in bacon or booze or both
My bra size is…..
Given the average age of this group... this is not an unlikely comment...
We currently reside northeast of Austin, Texas
Hey! So do I! Well, more North than Northeast.
am currently at home full time helping take care of my terminally ill, invalid 88-year-old MIL.
That's tough, man.
Our next family WDW trip is comin’ up at the end of June/early July,
Coming right up. :)
this trip we’re stayin’ at OKW
I've stayed once and really enjoyed it. Hope you will too. :)

Greetings DisDads,

Congratulations on the 70th birthday trip! What better way to spend it is to come to Florida and sweat off a couple pounds. lol. I’m working the 3,4. and 5th. The 5th I’m working from 8:15 to 2:15, yes, these kids are waking me up early Wednesday. lol. I picked up a register shift from a person who really needed that day off, the old man felt bad for her so I took it. Make sure you stop in! I should be on the floor unless I get called into a meeting or they move me.

Somehow missed this. Nice that you're getting to do something fun on a special birthday. :)
but everything turned out well, like always, so we booked the trip.
:thumbsup2
We have booked the fireworks dessert party at night
Which one?
Would love to, but I'm stuck up here North of Austin.

Welcome Steve!
All these people planning trips, I admire you, it’s a bit toasty here. Temps are expected in the high 90s as far out as we can see. Next week we are expecting some much needed rain, not to worry, no wash outs just afternoon Florida thunderstorms. These 100 degree days with no rain dries everything out really quick, don’t need any fires.
Back to the grind today! I have a meeting in the MK above the Emporium at 11. I’m sitting in the parking lot. I had no idea what traffic would be like so I left early. After that, I have a shift 4-12:30. It’s going to be a long day. Probably head over to Springs in between and hang out, get the car out of the sun for a bit.
If I drive home I would have to turn around and head right back so I figured save the gas and aggravation and just stay on property.
Spent the last few days with the family and a picnic with the neighbors. We don’t have weekends or holidays, we have days off. I like working the holidays, they pay well. lol.
The family is just going to spend the day in pool and napping. lol. They went to Jelly Rolls last night, I stayed home, my days of drinking till 11-12 and getting up at 6-7 to go to work are long gone. lol.
Have a nice holiday everyone, enjoy planning those trips. I really miss that part of my life.

My name is Steve.
My bra size is…..
Hahaaa…!!!!! 🤣😉 Sorry, couldn’t resist…!!! :D
I’m 61 years old and have been married for 35 years. We currently reside northeast of Austin, Texas in the city of Round Rock, Texas, within walking distance of our 2 young granddaughters home.
We have 3 grown children (29, 31 and 32 years old)…2 daughters, with a special needs son in between.
As mentioned above, we also have 2 young granddaughters, ages 2-and-a-half and 5-and-a-half years old. 😉
I was in architecture for 41+ years, but am currently at home full time helping take care of my terminally ill, invalid 88-year-old MIL.
Our last family WDW trip, with granddaughters and all, was last October. Oldest granddaughter turned 5 while we were there, and our DS turned 31 while we were there.
Our next family WDW trip is comin’ up at the end of June/early July, and our youngest granddaughter will turn 3 while we’re there, so we’re gettin’ her in just under the wire for free again, one last time…!!! :D

Anyway, that’s the overview.
Time for a beer…!!!!! 🍺8-):D😉
:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Steve! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is 889#!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

Last edited:
Yep, comin’ up quick…!!! 🙂
We stayed at AKL Jambo House last trip, which was new to us, and this trip we’re stayin’ at OKW, which will also be new to us.
The granddaughters can’t stop talkin’ about it…!!! 😊
You have to indoctrinate the kids young! I love AKL but it's too far from the other parks. We've stayed at Kidani 2x and as a resort, it's gorgeous. We had Savannah view both times. Can't beat it.

If I drive home I would have to turn around and head right back so I figured save the gas and aggravation and just stay on property.
Where do you sleep when you stay on property?
They went to Jelly Rolls last night, I stayed home, my days of drinking till 11-12 and getting up at 6-7 to go to work are long gone. lol.
Buck up, soldier! You're letting the team down!

I would too, but this isn't about me right now.

MK still trying Epcot but so far no luck.
Pre, post or during party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter