• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Mornin' gents
Only about another hour to go and then I get my day off... then another midnight shift... then a day off... then back to work on Saturday for the start of my next week.

What day is it today, anyway?

DD and DW decided to rearrange the family room, ok, more the DD, but I was ok with it.
Sofa and blanket forts are always de rigueur.

So I can tell you that we had a lot of fun at Disneyland over 3 days. We didn't spend the money on Genie+ since I have a large family and that price would have added up quickly. That led to some frustration on one day when several rides were down and the lines seemed backed up. My experience was that if you didn't pay the freight, you could basically expect to do about 1 ride per hour. Most of the wait times for just about every ride (except the obscure minor attractions) were 45-60 minutes. I have a feeling that's where Disney wants it, in order to entice you to buy the lightning lanes.

We had better success the next day when we made significant use of the single-rider lines. That seems to be the only cheat code left for avoiding long waits all day. I think if I were planning a Disney trip now and didn't want to pay for Genie+, I'd try and hit a major attraction or two early in the morning, then concentrate on minor attractions/single-rider lines through the peak times, and then try and get more major attractions when the lines shrink in the evening.
We know you’re a slow reader so took it easy for you
Much appreciated.

HEY!

Only about another hour to go and then I get my day off... then another midnight shift... then a day off... then back to work on Saturday for the start of my next week.

tumblr_ps2dyr1GRz1rrkahjo1_500.gifv

So I can tell you that we had a lot of fun at Disneyland over 3 days. We didn't spend the money on Genie+ since I have a large family and that price would have added up quickly. That led to some frustration on one day when several rides were down and the lines seemed backed up. My experience was that if you didn't pay the freight, you could basically expect to do about 1 ride per hour. Most of the wait times for just about every ride (except the obscure minor attractions) were 45-60 minutes. I have a feeling that's where Disney wants it, in order to entice you to buy the lightning lanes.

We had better success the next day when we made significant use of the single-rider lines. That seems to be the only cheat code left for avoiding long waits all day. I think if I were planning a Disney trip now and didn't want to pay for Genie+, I'd try and hit a major attraction or two early in the morning, then concentrate on minor attractions/single-rider lines through the peak times, and then try and get more major attractions when the lines shrink in the evening.
Going to Disney is just getting too hard. And too expensive.

Not going to stop me from going, though. (Yet)
I'm far too impaired from sleep deprivation to hold a gun as steady as that.
(Yes, I noticed that it's shaking.)

Hey, Guys! Having a good week, except when I pulled something in my back, and chest. We have a crawl space upstairs where we store our window A/C units. So I decided to pull them out and put them in the other day, and boy was that a mistake. I did something wrong and wrenched my back (basically getting old and being out of shape). So I got an appointment with my chiropractor and got adjusted and am feeling fine. Then I had to go and buy a toilet. I was able to get the box into my car, and the wife helped me to get it in the house, but am I now feeling it. I really need to hit the gym. Tomorrow, I'm to sore today. Well, heading off to work. Have a good day, guys.

TTFN

Mornin' gents

That's quite the schedule....kind of like a yo yo. Day off: Up. Work: Down.

Today, which is the day after yesterday and the day before tomorrow.

Sofa and blanket forts are always de rigueur.

Of course! I mean, that goes without saying. And since we've rearranged, there's now a bigger spot for the blanket fort.

I've heard this before and wouldn't put it past Disney to do something like this. I hope I'm wrong, but won't hold my breath.

:laughing:

Going to Disney is just getting too hard. And too expensive.

I haven't been in 20 years so I can't comment as to how it is now, but the last time I went I loved just wondering around and deciding what I wanted to ride in the moment. From what I've read, I don't think you can really do that now without losing out on a lot.

Not going to stop me from going, though. (Yet)

I hope it doesn't stop me, though my wife most likely will.

Hey, Guys! Having a good week, except when I pulled something in my back, and chest. We have a crawl space upstairs where we store our window A/C units. So I decided to pull them out and put them in the other day, and boy was that a mistake. I did something wrong and wrenched my back (basically getting old and being out of shape). So I got an appointment with my chiropractor and got adjusted and am feeling fine. Then I had to go and buy a toilet. I was able to get the box into my car, and the wife helped me to get it in the house, but am I now feeling it. I really need to hit the gym. Tomorrow, I'm to sore today. Well, heading off to work. Have a good day, guys.

Take care of yourself, hope you better soon.

except when I pulled something in my back, and chest. We have a crawl space upstairs where we store our window A/C units. So I decided to pull them out and put them in the other day, and boy was that a mistake. I did something wrong and wrenched my back (basically getting old and being out of shape). So I got an appointment with my chiropractor and got adjusted and am feeling fine. Then I had to go and buy a toilet. I was able to get the box into my car, and the wife helped me to get it in the house, but am I now feeling it. I really need to hit the gym. Tomorrow, I'm to sore today. Well, heading off to work. Have a good day, guys.

Attachments

• 7151B14C-31B0-44F0-8EBE-98865127AAFC.jpeg
    7151B14C-31B0-44F0-8EBE-98865127AAFC.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 2
Hope you're feeling okay now.
Back pain is no fun. At all.
That's quite the schedule....kind of like a yo yo. Day off: Up. Work: Down.
If only it were that regular.
I haven't been in 20 years so I can't comment as to how it is now, but the last time I went I loved just wondering around and deciding what I wanted to ride in the moment. From what I've read, I don't think you can really do that now without losing out on a lot.
20 years! I didn't realize it'd been that long.

Hey, Fellas! Stopping by to say hey. Had a good day yesterday at work, was at a primary care office. Today I'll be at pediatrics, love seeing the little kids....so cute. Back is feeling a lot better, it was between the shoulder blades, but the chest? That's different, and I'm not sure what I can do. I'm fine during the day after I get moving, but it's at night that it hurts. I've rolled over and woken myself up from the pain of sleeping wrong. Sucks getting old. Outside that? That's all I've got. Have a good day.

TTFN

Take care of yourself, hope you better soon.

Thanks.

Hope you're feeling okay now.
Back pain is no fun. At all.

Thanks.

If only it were that regular.

Ohhhhh, so sometimes the yo-yo goes down and then stays down?

20 years! I didn't realize it'd been that long.

Yep, 20 years. And according to my last argument I had with my wife it'll be longer...if at all.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter