DDA Chapter 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am completely Type A too, but as for packing, it would drive me nuts doing it early. A few days before I will start laying clothes and "trip only" type stuff (raincoats, pins, etc) out on the guest bed. Each one of us has a section. I'm visual, so that way I can "see" what all I have. As I lay it out, I cross it off of the packing list. The day before we leave I will put everything in a suitcase. Could that be the reason? :idea: I don't think Elizabeth has a "staging" area, so her stuff would go in the suitcase as she take it out. Maybe that holds true for you too? I think I might have uncovered the logic! :rotfl2:

I'm also a Type A personality. I handle it by having a checklist of everything that we need to pack for trips. We pull that out several weeks in advance and start going through and making sure we have everything. It only takes about 2 hours to pack. We keep everything for Disney that we don't use reguarly in a box called Disney. I also keep things in the same place for the most part.

Happy Birthday Tia!!

Debbie..I love your t-shirt. If you are worried, spray some scotchguard on he shirt...that crap works pretty well!!

I am 90% packed....last minute running around today. May be a soggy trip as I see rain EVERY day we are there!! :headache:

Suck it up and enjoy the "alternate activities" we discussed ;) It'll be a great trip!!

There must be something wrong with me
5.gif
...I HATE shopping for clothes. I hated shopping when I was thin & I hate it when I am um..not so thin.:rotfl: I figured I really should have more clothes than just Mickey Mouse tee shirts so I went to the mall to look around. I spent over 2 hours in Macy's, Sears, & some assorted stores & all I came home with was a black pair of capris. Nothing appealed to me..everything is either "too young" or "too old" looking to me. Wish I could just buy clothes on line but I am never sure of the fit. Everyone else looked like they were enjoying shopping
5.gif
..but not me... hate it, hate it! Now if I was shopping for Disney merchandise, then thats a different story.

5.gif
...I HATE shopping for clothes. I hated shopping when I was thin & I hate it when I am um..not so thin.:rotfl: I figured I really should have more clothes than just Mickey Mouse tee shirts so I went to the mall to look around. I spent over 2 hours in Macy's, Sears, & some assorted stores & all I came home with was a black pair of capris. Nothing appealed to me..everything is either "too young" or "too old" looking to me. Wish I could just buy clothes on line but I am never sure of the fit. Everyone else looked like they were enjoying shopping
5.gif
..but not me... hate it, hate it! Now if I was shopping for Disney merchandise, then thats a different story.
I soooooooooooo feel your pain.

Elin, could you design them with a write-in for the name, print them, and mail them to the state president to fill in all the names? I'm becoming a big believer in getting the ball back into someone else's court.

That said, I finally received the important information that I need to copy for this meet (that starts today) late last night, so I need to get myself out the door.

Have a great day, DDA!

I could do that, Beth... but then they will look crummy. Her handwriting is atrocious! :rotfl:

Hope you got all your copying done. Good luck this weekend!

Thanks, everyone! :grouphug: Right now I'm worried about my dad. He hasn't really had a chance to break down yet and he's the one who found him this morning.

Kellie, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure your dad will have his break down after things are taken care of. That is what I've seen. You get through what has to be done and when things are settled, you have time for the break down.

We found out why my MIL keeps wanting to be rushed off to the hospital. She found her father dead when she was a young adult and found my FIL in the same place in October. She doesn't want to die at home and have anyone have to "find" her.

The only ones I would be interested in are Bistro Bethem and Poppy Hil. I haven't bought any yet. Still thinking on it. I don't like the fact that I can only use one $25 GC at a time. I want to be able to use 2 and have the entire meal paid for. :rolleyes:

Those are the two places I get too. I wish you could use two at once and I also wish you could use them for lunches. The "after 5:00" rule is kind of silly when the costs are about the same for lunch!

We found out why my MIL keeps wanting to be rushed off to the hospital. She found her father dead when she was a young adult and found my FIL in the same place in October. She doesn't want to die at home and have anyone have to "find" her.

That is so sad. :sad1:

5.gif
5.gif

I feel your pain....I have lost 2 pairs of shorts in the last two days....
so I am down to 3 wearable pairs....I see short shopping in my future:headache:

Kellie, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure your dad will have his break down after things are taken care of. That is what I've seen. You get through what has to be done and when things are settled, you have time for the break down.

I could see why she feels the way she does.:hug:

I am on lunch break and I haven't hurt Jim...but it came close one time;)

thats a good thing but why is dufus home today?

he went to work at 5.....I heard him slam the front door but when I got out of my room at 8 he was sleeping on the couch...I seriously think he's trying to lose his job....I didn't feel like asking him why he decided to come back home. I don't want to go to jail.....I have a birthday party to chaperone. :lmao:

Good morning, oogieboogieman/Elizabeth! :teeth:

Good afternoon, Elin! :)

she is confusing me :rotfl2:

Oh, for heaven's sake. Try to keep up, Kristine! :rotfl2:

Yeah! All of my organizing was recovered. I just had to go through the process of bringing all of the songs back into the player and it recovered all of the playlists, organization, etc. I was so not looking forward to redoing that for 2000+ songs.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TIA! Glad you got the music thing figured out! :thumbsup2

he went to work at 5.....I heard him slam the front door but when I got out of my room at 8 he was sleeping on the couch...I seriously think he's trying to lose his job....I didn't feel like asking him why he decided to come back home. I don't want to go to jail.....I have a birthday party to chaperone. :lmao:

awe who knows

I am asking for prayers for my family. my Grandma is in iCU she started having bleeding from her rectum on friday. Last night she got 4 units of blood and 6 units of plasma. They are doing a scope down her throat and a colonoscopy today to try to find out where the bleeding is coming from. They will try to fix it if they can find it. She has a pacemaker that is doing almost all the work for her heart. she is a diabeitc whos sugars are never under control. I am asking God for his will to be done and to take her if its time. so prayers for us if it does happen soon. I am tired of seeing her suffer.

Prayers and :grouphug:

It sounds like it is time for her to go into assisted living or a nursing home. Or perhaps you could find someone to rent a room from her, that way someone (non family) would be around and she wouldn't worry so much about you guys finding her some day. Obviously the day will come and someone will find her :confused3

Happy Birthday Tia​

good job on the cleaning yesterday. I hope you can get the rest of it finished today. Yeah for finding your music.

I am done! The playroom is lovely once again and all little one destruction from Easter (yes, Easter, I had to redo what the moms cleaned up after that destruction) has been undone. Now to go back to the whole "maintenence" thing again. Terra had been doing so well, but then Easter came. Eek!

5.gif
5.gif

I am totally with you!

I am on lunch break and I haven't hurt Jim...but it came close one time;)

Keep up the good work. ;) Abi's counting on you for her party. (And I don't know what happened to RSVPing. I can't get more than 1/3 of the people to do so for anything - parties, Girl Scouts, etc.)

And now I am off to bake and then take a shower. I had to break down and turn on the A/C due as it was getting too stuffy and sticky inside, but the pre-A/C part now requires a shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter