DCP Spring/Spring Advantage 2020 Apps

BethieBoo18

Earning My Ears
So, this is my first time using disboards. I am applying for the DCP WDW Spring and Spring Advantage programs. I applied for Fall back in January, or February, and I didn't get in. I had previously worked for Disney Store over the holiday season, and I am wondering if that short experience could have been a reason I didn't get in. Does the DCP want people new to Disney? I was hoping that that experience would help, but when the fall app asked for my personnel number, I just had this feeling that it wasn't going to help. Am I the only one who has previous experience with Disney and is applying? Have you gotten in, even though you had that previous experience? I'm nervous and have been thinking about this non stop.

I have two questions!

1) How long ago did you work at the Disney Store? If you leave a position with the company, you have a six month turnaround period before you're supposed to apply to work again. If you applied for the DCP in those six months, that's probably why you were NLIC.

2) Before you left your position with the Disney Store, did you check your rehire status with your manager?

Going between the Disney Store and DCP shouldn't be an issue in and of itself. I know a few people from the DCP FB groups who worked for the Disney store before going to the DCP and I almost did the opposite (I went from to the Disney Store after about two years post DCP and was offered a role but didn't take it.)

I have two questions!

1) How long ago did you work at the Disney Store? If you leave a position with the company, you have a six month turnaround period before you're supposed to apply to work again. If you applied for the DCP in those six months, that's probably why you were NLIC.

2) Before you left your position with the Disney Store, did you check your rehire status with your manager?

Going between the Disney Store and DCP shouldn't be an issue in and of itself. I know a few people from the DCP FB groups who worked for the Disney store before going to the DCP and I almost did the opposite (I went from to the Disney Store after about two years post DCP and was offered a role but didn't take it.)
Hi!
My last day was January 10 of this year. I applied maybe a month or less later. I didn't realize that, so thank you!
And, no, I did not check my rehire status with my manager. It was my second ever job, so I didn't know I was supposed to do that. I'm so much less nervous now! Thank you! This is something I've wanted since I was in middle school.

Hi!
My last day was January 10 of this year. I applied maybe a month or less later. I didn't realize that, so thank you!
And, no, I did not check my rehire status with my manager. It was my second ever job, so I didn't know I was supposed to do that. I'm so much less nervous now! Thank you! This is something I've wanted since I was in middle school.

Not everybody confirms their rehire status with a manager (I didn't!) so don't stress! Can I also ask how far into the application process you got? Were you NLIC as soon as you applied, or did you go through one or both interview?

Not everybody confirms their rehire status with a manager (I didn't!) so don't stress! Can I also ask how far into the application process you got? Were you NLIC as soon as you applied, or did you go through one or both interview?
So, I applied and then about a month later, I received an NLIC email. I didn't even get to the WBI. I'm worried that this time, they won't let me continue because I have "nannying and babysitting" as my job since I got done at the Disney Store. It's been easier to work around my college classes.

So, I applied and then about a month later, I received an NLIC email. I didn't even get to the WBI. I'm worried that this time, they won't let me continue because I have "nannying and babysitting" as my job since I got done at the Disney Store. It's been easier to work around my college classes.

Okay, if you were NLIC without a WBI, I'm almost positive you were rejected based on that 6-month turnaround period. I wouldn't worry about your babysitting/nannying experience right now, because you've only been out of that Disney Store job for a little while! If you're concerned about your work experience, I highly recommend joining a DCP Spring 2020 Facebook group! I'm not personally good at looking over resumes, but I know a lot of people who would love to help you look over your experience and make sure your application is as good as it could possibly be. Good luck!

Okay, if you were NLIC without a WBI, I'm almost positive you were rejected based on that 6-month turnaround period. I wouldn't worry about your babysitting/nannying experience right now, because you've only been out of that Disney Store job for a little while! If you're concerned about your work experience, I highly recommend joining a DCP Spring 2020 Facebook group! I'm not personally good at looking over resumes, but I know a lot of people who would love to help you look over your experience and make sure your application is as good as it could possibly be. Good luck!
Thank you! After talking with you, I feel way less nervous!

Hi first time applicant here! Anyone have tips and tricks to distract myself from constantly refreshing my email, Im nervous and just wayy too excited

Hi first time applicant here! Anyone have tips and tricks to distract myself from constantly refreshing my email, Im nervous and just wayy too excited
Hey! I also just applied four hours ago. This is my second time applying. Watch a movie or watch tv. If where you live is cool enough outside, go for a walk or run. Exercise releases serotonin, which will help you calm down and stay happy and positive. I'm super nervous as well, but keeping my mind off of it as much as I can is what is keeping me sane. The last time I applied, my semester had started, so I had class to distract me. But, I don't start till the 26th. Lot's of luck to you and anyone you know who is applying!

Does anyone know approximately the average time you have to wait to get either a wbi or nlic’d? I’m just super nervous, I just applied this afternoon a few hours after it opened.

Does anyone know approximately the average time you have to wait to get either a wbi or nlic’d? I’m just super nervous, I just applied this afternoon a few hours after it opened.
I applied at 8:15am California time and am still in Apps Received. It can be anywhere from 20 minutes to three months. Try and keep your mind off of it the best you can. Lots of luck to you!

My son applied Monday. He got a WBI within 10 minutes. Then had a phone interview today (Friday).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!