DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy cold & rainy Thursday. We are back up from arctic temperatures, and return to just miserable fall weather.

Because God forbid they spent it on a raise or two.

::yes::

And espresso is put coffee in tamper, draw water, drink. Press pots are viewed as relatively posh over here, especially after dinner. Instant gets you taken out the back and introduced to the rubber hose. Or it should do.

It's a machine though, and costs way more than a press pot. I think most Americans have percolator coffee pots, while Keurig pods are a trending. I don't consider the press pot fancy, and it's certainly the cheapest. I think it makes the best tasting coffee because no filters are used.

And my day just keeps getting better. Helped the guys in the warehouse move 4 large crates (8' tall x 5' wide x 6' long) into a semi truck. I moved the first one in heading straight to the front of the trailer (putting as much weight on the drive wheels as possible). Well, the driver said, "In the middle." Ok, so I got to the middle of the trailer and dropped the crate. He said, "NO! In the middle all the way forward! Man, you are a bad driver, don't know what you are doing." I looked at him and said, "Dude, you really wanna ago there? You said "In the middle." you did not specify what middle you were referring to." I wasn't mad at all, just thought it was funny. That made my afternoon. I needed a good laugh. I'm still getting a chuckle over it.

Playing on the forklift was fun at the grocery store. We had one that you had to stand on. They didn't let us 18 year old untrained idiots use it often, but we still managed to as often as possible. Pallet jack races in the stock room were the best, until someone wrecked and caused some major damage.

Morning O Captains, My Captains. Still colder than Elsa's nips over here.

I didn't know that about Elsa, but I'm willing to warm them up for her. That would be the honorable thing to do.

This is true. You feel a lot of pressure when you're held responsible for a group of people. It's sometimes counter-intuitive to give your people trust and the ability to make decisions, knowing that ultimately you will be held accountable for their actions. But that's what they want! And if they have experience and knowledge, why wouldn't you give that freedom? Most of the time your people know more than you do.

I did the boss thing for about 5 years. I enjoyed it, but the pay didn't justify the extra work and stress as the boss. I would be willing to try it again with the right circumstances, but doubt I'll have the opportunity.

Morning gents.
Trying to take it easy today a bit since I threw my back out yesterday. Not as bad as I've done it before, but the morning was very rough.
Always a joy to have to pee and you can't walk... :sad2:

That stinks. Everything hurts when your back is out. I tried to save my muscle relaxers as they sure helped.

I think most Americans have percolator coffee pots
Not drip coffee makers? Really? Percolators? I hardly see those anymore.
I don't consider the press pot fancy, and it's certainly the cheapest. I think it makes the best tasting coffee because no filters are used.
I don't drink coffee, so not trying to be a smartass_ here...
But isn't there a filter that you press down to... well... filter out the grounds?
Everything hurts when your back is out.
Pretty much. My hips and legs hurt now because I have to walk so differently.
I tried to save my muscle relaxers as they sure helped.
I've been eating a combination of Aleve (Ibuprofen) and Tylenol.

Another Monday. Is the week over yet?

Congrats on the first recital.

We had box cutters with exposed blades. Of course, this is KY and there are a lot of missing fingers and teeth.

I still like my press pot. I'm not sophisticated enough for espresso.

Not a local, but I really want to be. Either Orlando or the beach. If you figure out how to move, then let me know.

LOL I know how to move. Getting sick of it in fact, which is why I want to go straight to Florida instead of getting a bigger apartment up here for a few years. Odds are low I'll be able to talk the wife into it though. She wants to have another kid, and stay around here for the family support. Whereas I want to get our life going where we want to live and then have the kid

A very happy Friday Eve! Was finally able to stop by and glad to see things are as normal as ever. Dan has his espresso and several of you are enjoying double scoops while others are using their sticks to make popsicle's. Work has been a bit out of whack but back under control going into the holiday week next week. Disney / Aulani has been a PITA the past couple of days as I was unable to book anything for June DVC at 7 month window. Even though rooms showed available just before the 7:00 a.m. gong sure enough no dice when hit the complete button, but May, which didn't work for us had plenty of availability. Lesson learned, don't plan for Aulani in the summer months. Scrambled and pulled off a 5 night DCL with 2 stops at Castaway Cay and 3 nights at Copper Creek for resort & pool time. Not a bad back-up but was stressing as had to coordinate that back-up plan over a couple of hours.
Morning Guys, anyone see Mike?

;)
Why? Did ya miss me?
Morning gents.
Trying to take it easy today a bit since I threw my back out yesterday. Not as bad as I've done it before, but the morning was very rough.
Always a joy to have to pee and you can't walk... :sad2:
Hope ya feel better, bad backs are just miserable.

Not drip coffee makers? Really? Percolators? I hardly see those anymore.

I don't drink coffee, so not trying to be a smartass_ here...
But isn't there a filter that you press down to... well... filter out the grounds?

True. It's a drip. I guess percolater pots were the generation before the drip pots. I just didn't change the name. We still have a percolator pot at the Church, and I guess that was on my mind.

As for press pot, yes, you push the grounds down. But, that is after they have steeped in the water for 5 minutes. But, it's not a paper filter like the drip pot is.

LOL I know how to move. Getting sick of it in fact, which is why I want to go straight to Florida instead of getting a bigger apartment up here for a few years. Odds are low I'll be able to talk the wife into it though. She wants to have another kid, and stay around here for the family support. Whereas I want to get our life going where we want to live and then have the kid

That's what I meant - convincing DW to move to Florida. First, it was that it would ruin/ hurt/ decimate the children's education, as no one else moves. So, I'm 2+ years away from youngest being out of high school. There will be another excuse then. She hates the cold weather though, so I'm hoping we can get a beach condo for the winter months in hope we can move full time. I'm still years away.

A very happy Friday Eve! Was finally able to stop by and glad to see things are as normal as ever. Dan has his espresso and several of you are enjoying double scoops while others are using their sticks to make popsicle's. Work has been a bit out of whack but back under control going into the holiday week next week. Disney / Aulani has been a PITA the past couple of days as I was unable to book anything for June DVC at 7 month window. Even though rooms showed available just before the 7:00 a.m. gong sure enough no dice when hit the complete button, but May, which didn't work for us had plenty of availability. Lesson learned, don't plan for Aulani in the summer months. Scrambled and pulled off a 5 night DCL with 2 stops at Castaway Cay and 3 nights at Copper Creek for resort & pool time. Not a bad back-up but was stressing as had to coordinate that back-up plan over a couple of hours.

Why? Did ya miss me?

Hope ya feel better, bad backs are just miserable.

Well, DCL ain't a bad consolation. I'm hoping to make it out there one year as well.

Firstly, and most importantly, Happy Birthday Mark!

Morning boys from the mother country.
Norm's offer to warm up Elsa's cold front seems to have worked, as the sun has broken out, but earlier it was wetter than Ariel's undercrackers.

Not too much on today in Lego towers, a few set up bits, but in all in all should be a relatively light day. Here's hoping.

Ordered our Turkey for Fakesgiving. O' Canadian dads, the Lady K wants to have Poutine as a side dish, do you guys add anything aside from the cheese curds and the gravy? Fat or thin chips (fries)? pre made gravy or has anyone got a recipe? Leaving aside the fact that Fries shouldn't be anywhere near a Fakesgiving table, any comments or suggestions welcome.

Have a great day fellas.

Last edited:
Lets see If I still know how to post here

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB DisneyDadC! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #187!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Mornin' Dads! Happy Friday to all, unless you work tomorrow, like I do. Well, yesterday proved to be an interesting day. My boss came up to me right after lunch and told me that he had just gotten out of a meeting with the Dir. of Operations, and she told him that Corporate put a halt to all hirings until they get things worked out. So it looks like I'm back to finding a job. I was told that I've at least been extended through February, so there's that. He thinks I should stick around because he has a good feeling that they will ultimately wind up hiring me. I told him, "That may be the case, but you have to look at it from my perspective. If at the end of all this they decide not to fill the position, I'm screwed out of a job when I could have been looking while getting some kind of paycheck." He understood and doesn't blame me one bit, but he still thinks I should stick around. At least now I can look and not worry about upsetting the apple cart. You know? And not being a full-time permanent employee means all I lose is the time I take to do the interviews. I was talking with a friend who's worked as an HR manager, who's in the same position I'm in right now with her temp job, and said that at least this job puts something other than high priced, high class old white shoe law firms on my resume. And she agreed. She agreed that this makes me more marketable. Well, I'm outta here. I'm working in the warehouse all day, so my access will be limited. Have a good day, guys.

Playing on the forklift was fun at the grocery store. We had one that you had to stand on. They didn't let us 18 year old untrained idiots use it often, but we still managed to as often as possible. Pallet jack races in the stock room were the best, until someone wrecked and caused some major damage.

That sounds like fun...unfortunately I wasn't playing on the forklift. I was playing with the pallet jack, which I know how to use, but not according to his standards. :teeth:

That's what I meant - convincing DW to move to Florida. First, it was that it would ruin/ hurt/ decimate the children's education, as no one else moves. So, I'm 2+ years away from youngest being out of high school. There will be another excuse then. She hates the cold weather though, so I'm hoping we can get a beach condo for the winter months in hope we can move full time. I'm still years away.

I would love to move to Florida, preferably close to WDW and work there part-time after I retire, but it won't happen. I do love where I live, but more importantly the DW wouldn't move. As a musician, her business is all by word of mouth, so she would basically have to start all over again.

Thank you, sir!

Ordered our Turkey for Fakesgiving. O' Canadian dads, the Lady K wants to have Poutine as a side dish, do you guys add anything aside from the cheese curds and the gravy? Fat or thin chips (fries)? pre made gravy or has anyone got a recipe? Leaving aside the fact that Fries shouldn't be anywhere near a Fakesgiving table, any comments or suggestions welcome.

My job is to smoke the turkey and let everyone else worry about the rest of the meal. I usually don't bother with gravy, but the folks at amazingribs.com have a fairly detailed procedure they swear by.

My boss came up to me right after lunch and told me that he had just gotten out of a meeting with the Dir. of Operations, and she told him that Corporate put a halt to all hirings until they get things worked out. So it looks like I'm back to finding a job.

Dang, that sucks. Sorry to hear it; hope they will reconsider soon.

He thinks I should stick around because he has a good feeling that they will ultimately wind up hiring me. I told him, "That may be the case, but you have to look at it from my perspective. If at the end of all this they decide not to fill the position, I'm screwed out of a job when I could have been looking while getting some kind of paycheck."

Exactly. You definitely have to look out for yourself in this case. Bird in the hand and all that.

Morning from an overcast day in Westfield NB. Still super busy at work, but the view is not bad.20191122_102743.jpg
Happy Friday.
Happy birthday Mark.

Norm's offer to warm up Elsa's cold front seems to have worked, as the sun has broken out, but earlier it was wetter than Ariel's undercrackers.

Not too much on today in Lego towers, a few set up bits, but in all in all should be a relatively light day. Here's hoping.

Have a great day fellas.

I have one at home I'll post it later.
Mornin' Dads! Happy Friday to all, unless you work tomorrow, like I do. Well, yesterday proved to be an interesting day. My boss came up to me right after lunch and told me that he had just gotten out of a meeting with the Dir. of Operations, and she told him that Corporate put a halt to all hirings until they get things worked out. So it looks like I'm back to finding a job. I was told that I've at least been extended through February, so there's that. He thinks I should stick around because he has a good feeling that they will ultimately wind up hiring me. I told him, "That may be the case, but you have to look at it from my perspective. If at the end of all this they decide not to fill the position, I'm screwed out of a job when I could have been looking while getting some kind of paycheck." He understood and doesn't blame me one bit, but he still thinks I should stick around. At least now I can look and not worry about upsetting the apple cart. You know? And not being a full-time permanent employee means all I lose is the time I take to do the interviews. I was talking with a friend who's worked as an HR manager, who's in the same position I'm in right now with her temp job, and said that at least this job puts something other than high priced, high class old white shoe law firms on my resume. And she agreed. She agreed that this makes me more marketable. Well, I'm outta here. I'm working in the warehouse all day, so my access will be limited. Have a good day, guys.

That sounds like fun...unfortunately I wasn't playing on the forklift. I was playing with the pallet jack, which I know how to use, but not according to his standards. :teeth:

I would love to move to Florida, preferably close to WDW and work there part-time after I retire, but it won't happen. I do love where I live, but more importantly the DW wouldn't move. As a musician, her business is all by word of mouth, so she would basically have to start all over again.
Hopefully a better job will be on the horizon, bust of luck.

Morning guys, anyone want to write my report for our AGM booklet?

Wet day here today but good news, it may snow tomorrow.

Have a good one all.

Oh Mark,

So I'm going to guess that Ariel is not hanging out under the sea right now.

That bites. I remember the days of working as a contract employee, glad I haven't had to do that in awhile.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!