DCL transfer or taxi in NYC?

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
I am in NYC right now and we just took a 70+ minute taxi from LGA to our hotel that is near Times Square. We were just going to take the taxi back to LGA when we get off the ship but now we are rethinking it just because of the length and cost. So my question is, is it easier/better/faster to take the DCL transfer to LGA or should I just take the taxi? There are 3 of us and our taxi cost $70

Last edited:
Oh wow, I just looked up NYC taxi prices and although prices to JFK are fixed, LGA is "standard taxi meter fare" - ouch!!
I still think it's cheaper to taxi than to take DCL for 3 people (I want to say it was $45/pp for NYC, don't quote me on that though), and you don't have to wait for the bus to fill. Getting a taxi from NYC pier was super easy - exit, and they were directly across the street waiting in a line.

Taxis are usually lined up on the mid-level of the terminal for pick up after a cruise: Here is a photo I took:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter